Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where/when you going this year?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

Mayrhofen March 9-16th. If anyone is there that week and wants to meet up, just drop me a line :D

Im going to Mayrhofen that week too, was there already in january. 3 of us going all boarders if you wanna meet up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Alpe d'Huez in 4.5 weeks

oh baby its close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

A couple of us are looking into going to some resort (to be confirmed but leaning towards Zugspitze) within range of Munich for 2 or 3 days. Looking at going 8-12th of March. I'm literally craving to ski at this stage. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭trashcan

Westendorf (again - love the place) on 16 February. Gonna be good. Fifth time skiing, starting to improve now - I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

trashcan wrote: »
    Westendorf (again - love the place) on 16 February. Gonna be good. Fifth time skiing, starting to improve now - I hope.

We're thinking of going next year! What's it like? Can you easily ski to the other resorts in the area? (Kitz, Soll etc) What's apres ski like? Can you ski to the village? Sorry for all the questions! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

karl83 wrote: »
    Im going to Mayrhofen that week too, was there already in january. 3 of us going all boarders if you wanna meet up.

Heading there myself that week...
    How do you think the snow will be? Bit nervous as it's definitely the latest in the season I've taken a trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

djb85 wrote: »
    How do you think the snow will be? Bit nervous as it's definitely the latest in the season I've taken a trip.

The way its snowing dont think it will be an issue

djb85 wrote: »

ah it should be good, i was there in jan for a week and there was a meter of fresh snow when i arrived, flight got diverted to munich because of it. It dumped the last 2 days i was there too. Alot of resorts stayed open till may last year because the snow was so good. Fingers crossed it'll be like that this year.
    Many of you going??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭trashcan

olaola wrote: »
    We're thinking of going next year! What's it like? Can you easily ski to the other resorts in the area? (Kitz, Soll etc) What's apres ski like? Can you ski to the village? Sorry for all the questions! :D

Haven't ventured out of Westendorf, but as far as I know the Skiwelt area is quite extensive. You can definitely ski to Soll. (Think you can also go to Kitzbuehl, with a different Lift Pass) The Apres Ski is good. I'm not into anything too loud or excessive, but that's available if you want it. Some quieter bars too. There's a few runs back into the village and the nursery slope (and Gondolas to the top) is in the heart of the village. No getting on a bus in the morning. I think it's ideal. Others tastes may vary though. As I said, I'm not a very experienced skier, so it's plenty challenging for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Working in whistler right now - amazing place!
    Ahh so jealous! But been there done that :P Awesome place would drop everything and do it again if I had the money!
    olaola wrote: »
    Yup, we went with them last year. Couldn't fault it - great food etc.
    We did think it was overpriced, and they try to squeeze every last cent out of you. But if you don't mind spending the cash and letting them take care of everything (at a higher price than if you did it yourself!) then you'll love it.
    Are they that good? Always wondered what they were like and thought about using them before but hadn't heard from anyone that did, might have to check them out when I'm a little richer!

• Advertisement

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Are they that good? Always wondered what they were like and thought about using them before but hadn't heard from anyone that did, might have to check them out when I'm a little richer!

They're pretty good. Wasn't too keen on the resort, and I'm sure there are British companies that do the same or better tbh. I'm glad we did it, but wouldn't be rushing back at those prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Meribel on Sunday! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Just hope the sciatic problem I got playing rugby 2 weeks ago clears up.... Very worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

St. Anton this Saturday :) Although a little dismayed to hear it's nicknamed "Steep and Deep" This is my 4th ski holiday, I seriously need to improve this time!

sassyj wrote: »
    St. Anton this Saturday :) Although a little dismayed to hear it's nicknamed "Steep and Deep" This is my 4th ski holiday, I seriously need to improve this time!

Start on the Rendl side of the mountain on the first day to get your snowlegs :)
    Some lovely blues over there, and a really nice red back down to the village. All very do-able.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Its been a busy year but so far I have had

Tignes
    Val Thorens
    Pila
    Champery
    Chatel
    Avoriaz
    St Gervais
    Megeve
    Garmish

lol omg what? Do you have a job???

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

lol omg what? Do you have a job???

I'd say he does and I'll guess it involves skiing. Fattes if you need an assistant I'm first in the queue.. ;) OK.

Eh eh back off I'm his new best friend! lol

Yes I do have a job but am slowly working more towards my job being based in the mountains.

Doing a serious amount of FIS races this year and training so its been busy, 2 more weeks on snow at least before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

was in Soll last year, so much fun. Really only one bar for apres ski. It;s near the slope on the edge of town. Went full board in soll.
    Just came back from Kitzbhule. Very different from soll. Plenty of bars and restaurants. Just had an apartment. Your're able to ski into a few towns either side and get bus back to town.

Both have plenty of blue/red runs. Very few black

• Advertisement

That sounds like a great place. I love the whole ski to your apartment or into town with a bus that brings you wherever within 10 or 15 mins etc. And mostly blue/red runs with a few blacks is imo best. I love to go down a few double black diamonds when I'm feeling darish but chilling at a good speed on red and blues and hitting the few natural jumps is most fun for me :D

I think the only thing about a place with 1 main bar is if that place is crap, it takes a big portion of the nightlife fun away. Can always make your own of course but still. Kits sounds like a good place. How many runs/lifts are there? Actually nvm I'll just google ^^

Where was your fave out of those places Fattes? You were there for training?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

That sounds like a great place. I love the whole ski to your apartment or into town with a bus that brings you wherever within 10 or 15 mins etc. And mostly blue/red runs with a few blacks is imo best. I love to go down a few double black diamonds when I'm feeling darish but chilling at a good speed on red and blues and hitting the few natural jumps is most fun for me :D

I think the only thing about a place with 1 main bar is if that place is crap, it takes a big portion of the nightlife fun away. Can always make your own of course but still. Kits sounds like a good place. How many runs/lifts are there? Actually nvm I'll just google ^^

Yep its grand 160km of runs all chair lifts and gondolas apart from 1 drag lift some great reds and blacks longest run is over 8km and the queues not that bad approx 10 min at most. there are 2 fun parks when you google it go to the bergbahn and check out the webcams.:D:D

few double black diamonds]

Go to Kits around the 20th of January some year and ski the Streif the the after the World Cup Downhill, Bring at least 3 pairs of clean underwear

Its only fully open the 2 days after the race winners normally do it in about 1:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH8wDi_XHCI

I think I recently watched the World Cup event there, can never remember the names of the ones I watch. When he comes out of the tree area and then off the side on the right I was like oh man thought that was one massive drop haha.

PS When I said a few black diamonds, I meant rarely! So "some year" is right lol. Looks awesome though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭rjp123

to st.anton am gnarlberg. next week.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Heading to Tignes from the 16th to 23rd March, out of the country for Paddy's day, visiting the brother who's over there for the season and plus the X-Games are on. Gonna be cracking!

Mayrhofen again on Saturday for the week. Anyone else gonna be there let's meet up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Snowbride 2011

I'll be in mayrhofen with the better half. Will PM you my number if you wanna meet up over the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

heading to cervinia tomorrow for the week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

St anton for paddy's

Chamonix for Easter!

Advertisement