Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

lads just got a phone call there from 061 567 3082 , recorded message saying there was suspicious activity on my PPS number and and arrest warrant had being issued for me. :P :P

i think the suspicious activity was that im actually paying taxes.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've moved some posts about the Radisson Vaccination centre into the Limerick Covid thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭AnonZen

Does anyone know if the CCTV in the Crescent covers the exterior as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

AnonZen wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the CCTV in the Crescent covers the exterior as well?
    i think it is limited to around the general area/perimeter around the building i could be wrong though. waste your time looking for cctv though guards would have a better of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭AnonZen

i think it is limited to around the general area/perimeter around the building i could be wrong though. waste your time looking for cctv though guards would have a better of getting it.

Yeah, I intend going to the guards but if the CCTV is limited to the inside and the immediate area around the doors, then I reckon I'm wasting my time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

AnonZen wrote: »
    Yeah, I intend going to the guards but if the CCTV is limited to the inside and the immediate area around the doors, then I reckon I'm wasting my time.

Most if not all of the back car park is covered by CCTV. There are multiple PTZ domes mounted on lighting poles. I'm not sure about the north-facing end although I'd be surprised if it wasn't well-monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Wow the thunder.

Saw a van on Friday with Johnny Walsh written on it. Some construction firm or something similar, not sure. Is it the former Limerick United player?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

YFlyer wrote: »
    Saw a van on Friday with Johnny Walsh written on it. Some construction firm or something similar, not sure. Is it the former Limerick United player?

Johnny Walsh carpets & wooden floors and yes that’s him.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Johnny Walsh carpets & wooden floors and yes that’s him.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Was in Cosgroves to pick up a bottle of red. Guy said you're lucky, a minute to go. Explained back in the day, we got wine after niteclubs closing.

Sorry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Was in Cosgroves to pick up a bottle of red. Guy said you're lucky, a minute to go. Explained back in the day, we got wine after niteclubs closing.

Sorry.

I tried to explain a pricing gun and the cashier having to input the price rather than just scan a bar code to a retail manager recently, they just couldn't figure it out and were laughing at me, "so people had books with prices on them, put that price into a "gun" who punched it onto the product, then when the customer brought it up to the cashier they just put in that number", he asked what happened if a customer swopped a sticker from 1 product to another and I said that it was ok cause the price was split in 3 so the cashier would spot it, his head pretty much exploded at that stage.

Clareman wrote: »
    I tried to explain a pricing gun and the cashier having to input the price rather than just scan a bar code to a retail manager recently, they just couldn't figure it out and were laughing at me, "so people had books with prices on them, put that price into a "gun" who punched it onto the product, then when the customer brought it up to the cashier they just put in that number", he asked what happened if a customer swopped a sticker from 1 product to another and I said that it was ok cause the price was split in 3 so the cashier would spot it, his head pretty much exploded at that stage.

I'm perplexed. In my head don't scan the wine, wait till after 10:30 next day.

Clareman wrote: »

how many items a minute could you tag???;);):D:D:D

Is the bank machine access inside at AIB O'Connell street open on a Saturday and Sunday and at what hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is the bank machine access inside at AIB O'Connell street open on a Saturday and Sunday and at what hours?

Definitely open over the weekend I think its open until at least 21.00

phog wrote: »
    Definitely open over the weekend I think its open until at least 21.00

Thanks. Took a chance heading in yesterday.

how come they always wait till a Friday to start digging up side of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

how come they always wait till a Friday to start digging up side of the road

Overtime of course

when did all the tds & Councillors become medical experts ?? if they were as good doing their jobs as they are to talk ****e It would be a great country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Is the motor tax office opened to the public to tax your car in person, or do you have to do it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

Is the motor tax office opened to the public to tax your car in person, or do you have to do it online?

Can you not do it online?

The last time I was in the motor tax office was back in 2013 on the deadline day to declare an old Austin Allegro I had in a shed as off the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Dad??

McSween wrote: »
    Dad??

Was asking on behalf of my brother, knowing him he could be :D

Checked the council website and says they're not open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I've only just seen seen this story about a portable toilet being pushed over with someone in it. I hope gardaí are following it up because to me this is serious.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/639799/viral-video-of-limerick-portaloo-being-pushed-over-is-condemned.html

Also, a councillor has said it was wrong to provide toilets "without any supervision". I can't see what sort of supervision would stop someone launching himself at a toilet. Maybe the toilets should be better secured but that's another matter.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I've only just seen seen this story about a portable toilet being pushed over with someone in it. I hope gardaí are following it up because to me this is serious.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/639799/viral-video-of-limerick-portaloo-being-pushed-over-is-condemned.html

Also, a councillor has said it was wrong to provide toilets "without any supervision". I can't see what sort of supervision would stop someone launching himself at a toilet. Maybe the toilets should be better secured but that's another matter.

There'll be nothing done about it because it was a group of friends acting the dick amongst themselves. Don't think the Garda can do anything if one person doesn't want to make a complaint unless the girl injured is U18 and the parents want to take it further. But again I doubt they'll will to possible avoid any hassle.

Also it wouldn't be Cllr O'Brien not to get his little dig in about certain social media users. Shocked he didn't mention cycle lanes since he's a big fan of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

There'll be nothing done about it because it was a group of friends acting the dick amongst themselves. Don't think the Garda can do anything if one person doesn't want to make a complaint unless the girl injured is U18 and the parents want to take it further. But again I doubt they'll will to possible avoid any hassle.

Also it wouldn't be Cllr O'Brien not to get his little dig in about certain social media users. Shocked he didn't mention cycle lanes since he's a big fan of those.

If they had a Garda posted next to every block of toilets O'Brien would moan about it being a waste of money

Its amazing one of the big bins didnt go missing with the clientelle that hangs around there.
    Anyway The Fine weather is out lads They all too busy Showboating on their pages Claiming praise for everything as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Louche Lad wrote: »

Hardly unexpected these days, is it?

I'd say that was one of the reasons why the council delayed providing them in the first place.

Mid way through last year we had an "influencer" tweeting photos of himself and his dog standing on a picnic table.

No wonder we can't have nice things in Ireland, people treat stuff as play things and never think that another person might want to use them for the purposes they were originally provided for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

phog wrote: »
    Hardly unexpected these days, is it?

I'd say that was one of the reasons why the council delayed providing them in the first place.

Mid way through last year we had an "influencer" tweeting photos of himself and his dog standing on a picnic table.

No wonder we can't have nice things in Ireland, people treat stuff as play things and never think that another person might want to use them for the purposes they were originally provided for.

Ha "these days". Fellas been acting the maggot and wrecking stuff long before influencers came along

Advertisement