Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 223 | IAQUINTA VS KHABIB | SAT. APR. 7, 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rose - Submission
    Sounds like she wasn't hurt thankfully but something like this in the middle of a weight cut while you're preparing for the biggest fight of your life can't be easy on the head.

Plus she is a sensitive emotional person who has struggled with their mental health. She always tries to stay in a positive environment so I wouldn't be surprised if this took her off the card. I know people will give out if a fighter withdraws from getting 'shook' but this would absolutely suck if conor's actions affected her. As for Chiesa, I hope he sues the absolute **** out of Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Joanna - Submission
    Just on that, would he have grounds to sue Conor if Conor didn't actually throw whatever hit him, i.e if one of the posse did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Khabib - Submission
    stephenl15 wrote: »

Top comment is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭rob316

One entourage in this case should not even have been there. The MacLife accredited people apparently opened a door/emergency exit and allowed the gang in to attack the buses.

Jon Jones/ Diaz weren't at UFC events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Joanna - Submission
    rob316 wrote: »
    Jon Jones/ Diaz weren't at UFC events.

Ah I wasn't aware of that. All on their books at the time tho, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Joanna - Submission
    I take it there are no more media events tonight? The weigh in on Friday is the next event?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Rose - Decision
    Top comment is brilliant.

And bang on the money in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Rose - Submission
    Hopefully this distracted Khabib and max sparks him ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Lobov fight cancelled, Chiesa fight cancelled and Borg has glass in his eye. Card falling apart! FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Borg fight off
    Chiesa fight off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Statement from UFC:

“During today’s media event at Barclays Center to promote ‘UFC 223: Khabib vs. Holloway,’ Conor McGregor and Artem Lobov entered the building accompanied by over a dozen individuals.

“The group, which included McGregor and Lobov, vandalized the vehicle that contained a number of athletes competing at the event taking place this weekend. NYPD was immediately alerted and is currently in the process of investigating the situation. UFC is working very closely with the New York Athletic Commission, Barclays Center security and law enforcement authorities. All parties are working together to ensure the highest standard of proper safety precautions are implemented to protect the fans and athletes.

“The organization deems today’s disruption completely unacceptable and is currently working on the consequences that will follow. Immediately, Lobov has been removed from this weekend’s card and individuals involved in the incident are not welcome at tomorrow’s ceremonial weigh-in or Saturday’s event at Barclays Center.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

My one care in the world right now is Khabib making weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Rose - Submission
    With 3 fights gone off the card, the main event should be on a good bit earlier now, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Khabib - Submission
    With 3 fights gone off the card, the main event should be on a good bit earlier now, right?

You really don't follow the sport do you? You just pop up any time there is a bit of controversy surrounding McGregor. Pretty sad really.

Everything will be moved up and start later. The main card will start at 3 am as advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Rose - Decision
    bur wrote: »
    My one care in the world right now is Khabib making weight.

He posted on Instagram that hes already at the weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib - Submission
    xtal191 wrote: »
    He posted on Instagram that hes already at the weight

No he didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Khabib - Submission
    Absolutely gutted that we have lost 3 fights off this card. I can only imagine how the fighters feel. You make it through camp, a day off weigh ins and then this **** stops you from fighting.

Rose - Decision
    No he didn't?

I saw it on reddit earlier, I'll see if I can find it

• Advertisement

Rose - Decision
    No he didn't?

Was one of his teammates who posted it

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/8a7w11/6_hours_before_weighin_khabib_made_weight/

Rose - Submission
    I think his da had posted or that Khabib had already made weight. Wouldn't listen to a word, the scales will reveal all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rose - Submission
    Khabib a true warrior weighs in 154.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I like the first comment on that reddit link, "What if he cuts so hard that he drops into the weight class below and is ineligible to fight?" :D

Khabib - Submission
    ricero wrote: »
    Khabib a true warrior weighs in 154.5

Let's see if Max can make championship weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Joanna makes 114, should be a good scrap.

Khabib - Submission
    Khabib looking good on the scales.

2nls6sz.png

Rose - Submission
    3 fighters left, no sign of Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If max can't make championship weight it really throws the cat among the pidgeons, Tony would be back on ensuring he is interim.

• Advertisement

Khabib - Submission
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    If max can't make championship weight it really throws the cat among the pidgeons, Tony would be back on ensuring he is interim.

If Max doesn't make weight and Khabib wins, Khabib is still the champion.

Advertisement