Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

4 protesters waving signs down at the roundabout near the Crescent today against the "dangerous" redesign of the Fr. Russel road, whats planned for there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,504 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Thargor wrote: »
    4 protesters waving signs down at the roundabout near the Crescent today against the "dangerous" redesign of the Fr. Russel road, whats planned for there?

There was survey work done on the possibility of a cycle lane. Apparently it will be dangerous because it will force people to reverse out of their driveway but god knows how they do it now.

Ide say it wont happen at least not up that end where the road is tight and there is no room to widen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

breezy1985 wrote: »
    There was survey work done on the possibility of a cycle lane. Apparently it will be dangerous because it will force people to reverse out of their driveway but god knows how they do it now.

Ide say it wont happen at least not up that end where the road is tight and there is no room to widen
    ya you are def right there.

Lads do people know that Lidl & them hardware stores are open 7 days a week. you dont have to nearly kill each other to get in there. Lidl in Ballinacurra was a joke today. you swear the world was going to end. Dodging trollies everywhere nearly mow u down. soooner the place opens up fully the better some of these people might calm the **** down then.

Lads do people know that Lidl & them hardware stores are open 7 days a week. you dont have to nearly kill each other to get in there. Lidl in Ballinacurra was a joke today. you swear the world was going to end. Dodging trollies everywhere nearly mow u down. soooner the place opens up fully the better some of these people might calm the **** down then.

Do you know they are open 7 days a week ?

• Advertisement

Do you know they are open 7 days a week ?
    :P:P:P ya but ye women are nuts i had to do what the boss wanted looking for stuff u could only get in Lidl

I'd imagine the temporary closure of the Castletroy store has a lot got to do with it too

I'd imagine the temporary closure of the Castletroy store has a lot got to do with it too

forgot about that, roll on the dock road store.might ease the pressure.

:P:P:P ya but ye women are nuts i had to do what the boss wanted looking for stuff u could only get in Lidl

Ye women ? Think you might have the wrong person there

Ye women ? Think you might have the wrong person there

:eek::eek::eek::eek: sorry i thought u were a female :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

:eek::eek::eek::eek: sorry i thought u were a female :o:o:o

A word of advice for when international travel is back on - don't go to Thailand.

A word of advice for when international travel is back on - don't go to Thailand.
    :D:D:D:D:P:P:P:P. :eek::eek::eek::eek: heard mad stories alright
    i was going by the user name breezy 1985. presumed it was female my major mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone see the clip about Elisa O'Donovan being harassed in front of the Jesuits? It's kind of a witch hunt on her but it's gas altogether. She's walking up to people filming them and telling to pray at home but then when she's spoken to or when a guy approaches her she claims she's being harassed - you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

phog wrote: »
    Anyone see the clip about Elisa O'Donovan being harassed in front of the Jesuits? It's kind of a witch hunt on her but it's gas altogether. She's walking up to people filming them and telling to pray at home but then when she's spoken to or when a guy approaches her she claims she's being harassed - you couldn't make it up.

This clip and the story around it are weeks old and you posted about it on here a lot at the time. Why bring it up again?

Be careful she has spies every where :P:P. they all changed them Councillors gone very double standards. its okay when it suits all of them.

Fair play to her. It's always a good laugh riling up the holy joes

This clip and the story around it are weeks old and you posted about it on here a lot at the time.

I only got the clip over the weekend and it certainly gave it a different (I acknowledge the clip wasn't compiled from her perspective) angle than the one where she claimed to be the victim.
    Why bring it up again?

Because it was new to me I thought it might be new to others, obviously it wasn't new to you.

It was her that was riled up, the holy joes were calm in the clip that I referred to.

It was her that was riled up, the holy joes were calm in the clip that I referred to.

Not calm going by the stuff I have seen posted about it when it actually happened a few weeks back

Not calm going by the stuff I have seen posted about it when it actually happened a few weeks back

Oh, there may have been an online backlash to her publicity stunt on it.

I thought you were referring to they being riled up by her presence on the day she took the law into her own hands.

• Advertisement

As matter of interest would you support her actions if the people she was telling to move on and go home weren't catholics or are you happy because she objected to catholics congregating in public.

As matter of interest would you support her actions if the people she was telling to move on and go home weren't catholics or are you happy because she objected to catholics congregating in public.

Well they were gathering against restrictions so can't have much complaint. But ya I do get a giggle out of it when it's the pius

Well they were gathering against restrictions so can't have much complaint. But ya I do get a giggle out of it when it's the pius

But thats the same week they were all out @ king johns Castle but there was nothing about that & dont forget protests as well

That's sad.

She had no difficulty attending a rally/street gathering when it suited her but when others gather they are somehow less entitled to be in the street. It's narrow mindedness at best.

but thats the same week they were all out @ saint johns Castle but there nothing about that.

That's called whataboutery. Those people shouldn't have been there either but it doesn't make the genuflecting flash mob ok.

Also I don't care about people doing whatever at St. John's castle wherever that is. This is about Limerick

That's sad.

She had no difficulty attending a rally/street gathering when it suited her but when others gather they are somehow less entitled to be in the street. It's narrow mindedness at best.

Tell god on her. I'm sure he'll sort it out for ya

Tell god on her. I'm sure he'll sort it out for ya

Haha I think you're trying to rile me up but you certainly don't know if you think **** like that will get to me :D

That's called whataboutery. Those people shouldn't have been there either but it doesn't make the genuflecting flash mob ok.

Also I don't care about people doing whatever at St. John's castle wherever that is. This is about Limerick

sorry i meant king johns castle there sorry predictive text

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Aye, St. John (cathedral) was dead a good 1,000 years before King John (castle) was born.

• Advertisement

Haha I think you're trying to rile me up but you certainly don't know if you think **** like that will get to me :D

Haha I was wondering if you would cop it

Advertisement