Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 223 | IAQUINTA VS KHABIB | SAT. APR. 7, 2018

Options
  • 02-04-2018 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

447170.jpeg447169.jpeg

Originally scheduled as Ferguson vs Khabib, Ferguson has retired from the fight due to an accident whilst filming media obligations causing a ligament tear in his knee.

Holloway has stepped up in extremely short notice, but is getting rewarded in the form of a title fight at lightweight. Meaning should he win he’ll be the second man ever to hold two belts simultaneously in the UFC, after Conor McGregor.

Incidentally this is the 4th time this fight has been scheduled and the 4th time a fighter has had to pull out. Dana white has said he’ll never schedule this fight again, ever.

Winner winner chicken dinner? 166 votes

Khabib - TKO/KO
    0%
    Khabib - Submission
    24%
    jimmycrackcormlaforsKJChrisMHespypaulieeyeDvBpudzey101callaway92redarmy[Deleted User]GavRedKingDrPhilGcreeper1PrettyBoyyourdeadwrightBrussels SproutriceroR777Bhots 40 votes
    Khabib - Decision
    17%
    .akMossy Monkjv2000phily2002horsebox09hawaii501weldoninhioprettyboy81VW 1tommyboy26AbsoluvelySenor FrogSpudman_20000turnipheadLionbackersoap1978Jeff88448abrushkaWrongway1985Mehaffey1 29 votes
    Rose - TKO/KO
    13%
    joe316xtal191davywalsh7jimmiiprincemuzzykwestfan08SpatialPlanningCarrollerdeodubUseful.IdiotMr. Managerclsmoothcintec12gauge daveseiphilGamb!tpeteeeedTangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo[Deleted User]Porthallian 22 votes
    Rose - Submission
    13%
    Mossy Monklaforsjoe316mailburnerscudzillaDeedsieDrPhilGZero-CoolweldoninhioriceroVW 1tommyboy26Senor FrogSpudman_2000012gauge davefinglashoopEncrypted PigeonAmazingfunTangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga BungonullObjects 22 votes
    Rose - Decision
    6%
    xtal191kwestfan08gizabeerRebelSoulJohn_D80[Deleted User]jousting with chairsselassieDermobrickiejammiedodgers 10 votes
    Joanna - TKO/KO
    1%
    hotsnormanoffsidemiocicmma 3 votes
    Joanna - Submission
    13%
    .akMagown3KJChrisMHespypaulieeyephily2002pudzey101Richard teaThe Floyd pcintecsrfc d16Wrongway1985[Deleted User]Tommy KellyjjdonegalPandaPooCitizenFloorBunny ColvinNever wrestle with pigs 23 votes
    Joanna - Decision
    0%
    Iaquinta - TKO/KO
    6%
    callaway92CarrollerUseful.IdiotBrussels Sproutclsmoothseiphilmartyos121LionbackerTJ Mackieqwabercd0byme75341jo28 11 votes
    Iaquinta - Decision
    3%
    0ph0rce0[Deleted User]smoochie06shocksyTheChosenOne_JenovaProject 6 votes
    Iaquinta - Submission
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Joanna - Submission
    ... UFC need to hire better graphic artists, looks like some dude did that on their phone after half a bottle of merlot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Looking forward to the co-main event more than the main event now after yesterday's news. I've been disappointed in Joanna with her relentless weight cut excuse so I'm hoping she loses again. She posted this 5 days ago so no excuses if she loses again.

122.5 lbs
    “If you want something done right... You have to do it yourself”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg3uqPnDvh1/?hl=en&taken-by=joannajedrzejczyk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So did Iaquinta and Chiesa miss photo day and just email in a passport pic???

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Place is a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

It's jumped the shark....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Rose - Submission
    Embedded is up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Rose - Submission

Joanna - Submission
    Khabib looking gaunt AF

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rose - Submission
    Jaysus, when Rose was getting into the ice bath, did ya see the size of the rat than ran past it :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rose - Submission
    Is it too late to add a poll?, I'm interested in seeing how can many people think Max can do it and also show my support for Rose :)

Speaking of, embedded is always better with rose and pat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib - Submission
    .ak wrote: »
    Khabib looking gaunt AF

Looked fine live today in the MMA Hour.

George Lockhart on Max's weight cut "this is literally tied with the biggest cut I’ve ever done. It’s the exact same number as the biggest cut that I’ve ever done in my life."
    The more I think about this the more I don't like it, it just seems reckless and unsafe.
    Whatever happened to Dana's "sometimes we have to protect these guys from themselves"?
    https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/4/2/17190272/george-lockhart-max-holloway-weight-cut-biggest-ever-featherweight-lightweight-khabib-ufc-223-mma

Rose - Submission
    cliggg wrote: »
    George Lockhart on Max's weight cut "this is literally tied with the biggest cut I’ve ever done. It’s the exact same number as the biggest cut that I’ve ever done in my life."
    The more I think about this the more I don't like it, it just seems reckless and unsafe.
    Whatever happened to Dana's "sometimes we have to protect these guys from themselves"?
    https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/4/2/17190272/george-lockhart-max-holloway-weight-cut-biggest-ever-featherweight-lightweight-khabib-ufc-223-mma

He prob won't make championship weight so. Could Khabib still win it if max comes in at 160 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Rose - Submission
    He prob won't make championship weight so. Could Khabib still win it if max comes in at 160 or something

yes, if Khabib is on weight then he can win the belt, if Max is over then he (Max) can't

Presumably yes but who knows with the UFC these days? Max won the featherweight interim belt by beating Pettis who missed weight so wouldn't have won the title if he won the fight. It is possible they both miss weight too :eek: (though I hope they don't)

Rose - Submission
    Dana said (hehe) they when the first punch is thrown, Conor and Tony's belts go away and the fight is then for the real belt.

Imagine if Max doesn't make weight but wins the fight, absolute cluster ****.

Tony is getting even more cringey complaining his interim belt shouldn't be taken away from him. FFS man it's not the real belt.

I thought Max might have a bit of an advantage for not having to go through a full weight cut but an emergency full weight cut will leave him bolloxed fight night. Will be an interesting week.

Joanna - Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is it too late to add a poll?, I'm interested in seeing how can many people think Max can do it and also show my support for Rose :)

Speaking of, embedded is always better with rose and pat.

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Joanna - Submission
    Done

Results are hidden though?

Joanna - Submission
    Results are hidden though?

I clicked make results viewable ... :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I clicked make results viewable ... :confused:

Fixed it - thanks for adding the thread/poll

• Advertisement

Rose - Submission
    Looks like Joanna is completely overlooking rose again and blaming only the weight cut. Hope she gets sparked again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Khabib - Decision
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Tony is getting even more cringey complaining his interim belt shouldn't be taken away from him. FFS man it's not the real belt.

Eddie Bravo on JRE explaining how that not holding the belt loses Ferguson a ton of money come next fight so you can forgive him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Khabib - Decision
    All the focus on Khabib's weight cut but I thought Joanna was the gaunt looking one on the Embedded.

Was so disappointed to hear of Ferguson getting injured but the more I think about it Holloway might actually be a more exciting opponent even if it is a daft situation with the belts.

Rose - Submission
    Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Eddie Bravo on JRE explaining how that not holding the belt loses Ferguson a ton of money come next fight so you can forgive him that.

Yeah I heard that and fair enough a belt equals more money but the LW belt situation is in shambles, makes no sense for him to keep an interim belt when the real belt is on the line, even though one of challengers never fought in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Rose - Decision
    What’s the maximum that Max can weigh in at and still be allowed to fight??

I think for LW there is a limit of 161lbs. Can anyone confirm this?? I know there is a little known stipulation there somewhere.

Would Max just be better off aiming for that weight and forget about the belt?? Arrive in the cage a hell of a lot healthier.
    He’s still getting paid. Albeit -20% of his show money but that will only be a drop in the ocean out of his entire takings for this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Khabib - Submission
    Max will be mauled , I just can't see this being anyway competitive,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Joanna - Submission

I don't bet on much but he's value at 4/1. Will put on a few quid, probably on a KO. Hope he does it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Ferguson bargaining power is diminished by not having a belt. Ufc will punish him for loss of earnings for them from this fight. He will be back to scrapping for 30/30 next fight as opposed to the six figure payday plus ppv cut the belt brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Khabib - Submission

I don't bet on much but he's value at 4/1. Will put on a few quid, probably on a KO. Hope he does it too.
    Id love to see him in,, but i just can't see it ,
    Who was the last wrestler he fought ? was it Bermudez who beat him ?
    Am i forgetting about someone ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib - Submission

The NY commission won't sanction if he's over 160 AFAIK.

Advertisement