Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

source wrote: »
    No Ice cream isn't a fad, but the usual thing in this city is that a shop has a unique selling point and does well, then we get way too many copies of that type of shop, the local economy can't handle it and they all wind up closing.

Exactly! Thank you!

And did they really have to open across from the one I’ve cream shop we do have?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Exactly! Thank you!

And did they really have to open across from the one I’ve cream shop we do have?

Ice Cream/Hammock district :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Exactly! Thank you!

That was a bit of an odd choice alright.
    Still though if they do other things it will be fine just like the coffee area on Catherine St.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

source wrote: »
    This happens regularly here, whatever the fad, 1 shop opens and does well, suddenly there's a glut of that type of shop until all but 1, or worse; none, are left due to the business being split.

Milkshakes and donuts spring to mind.

Gusto has been open 5 years+ so I'm sure their customers will stay loyal. Particularly good for cakes, so has all year round appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Circle K Thomondgate have applied for permission to convert part of the shop to an off-licence.

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/21399/0

Edit: Having re-read it the floor space mentioned 9.3sqm, sounds like just one long fridge or shelving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Gusto has been open 5 years+ so I'm sure their customers will stay loyal. Particularly good for cakes, so has all year round appeal.

Never been to Gustos been passed it but the problem i have been in a wheelchair is a lot of shops around that area of Williams Street have a step of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭pigtown

Doh pizza have applied to open a restaurant in the new unit at Castletroy Court (near Brew Brothers)

pigtown wrote: »
    Doh pizza have applied to open a restaurant in the new unit at Castletroy Court (near Brew Brothers)

Wow that was quick. Must be doing pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭adaminho

There's a new pharmacy opening behind Tubs and Tiles on Bengal Terrace. Seems to have a 24hr dispensing machine also.

[IMG][/img]REluZex.jpg

There is a bakery/cake shop moved in where the butcher's used be in Arthur's Quay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

breezy1985 wrote: »
    There is a bakery/cake shop moved in where the butcher's used be in Arthur's Quay

Think someone mentioned that belongs to the cafe that's upstairs in Arthurs Quay already.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Do Lidl move into old units. I don't think it's something they normally do

Lidl moved into the space that was previously occupied by Quinnsworth/Tesco in Dundrum Shopping Centre (the old one) in Dublin & have been there for well over 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Aren't they also in an old unit on Thomas Street in Dublin.

Lidl moved into the space that was previously occupied by Quinnsworth/Tesco in Dundrum Shopping Centre (the old one) in Dublin & have been there for well over 10 years now.

Now that I think of it they do it in London too. But space would be much harder to come by there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Rituals opening a store in the crescent? They are hiring. Their shops are much better than their offerings in BT so good news to me!

A men's clothing store called 818 is opening on Thomas St. across from Coqbull. Nice to see an independent menswear store in the city. I know I've seen lads complain a lot about this gap in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

A men's clothing store called 818 is opening on Thomas St. across from Coqbull. Nice to see an independent menswear store in the city. I know I've seen lads complain a lot about this gap in the city.
    Must be beside/close-to Sextons so? Although Sextons (and Connollys further up town) are good shops, more variety and choice is badly needed. Hopefully this new store gives us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Rituals opening a store in the crescent? They are hiring. Their shops are much better than their offerings in BT so good news to me!

Uh oh. My wife will bankrupt me!

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but Angel Dust patisserie has opened on Thomas St. beside Carlton coffee. Gorgeous, really well made desserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but Angel Dust patisserie has opened on Thomas St. beside Carlton coffee. Gorgeous, really well made desserts.

Went in today. Some of the best desserts I've tasted. They are savage.

• Advertisement

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Went in today. Some of the best desserts I've tasted. They are savage.

They are so good. Like something from a top class restaurant. I hope that they do really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

They are so good. Like something from a top class restaurant. I hope that they do really well.

Apparently the owner trained in Paris. Hopefully it will do well. Its in a great location. Currently queuing for Braw. Haven't been so excited to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Apparently the owner trained in Paris. Hopefully it will do well. Its in a great location. Currently queuing for Braw. Haven't been so excited to try.
    She has top quality stuff too. Hope she opens a shop in the city centre as the current pop-up in the industrial estate is a bit out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭djdunny

She has top quality stuff too. Hope she opens a shop in the city centre as the current pop-up in the industrial estate is a bit out of the way

Anna only posted a few hours ago that the pop up shop will be finishing next week so they can focus on opening their shop in town. Looking forward to it.

Passed it earlier, big fanfare event happening out there as a celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Berty wrote: »
    Passed it earlier, big fanfare event happening out there as a celebration.

Suppose we can expect another spike in Covid figures in two weeks so!! :mad:

JK :pac:

:pac: Yes, if people get tested. No cases can be found if people don't get tested :pac:

ESf4KPlXcAEn8Jb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The Lidl variant.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    :pac: Yes, if people get tested. No cases can be found if people don't get tested :pac:

ESf4KPlXcAEn8Jb.jpg

Maybe they're queuing for tests?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40283777.html

Advertisement