Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

think people were just annoyed that after making the effort to get to the game, maybe taking time off work, paying for travel, tickets etc the team goes out and the majority of them put in unacceptable performances, not nice when ya boo your own team but sometimes its deserved! saying that though i didnt boo

I feel for the crowd who make the effort. But, I heard the weather conditions were fairly horrible to play in?
    At least you were'nt drawn into the old booing mallarky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

weather was crap but it wasnt just that, some players just didnt look interested and were pulling out of tackles, didnt boo but must have used every swear word known to man during the game!

weather was crap but it wasnt just that, some players just didnt look interested and were pulling out of tackles, didnt boo but must have used every swear word known to man during the game!
    Yep there was an understandably high risk for that alright, I'd say!
    Sligo rovers matches tends to change even the most timid of supporters into screaming banshees by the end of their matches. Know a very mild mannered guy that practically suffers from Tourettes during the game and then reverts back to type after it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 psuedo nim

you cant blame bad weather for bad football...its the same for both teams!! as for pulling out of tackles....that would dissapoint any fan, especially if you have taken the time to travel on a bus for 3-4 hrs without a toilet!! yes it would pee me off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Not been on boards in ages, and i come back and see a 7 page thread on Rovers.

Super stuff!

• Advertisement

psuedo nim wrote: »
    you cant blame bad weather for bad football...its the same for both teams!! as for pulling out of tackles....that would dissapoint any fan, especially if you have taken the time to travel on a bus for 3-4 hrs without a toilet!! yes it would pee me off!!

think we definitely have to travel on a bus with a toilet from now on, certain more mature fans found the wait for the toilet stop to be particularly stressful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Fitzo wrote: »
    Not been on boards in ages, and i come back and see a 7 page thread on Rovers.

Super stuff!
    Yeah its amazing the amount of rubbish you find on these discussion forums ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

muffler wrote: »
    Yeah its amazing the amount of rubbish you find on these discussion forums ;)

no mention of a finn harps thread muffler, not doing fantastic them selves

relieases their higher in the table and have won a game

;)

irish-stew wrote: »
    no mention of a finn harps thread muffler, not doing fantastic them selves

relieases their higher in the table and have won a game

;)
    Ah sure basquille would only kick my ass outa here if I started a thread like that in the Sligo forum :cool:

Ah sure basquille would only kick my ass outa here if I started a thread like that in the Sligo forum :cool:

didn't see it mentioned in the donegal forum either

:D

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    didn't see it mentioned in the donegal forum either

:D
    Very few people in Donegal have internet access so that probably explains it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

think people were just annoyed that after making the effort to get to the game, maybe taking time off work, paying for travel, tickets etc the team goes out and the majority of them put in unacceptable performances, not nice when ya boo your own team but sometimes its deserved! saying that though i didnt boo

When I was a kid, the Irish league supporters did nothing else but boo & slag their teams off... one game I was at, a player went to kick the ball near the sideline, completely missed it & fell head over heels, tumbling into the advertisment hoarding. The oulfella in the stand just above where he landed, leaned over and shouted down to him.. "next time son, remember what your supposed to be kickin' - it's the white roundy thing, THE ROUNDY THING."

Cripes they have been playing well, maybe not reflected in the stats....I dunno theres a difference between a bit of light banter and booing. Booing is kinda getting into the realms of mob rule. Look where thats led to elsewhere :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

tuppence wrote: »
    Cripes they have been playing well, maybe not reflected in the stats....I dunno theres a difference between a bit of light banter and booing. Booing is kinda getting into the realms of mob rule. Look where thats led to elsewhere :eek:

It got rid of Steve "the Gaffer" Staunton, which can't be a bad thing. I think if fans are paying money, week in, week out, to watch a team underperform, then it's fair game, but if - like you say - Sligo are playing well, then it's a bit out of hand alright.

have been going to away games for a while and we have clapped them off the pitch after poor results before but the ucd game was just pathetic, no one minds if you dont get a good result but the least you ask for is committment and a bit of passion, that just wasnt on show in Belfield,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

no one minds if you dont get a good result but the least you ask for is committment and a bit of passion, that just wasnt on show in Belfield,

Yeah, nobody expects Rovers to turn into AC Milan overnight but a supporter paying hard earned money to watch a game should at least see their players putting an effort in and playing with a bit of passion.

I wasn't at the UCD match so I won't comment on it but I have heard a lot of reports from it and they were not so good.

Hopefully Rovers will get their first win soon, it could be what the players need.

Ah yes sligo rovers needs commitment, passion and a bit of va va voom when someone in the crowd gets a bit mouthy.
    Whats that a boo!:eek::D
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Eric_Cantona_kung-fu_kick.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

e
    tuppence wrote: »
    Ah yes sligo rovers needs commitment, passion and a bit of va va voom when someone in the crowd gets a bit mouthy.
    Whats that a boo!:eek::D
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Eric_Cantona_kung-fu_kick.jpg

Lol, remember that! Look at the guys face at the top centre of the pic with the flat cap on! Was he the inspiration behind this smiley: :eek:?

e

Lol, remember that! Look at the guys face at the top centre of the pic with the flat cap on! Was he the inspiration behind this smiley: :eek:?
    Ya and he is saying "Son the ball is the white roundy thing...THE ROUNDY THING"!!!:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Are you all still going to be showing support tonight for the players following "the white roundy thing"?
    I'll be sitting it out again with the wee man but Mr tulip will be going.

Good Luck!!! C'mon boys do us proud!!!!

• Advertisement

very important game tonight, these are the sort of teams (no disrespect to Cobh) that we should be getting 3 points against, especially when playing at home. A major improvement needed in attitude from the ucd game, Reckon rovers will get a win, think it will be tight though,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

It's without a doubt we need a win tonight , but I think we can get it , be interesting to see how Judge and Boco fare together if Faz doesn't make it.

we always need to win!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Nice win tonight.. crowd was poor but they missed a great 3rd goal.

its amazing how much better the league table looks after a win, happy for mauro getting a goal especially after the bohs game, looks to be a shrewd signing by the cookie monster,

Yes it was a good win. Not the most pleasant to watch but its the result that counts. It was freezing too eh? There were times I was tempted to head to the warmth of Mooneys but thought better of it.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I don't usually comment here and its not totally on topic but I was in a car crash last night and the fella at blame came up from Cork for the match,served him right though,his night couldn't have got worse,first a 3-1 defeat and then a car crash.

garth-marenghi where were you the second half? Die hard supporter?;) the guy with the crash HAHAHAHAHA

Good win. Well done.

cant say same for the harps

• Advertisement

cant say same for the harps

didn't want to mention that my self

:)

went up to donegal town for the weekend, missed the match, first one i don't go to they win,

:(

Advertisement