Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-11-2018, 10:55   #61
erica74

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post
No. He was asked about homelessness and introduced travellers and Tipperary himself.
Houses being built and refused by anyone is certainly relevant to a discussion about homelessness. Why should he not have brought up travellers and the issues they cause in society?
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 10:55   #62
Phoebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post

As a very unwilling licence fee payer to RTE I would like management to review that interview and call Tubridy to account over it.
How did RTÉ respond when you asked them to do this?
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 10:57   #63
tretorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebas View Post
How did RTÉ respond when you asked them to do this?
I would expect RTE management to do their job without having to be asked by people who directly pay their wages.

If RTE management having read the twitter criticism and having watched Tubridys petulant childish behaviour still dont think there is cause for concern then RTE is no longer an objective professional broadcaster.
04-11-2018, 11:01   #64
Phoebas

Quote:
I would expect RTE management to do their job without having to be asked by people who directly pay their wages.

If RTE management having read the twitter criticism and having watched Tubridys petulant childish behaviour still dont think there is cause for concern then RTE is no longer an objective professional broadcaster.
Fair enough.
You're just complaining about RTÉ on boards, but you haven't made an actual complaint to RTÉ.

Will you be back on here next week complaining that RTÉ haven't dealt appropriately with the complaint you didn't tell them about?
04-11-2018, 11:02   #65
fin12

Quote:
The insurance companies are getting to grips with false personal injury claims and no prizes for guessing which members of our community are over represented in personal injuries claims.

Its about time the Insurance companies tackled this problem because its us fools who payy insurance and road tax who have been funding these payouts.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...3%AD-1.3291459
This is completely true, I worked in a solicitors office before and there was Travellers in most days with personal injuries claim. They even take cases against each other, like the wife would sue the husband who had an accident while a passenger in the car.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 11:05   #66
Kivaro

Quote:
I wonder will Tubridy make any reference on his radio show tomorrow to the criticism he got on twitter over his totally biased interview with Peter Casey.

As a very unwilling licence fee payer to RTE I would like management to review that interview and call Tubridy to account over it.
Unfortunately, the likes of Turd-idy and his RTE quango co-horts are untouchable. They are protected by liberal and leftist politicians where you will find an enormous amount of mutual back-scratching going on.

Don't forget that RTE has a complete disdain for the squeezed middle. We are the people who pay for the terrible service that RTE provide to the country through their disproportionate-charge-for-what-we-get television license. RTE tries at every opportunity to seek retribution on those of us who object to their requests for an increase in the TV tax .... in order to give pay increases to their already exorbitantly paid "talent".

When the squeezed middle finally get a voice in this country (and it will be soon), I'd say that the Television license will be on the way out. Either RTE sink or they swim on their own.

Last edited by Kivaro; 04-11-2018 at 11:41. Reason: After receiving a warning and notification, I spotted a typo in the post. Cheers.
04-11-2018, 11:06   #67
Edward M

Quote:
The insurance companies are getting to grips with false personal injury claims and no prizes for guessing which members of our community are over represented in personal injuries claims.

Its about time the Insurance companies tackled this problem because its us fools who payy insurance and road tax who have been funding these payouts.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...3%AD-1.3291459
Just on insurance, I have a small holding acroos the border here in longford, a couple of sheds and 8 acres of land.
I have house insurance here and a few sheds with 20 acres of land, in Cavan.
My farm insurance is higher in longford and has to be separated from here by fbd, or if I include it all together it would be dearer, I was told it was because of the high crime rate on longford farms because of travellers.
I'm not saying that's the official line, but that's what I was told anyway.
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 11:07   #68
Buford T. Justice V

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFPM View Post
Might I suggest you take your head out of your bigoted ar$e and look at the facts of the situation - you're simply aping Casey.
Mod note: MFPM, don't post in this thread again. There's no need for anybody to be abusive when replying to a post.

Buford T. Justice
04-11-2018, 11:07   #69
Cork Boy 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin12 View Post
I say there will be every chance he will be voted in especially in the counties he topped the presidential vote in. He has done very well so far.
What are you talking about? Michael D topped the poll in every single constituency and only in a handful was Casey even reasonably close behind him.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 11:15   #70
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
He was asked a question about the community in question and responded. He didn't target anyone. You're wrong. Incorrect.
Wrong O, completely wrong. He was asked about homelessness and introduced Tipp and travellers himself. He then went on to have a go at SEMS.
20.22 here.
https://soundcloud.com/the-floating-...thnic-minority
(3) thanks from:
04-11-2018, 11:19   #71
Panch18

Quote:
Some of them do, of that there is no doubt. Some of the settled community make the news too, some of our immigrant community as well, and for equally bad reasons.
Again I’ll ask the question, what is traveller diversity? What makes them diverse?
(3) thanks from:
04-11-2018, 11:21   #72
Roger Hassenforder

Quote:
No. He was asked about homelessness and introduced travellers and Tipperary himself.

He hasn't addressed any of the other issues you mention, that I can see. That is what his supporters think he was referring to in some sort of masonic secret shorthand way.
He brought it up in the context of discussing people turning down offers of housing.
Perfectly legitimate context.

Listen to about 20 mins in....

04-11-2018, 11:23   #73
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panch18 View Post
Again I’ll ask the question, what is traveller diversity? What makes them diverse?
Again I will answer - if you don't know the answer to that,(what travellers say about it and what your government accepted) go research it. It is not my responsibility to inform you. Nor to defend what travellers think.
Personally I accept the arguments for SEMS.
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 11:25   #74
FrancieBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Hassenforder View Post
He brought it up in the context of discussing people turning down offers of housing.
Perfectly legitimate context.

Listen to about 20 mins in....

It may or may not be legitimate. The poster said he 'was asked' specifically about the Tipp situation and SEMS. He wasn't, he introduced those subjects himself.
(2) thanks from:
04-11-2018, 11:26   #75
Panch18

Quote:
Again I will answer - if you don't know the answer to that,(what travellers say about it and what your government accepted) go research it. It is not my responsibility to inform you. Nor to defend what travellers think.
Personally I accept the arguments for SEMS.
So you can’t answer the question then

Go figure

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion