Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont know why they continue to give column space to that troll, hes not even a city councillor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont know why they continue to give column space to that troll, hes not even a city councillor

What's worse is that he's on the policing committee and actively encourages people to break the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

adaminho wrote: »
    What's worse is that he's on the policing committee and actively encourages people to break the law.
    You wonder how half these people actually get elected prob another healy rae type job.

why is he showing up like this then if he is not a city councillor??
    @EmmettOBrienIND

Independent Limerick Councillor. Kildimo Pallaskenry GAA. Barrister/farmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

why is he showing up like this then if he is not a city councillor??
    @EmmettOBrienIND

Independent Limerick Councillor. Kildimo Pallaskenry GAA. Barrister/farmer.

Would imagine trying to stay in the public eye should another General Election come up. A couple of city based councillors are posting social media updates on issues outside of their district too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

adaminho wrote: »

Is that re: parking in cycle lanes or has he been up to something else?
    You'd think a beak would be more careful but then again he has had his own run ins (plural) with the law regarding his driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

He's an elected rep for the Limerick local authority, there is only one Local Authority for the city and county nowadays.

SCAMMER ALERT from 086 3405683 Robot voice saying there is security issues with number. will upload all call in min

• Registered Users Posts: 24,504 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

SCAMMER ALERT from 086 3405683 Robot voice saying there is security issues with number. will upload all call in min

Had it too. Claims to be the Gardai phoning off a mobile number with a robot voice its happened on a few different numbers. The fake number I got was 083

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Had it too. Claims to be the Gardai phoning off a mobile number with a robot voice its happened on a few different numbers. The fake number I got was 083
    i let mine go to voicemail something in my head told me not to ans the number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I just leave any call from a number I don't know go to voicemail now, if it's important they'll leave a message.

:D:D another one PPs this time 0863733636

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My wife has gotten half a dozen of those calls today. 085141xxxx. 4 different numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

MarkR wrote: »
    My wife has gotten half a dozen of those calls today. 085141xxxx. 4 different numbers.

I got 2 calls today from 085 numbers. Missed the first one so I rang it back. Call wouldn't connect so I just assumed twas dodgy. Ignored the second one and blocked both them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

I got 2 calls today from 085 numbers. Missed the first one so I rang it back. Call wouldn't connect so I just assumed twas dodgy. Ignored the second one and blocked both them.

I never ring back a missed call unless they leave me a message or I know the caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

phog wrote: »
    I never ring back a missed call unless they leave me a message or I know the caller.

I Google the number first.

12 weeks ago my wife got a text for her vaccine in the early days so wasn't sure if the text was real so I googled it. So many people had reported the number as utterly fake. I mean maybe 75% of people who did the same thing as me decided it was fake and reported the number as such. It wasn't fake of course so that doesn't help either.

Tldr; consider googling numbers that call you.

I use the android app "Google messages" instead of the pre installed version and it has a spam filter. A few of the known texts that have come in through the app already state "known to be spam, beware".

lads i have to get on to 'M' Got a call this morn arrest warrant out for me as well as being done for money laundering & drug trafficking:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

lads i have to get on to 'M' Got a call this morn arrest warrant out for me as well as being done for money laundering & drug trafficking:D:D:D

I'd be very disappointed if this turned out to be true and you never distributed to your brothers/sisters on boards . Do we mean nothing to you ?

Quick enough to get vaccine appointments did it Monday got text today for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone with Fritzbox internet have slow connection last night? Housemate said his connection was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone know if The Bike Shop is taking in bikes for service and repairs again yet?

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone know if The Bike Shop is taking in bikes for service and repairs again yet?

Its best to pop up. Last time I was able to get the bike in cause it was something small

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭scrubs33

Anyone know what’s being filmed in the city at the moment? Was passing the Church in Pery Square near the hotel yesterday and there was a sizeable film crew/actors filming what looked like a wedding scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

scrubs33 wrote: »
    Anyone know what’s being filmed in the city at the moment? Was passing the Church in Pery Square near the hotel yesterday and there was a sizeable film crew/actors filming what looked like a wedding scene?

Something with Angeline Ball (Imelda from the Commitments). It was on the Limerick Post a few weeks back.

Something with Angeline Ball (Imelda from the Commitments). It was on the Limerick Post a few weeks back.

Angela's Ashes II: Angela Strikes Back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Angela's Ashes II: Angela Strikes Back

Surely it'd be Angela's Ashes II: Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Was Gerry Hannan around...???

washman3 wrote: »
    Was Gerry Hannan around...???

He is playing the part of Dayman seeing as he already has the suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭scrubs33

Imelda Quirke? T**S and A**E…That line always cracks me up!!

Advertisement