Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where/when you going this year?!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Back out to Megeve for another week next week and then a sneaky end of April trip to Saas Fee. That should be enough for this season after all ready hitting the below?

Tignes
    Val Thorens
    Pila
    Champery
    Chatel
    Avoriaz
    St Gervais
    Megeve
    Garmish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

Fattes wrote: »
    Back out to Megeve for another week next week and then a sneaky end of April trip to Saas Fee. That should be enough for this season after all ready hitting the below?

Tignes
    Val Thorens
    Pila
    Champery
    Chatel
    Avoriaz
    St Gervais
    Megeve
    Garmish

#Hi there, how long do you spend in each area?? have you any recommendations on places to stay in all the above?/

Many Thanks

Mixed lengths of trips depending on how many races or if i was training etc. Minimum 3 days up to 2 weeks. Mix of hotels CHalets and friends floors.

could not complain about a single one of the below accommodation options

Pila Hotel Chance
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g194777-d1675325-Reviews-Hotel_La_Chance-Gressan_Aosta_Valle_d_Aosta.html

St Gervais Hotel beau Soleil Basic and a drive to the lift but bus available

Megeve Chalet Rond Point, Cheap and cheerful right at bus stop to all areas

Garmish - Forsthaus Graseck - You will need a car

Champery Apartments with a cracking view of the Dents DU Midi
    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/switzerland/SZ442.htm

Chatel/Val Thorens - A Friends floor.

Tignes - Chalet Alpina its actually a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭trashcan

Well, all over for another year (sob) Really felt I improved this year. Fifth time and felt much more comfortable/confident on the skis. Been looking at one particular slope for the past 4 years thinking "No f**cking way am I ever doing that" Did it 3 times this year, without falling over. Can't wait for next year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

Hi Fattes,

Would you recommend anywhere in particular for a bit of apres ski/happy hour in Avoriaz? I'm off there tomorrow and I'm looking to make the most of the €€€!! I've been before and been in Le Chapke but want to check out some other places this year.

• Advertisement

DoraDelite: Sorry I was there racing no Apres for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

trashcan wrote: »
    Well, all over for another year (sob) Really felt I improved this year. Fifth time and felt much more comfortable/confident on the skis. Been looking at one particular slope for the past 4 years thinking "No f**cking way am I ever doing that" Did it 3 times this year, without falling over. Can't wait for next year already.
    Hah nice going :)I'd love to go back to some places previously and know that I coan easily go down them, feels good when you improve so much eh?

Advertisement