Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

garth-marenghi where were you the second half? Die hard supporter?;) the guy with the crash HAHAHAHAHA

I was in the same place as mr tulip;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dingo dog

I was in the same place as mr tulip;)

i saw at least 3 of the regular supporters in mooneys who didnt make the second half!! it seemed they were more interested in the coors light promotion and the three blonde girls who were handing out freebies!!:)
    3 points at last...or for the above mentioned FREE PINTS AT LAST!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

dingo dog wrote: »
    i saw at least 3 of the regular supporters in mooneys who didnt make the second half!! it seemed they were more interested in the coors light promotion and the three blonde girls who were handing out freebies!!:)

And where was Mr Dingo dog then. It was 2 blondes and 1 brunette by the way! ;) (says Mr Tulip)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Ah then, thats why is was so cold at the match...
    The main wind blockers and breakers* were getting liquid nourishment in Mooneys. They must have needed to get some gassy nourishment to top them up, being full of hot air! (Another reason for the drop in temp;)).

*Do blondes really have more fun. :eek::D

anyone here heading up to derry, im thinking epecially of those heretics that missed the second half against Cobh,:D, Its the only way that you can make up for heading to the pub instead of the game,
    Not usually a happy hunting ground and with derry playing so well will be tough, would be delighted with a point, see ye on the bus whoever is going;)

• Advertisement

anyone here heading up to derry, im thinking epecially of those heretics that missed the second half against Cobh,:D, Its the only way that you can make up for heading to the pub instead of the game,
    Not usually a happy hunting ground and with derry playing so well will be tough, would be delighted with a point, see ye on the bus whoever is going;)

Heres hoping that theres a toilet on the bus. Your liable to misplace alot of your party by all accounts if theres a pub stop! That would be something, not been able to make it to the match in the first place!! :p:D:D
    Best ban all liquid refreshments on route and pit stops! (how far is it to Derry?!)

one of the drivers tried banning liquid refreshments before but some fans can display great ingenuity when its required;), Looking forward to it,City fans creates one of the best atmospheres in the league, i see cookie is talking about playing attacking football up there so should make for an exciting game

one of the drivers tried banning liquid refreshments before but some fans can display great ingenuity when its required;), Looking forward to it,City fans creates one of the best atmospheres in the league, i see cookie is talking about playing attacking football up there so should make for an exciting game
    Lets hope its not a load of hot air all around :rolleyes: and they get the result they need...;):)

We're all sitting this one out....even the 2nd half at the pub (yes Mr Tulip, I know!);)
    Is it true there will be a supporters game before the Galway Utd? What time? Price?

Mrs Thistle

We're all sitting this one out....even the 2nd half at the pub (yes Mr Tulip, I know!);)
    Is it true there will be a supporters game before the Galway Utd? What time? Price?

Mrs Thistle

As far as i know the game between Galway and Rovers supporters kicks off at 3.30 on the all-weather pitch at the showgrounds, Rovers won the game last season and will be looking to keep hold of the trophy!, No charge for that game except players who will be renting out the all weather facility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Heading up tonight in hope rather than expectation , Derry have had a great start to the season , just hope that we give a good performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dingo dog

As far as i know the game between Galway and Rovers supporters kicks off at 3.30 on the all-weather pitch at the showgrounds, Rovers won the game last season and will be looking to keep hold of the trophy!, No charge for that game except players who will be renting out the all weather facility

and how does one become involved in this match??

and how does one become involved in this match??
    Think the team is more or less made up at this stage from the lads over on foot.ie, Could ask on the bus on the way up dingo dog (or is it pseudo nim:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Could ask on the bus on the way up dingo dog (or is it pseudo nim:D)
    Noticed that alright.

Just checked out the score against Derry, 0 - 0 that's great, isn't it? How was the match? All on your best behaviour?....

Just checked out the score against Derry, 0 - 0 that's great, isn't it? How was the match? All on your best behaviour?....
    Thats a good result I suppose against Derry. The bus is probably picking up people in watering holes in letterkenny as we speak on route back, who couldnt quite make it the whole way!;):D

Good game we deserved the draw , they didn't have too many if any clear cut chances , O'Grady and Almeida best for us

Great result, Said it before but Almeida looks to be a very good signing, Felt like a win last night considering our record up there over the last few years,

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good result for any team to go to the Brandywell and come away with a point. Well done.

Mrs Thistle

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=87618&page=2

thread about it there with all the participants , they are looking for a few more players apparently

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the Galway game, the supporters one as well although i doubt il grace the game with my silky skills as im well....crap,:o, Anyone on here going to play in it? It was good craic last year
    Think Rovers going to have a tough time in the less important evening game;), Galway are meant to be awful so far this year but think they will up their performance a level for this game, Would be happy with any kind of a win, going for a 1-0 rovers victory, mauro with another header,:)

Might put the wee man in for the game - he's pretty good! :D

would mr tulip be interested in playing, can definitely see him roughing up a few galway lads in the centre of midfield:), Hopefully a good crowd will turn up especially after the great performance up in Derry

would mr tulip be interested in playing, can definitely see him roughing up a few galway lads in the centre of midfield:)
    :eek::D:D

would mr tulip be interested in playing

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

would mr tulip be interested in playing,

Dont you mean a Ya (YA YA YA......) then!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

Nothing like a bit of marital support and encouragement.

:D:D:D

P.S. Any other women get the "If it wasn't for that knee injury, I'd have been up there with the best..."?

sueme wrote: »

P.S. Any other women get the "If it wasn't for that knee injury, I'd have been up there with the best..."?

How did you know that was me laughng at the thought? Still laughing now! :D

Thistle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

sueme wrote: »

I played full back on my school gaelic team... in the squad at the time were Dessie Farrell, Jason Sherlock & Kenny Cunningham. If it wasn't for those 2 left feet of mine....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I played full back on my school gaelic team... in the squad at the time were Dessie Farrell, Jason Sherlock & Kenny Cunningham. If it wasn't for those 2 left feet of mine....

It is a well known medical condition, that consistently putting ones foot in ones mouth can result in two left feet.

Advertisement