Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 223 | IAQUINTA VS KHABIB | SAT. APR. 7, 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

probably doesnt need it but props to Khabib, 3 different opponents in 6 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The other 3 are fair enough but you can't blame McGregor for Tony or Max pulling out.
    Of course but I meant it like if he had agreed to fight one of them then (indirectly) this mess wouldn't have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib - Submission
    Fair play to Showtime for stepping up, I'd say they threw an absolute fortune at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Khabib - Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Pettis with the showtime kick finish, calling it now.

Pettis will be destroyed. Wrestlers have made him look like an amateur fighter over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rose - Submission
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Pettis will be destroyed. Wrestlers have made him look like an amateur fighter over the last few years.

Yeah I wasn't being very serious there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Whelo79 wrote: »

This x 1000000, its going to be a massacre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Khabib - Submission
    Dis is number 1 boolsh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Khabib - Submission
    WOW, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE **** SHOW,
    Pettis will be murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Joanna - Submission
    Can mods update the poll for "Pettis - RIP"?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shame that Diaz isn't in fighting condition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Pettis isnt confirmed..Al Iaquinta and Paul Felder also in the hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rose - Submission
    In fairness to the ufc they are trying to make the best out of a ****ty situation.

Hopefully they can pull it off. I want to see khabib maul someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Big Al better get back in the Sauna if he wants the fight has a small bit to cut in 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pettis' career is absolutely insane. One of the best in the world, everything going for him, a spectacular fall, flukes his way to an interim featherweight shot and gets mauled, gets mauled by Poirier and is now somehow looking at fluking a way to getting a lightweight title shot?! Crazy.

Axwell wrote: »
    Pettis isnt confirmed..Al Iaquinta and Paul Felder also in the hat
    Out of the 3 I'd like to see Felder get it, he'd have the best chance imo and I like him the most

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Where is T-City......

Surely Pettis will have abandoned his cut after the Chiesa fight got scrapped? Got to think him making 155 is unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Inviere

Joanna - Submission
    dashoonage wrote: »
    Where is T-City......

Was just about to ask the same, would have loved to see that match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Khabib - Submission
    What must Khabib be thinking? He's a proud guy, he can't be happy fighting for a title against someone who has been thrown into the fight at the last second! Whether it be against, Iaquinta, Felder, Pettis or whomever, he can't stand in that cage at the end of the fight and think he is the deserved Lightweight champ.

Maybe Nate should have been in camp for this, he could have been the first fighter Dana called after Tony pulled out and it would have been a guaranteed route to the Conor rematch he wants so much (if he won that is)

• Advertisement

Surely Pettis will have abandoned his cut after the Chiesa fight got scrapped? Got to think him making 155 is unrealistic.

You want to get paid UFC make you complete weight usually. Others have weighed in that have been pulled.

Felder and "Raging" Al are both campaigning for the fight now. Khabib must feel like the Belle of the Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

**** it, announce Khabib v a mystery opponent and put McGregor in a luchador mask. El Conero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Rose - Submission

The other fighters that fights got pulled all weighed in. Pettis was the only one that didn't, he must have got the heads up a bit before it was announced.

**** it, announce Khabib v a mystery opponent and put McGregor in a luchador mask. El Conero.
    El Conero gets on the mike before the fight "I am Lucha Libre!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Rose - Submission
    cliggg wrote: »
    El Conero gets on the mike before the fight "I am Lucha Libre!"

"No harás nada"

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    You want to get paid UFC make you complete weight usually. Others have weighed in that have been pulled.

True, I forgot about that. Another classy, pointless policy from the UFC.

I noticed the other day at the workouts that Max did not look drawn out at all. Very full in the face. Showed zero signs of being in the midst of a cut.

At the time I thought he was either having a very easy cut (ie the Lockhart stuff was BS) or he was being 'encouraged' to miss weight so as not to complicate the 155 title situation.

I don't know what to make of any of it, the 10lbs loss on the plane etc.

Conor during his rampage looked like he was in the midst of a cut, very lean in the face and prominent brow ridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I noticed the other day at the workouts that Max did not look drawn out at all. Very full in the face. Showed zero signs of being in the midst of a cut.

At the time I thought he was either having a very easy cut (ie the Lockhart stuff was BS) or he was being 'encouraged' to miss weight so as not to complicate the 155 title situation.
    He was fighting 10lbs heavier, wouldn't expect him to look as drawn out
    I don't know what to make of any of it, the 10lbs loss on the plane etc.

Conor during his rampage looked like he was in the midst of a cut, very lean in the face and prominent brow ridge.
    He might have a bit of bother passing USADA at this point.

• Advertisement

Seen this on twitter

Has anyone even considered just going to the Bronx Zoo and bringing a bear to the cage to fight Khabib?

Advertisement