Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Thanks for the response!

How does that work?

I've got a firestick en route, and was looking at getting a VPN to be able to watch US Netflix & Prime etc. Is that possible with Yodata, and is it easy?

Yes install the app on your phone first and then use an app called Easy Fire Tools to push it on to your firestick.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Great thread! I just bought a lifetime sub to Keep Solid VPN with Stack Social and that DN40 code.

Cost US$24 all in - or just over €20.

I had a free trial of the app running on a firestick, and inserting the new code was simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

What's the best server for connecting from a Firestick, running STB Emulator. Tried multiple servers and getting lag on them when streaming.

Had IP Vanish installed on the stick along with VPN Unlimited, but IP Vanish has expired so back to VPN unlimited but don't find it reliable so far this week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Be aware that there is a monthly account limit of 900Gb. Seems like it's across your five users.

Has anyone managed to buy a second sub and add it to a current 5 user acc to get 10 users or are you better setting up a separate account for those 5? Esp with 900Gb per account?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

TheDriver wrote: »
    Be aware that there is a monthly account limit of 900Gb. Seems like it's across your five users.

Has anyone managed to buy a second sub and add it to a current 5 user acc to get 10 users or are you better setting up a separate account for those 5? Esp with 900Gb per account?

They dont allow you to add using a bundle like this. You can pay more per month or you can set up another account with 5 slots

• Advertisement

kaerobe wrote: »
    They dont allow you to add using a bundle like this. You can pay more per month or you can set up another account with 5 slots
    Their own prices are high enough, the stacksocial on new acc will be best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What's the latest and greatest deal on VPN Unlimited?

Is it the one on Stack Social now for 59.99 USD?

What's the latest and greatest deal on VPN Unlimited?

Is it the one on Stack Social now for 59.99 USD?

No, 5 devices with code DN40, should be 20 euro ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Thanks for the response!

How does that work?

I've got a firestick en route, and was looking at getting a VPN to be able to watch US Netflix & Prime etc. Is that possible with Yodata, and is it easy?

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure for US Netflix as netflix were able to detect the VPN previously on my Firestick so stopped using it for that. I only use it for thr SSports+ when my other options are not available.

I bought 2 lifetime subs but with different email accounts so I could have an extra 5 devices.

I also ended up buying the Yodata lifetime to see how it works and I'm impressed for the price and no device limits.although not sure about the data limits. Probably 900 as you pointed out for most operators. I use the VPNs rarely as well.

• Advertisement

Sup08 wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure for US Netflix as netflix were able to detect the VPN previously on my Firestick so stopped using it for that. I only use it for thr SSports+ when my other options are not available.

I posted on Netflix forum that I'm getting most countries working on Netflix now and they show up in recent steaming on my Netflix account. I'd say Netflix is easing off on it for some reason.
    Only issue is some servers are not fast enough for streaming so you'll get crap quality.

Sup08 wrote: »
    I bought 2 lifetime subs but with different email accounts so I could have an extra 5 devices.

I also ended up buying the Yodata lifetime to see how it works and I'm impressed for the price and no device limits.although not sure about the data limits. Probably 900 as you pointed out for most operators. I use the VPNs rarely as well.

What do u make of yodata? I find keepsolid quite polished. I have a free windscribe that gives me 50Gb a month but I find it clunky.

What do u make of yodata? I find keepsolid quite polished. I have a free windscribe that gives me 50Gb a month but I find it clunky.

I used for the West Ham game today on the Ssports app (firestick) and it didn't buffer or freeze at all.

The app is easy to use on the firestick and you can set easy access favorites. It wouldne be as polished as keepsolid. When you open and use it for the one country (turkey) it's two clicks to start the VPN and one to switch off when finished. It's a good back up at the price on stacksocial and no device limits. So handy when you've more than 5 devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Anyone having issues with BBC iPlayer?

It used to just be UHD stuff that wouldnt stream, but now most shows just get stuck buffering. I have no issue with any other app.

Keepsolid say its not an issue. Ive tried it on Android TV and Firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

kaerobe wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with BBC iPlayer?

It used to just be UHD stuff that wouldnt stream, but now most shows just get stuck buffering. I have no issue with any other app.

Keepsolid say its not an issue. Ive tried it on Android TV and Firestick

Getflix DNS the way to go for iplayer, I had Keepsolid vpn while good sometimes with iplayer, Getflix never a problem so far

Working fine for me here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I've had similar buffering issues with BBC iplayer. I thought it might have been my Virgin Media being slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone able to get UK/USA Prime Video?
    Get a message in the apps about using a DNS/VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yeah iPlayer's been crap with it for me too since after that time it wasn't working at all for a week or so.

@theDriver do you know which ip works for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone able to get UK/USA Prime Video?
    Get a message in the apps about using a DNS/VPN.
    The best way I've found of getting US Prime to work consistently is look up what's on the US Prime on a site like say justwatch.com and then turning on my vpn and googling the title and Prime for a direct link to it, has worked everytime for me this way.

E.g. "Sound of Metal Prime Video"

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Yeah iPlayer's been crap with it for me too since after that time it wasn't working at all for a week or so.

@theDriver do you know which ip works for you?

I use the BBC iplayer one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I use the BBC iplayer one

Yeah, but you ever notice what ip address it says you're connected to? Not what they've named as the server.
    You can get a few different ip addresses for each one, maybe the one you get isn't having the same problems as the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

Anyone know of good deals for VPN that work with Dazn

https://www.security.org/vpn/vpn-unlimited/review/

Interesting article. Like most here, I only use it on streaming devices and the odd time on phone so they'll never get any useful data bar watch histories however you may need to be cautious if you're using it for protecting your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

I got a 6 month free trial of the Keepsolid VPN and now can get a lifetime subscription for £20 through stacksocial. If I take this up can I just login on my free account or do I have to use a different email address to avail of this ?

SPAWKER wrote: »
    I got a 6 month free trial of the Keepsolid VPN and now can get a lifetime subscription for £20 through stacksocial. If I take this up can I just login on my free account or do I have to use a different email address to avail of this ?
    You should be able to redeem the code in your current account. Apparently you can't redeem a second code to add 10 devices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

SPAWKER wrote: »

Can you share that offer please?

You should be able to redeem the code in your current account. Apparently you can't redeem a second code to add 10 devices

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Advertisement