Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef strike II what's a fair base price for the Autumn for R=3= steers?

Options
  • 16-09-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,155 ✭✭✭✭

Look, the lads on the line don't trust the factories. That is a big factor. The factory reps were never in the room with the farm reps. Remember in NI they got Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley in one room at the end of talks.
    The picket doesn't trust that the base price will not be dropped. They want a base price of €3.8./3.75.

What is a fair price in Euro/kg for an R=3= steer for the next 3 months? 138 votes

3.45-3.55
    51% 71 votes
    3.55-3.65
    2% 3 votes
    3.65-3.75
    1% 2 votes
    3.75-3.85
    4% 6 votes
    3.85-3.95
    10% 15 votes
    3.95-4.00
    12% 17 votes
    4.00 or above
    8% 12 votes
    I don't know
    8% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Water John wrote: »
    Look, the lads on the line don't trust the factories. That is a big factor. The factory reps were never in the room with the farm reps. Remember in NI they got Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley in one room at the end of talks.
    The picket doesn't trust that the base price will not be dropped. They want a base price of €3.8./3.75.

There'll be some twist, the rumours about larry controlling the Offal will be tested now that an independent factory has done a solo run. An independent gave in first in 2000 a fortnight before the rest

Any word from the big Three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kk.man

wrangler wrote: »
    Water John wrote: »

There'll be some twist, the rumours about larry controlling the Offal will be tested now that an independent factory has done a solo run. An independent gave in first in 2000 a fortnight before the rest

Any word from the big Three
    I wouldn't put Liffey down as an independent. Mallon is well able to take care of himself. That's if rumours are true, there must be a lot of posturing behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

kk.man wrote: »
    I wouldn't put Liffey down as an independent. Mallon is well able to take care of himself. That's if rumours are true, there must be a lot of posturing behind the scenes.

This deal is looks like a result for farmers , obviously the processors are not going to raise quotes in unison because of competition authority but it does show the power of farmers to flex their muscles in a wildcat format and if the processors don't play ball then the next strike could be terminal for some of them if targeted properly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Setting up a new beef strike thread with a new poll attached. What is a fair base price €/kg for R=3= steer weighing 280-425kg DW from now to the 16th December?

Old thread is here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058001013

Mod note; Remember this thread will be strictly moderated. That means uncivil posters will be taking a 24hr break, then cards will be issued.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Messing around with the factories isn't going to achieve anything. Farmers need to setup a national coop where shares are tied to active farmers only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Just posting this here in the chit chat thread if one of the mods could move it to the new strike thread when it opens thanks

Meat industry Ireland on the radio just now talking about how depressed the beef market is and that's why base price is so low
    YET supermarkets are now out of Irish beef pretty much so there was no glut
    Yet supermarkets prices are a multiple of farm gate price

The absolute untruths being told by factories seems obvious to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any support from Bord Bia?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

YFlyer wrote: »
    Any support from Bord Bia?

No.them boys are too busy going around looking for birdy sh1tes in milking parlors and drawing maps of rat poison stations in crayon.
    Flat out they are.
    Them boxes won’t tick themselves you know

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Time to withdraw the blockades. Allow lads to kill cattle. Regroupe, and return to the factory gates in the spring if the factorys are acting the maggot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

€3.80 base should be bottom line for heifers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Time to withdraw the blockades. Allow lads to kill cattle. Regroupe, and return to the factory gates in the spring if the factorys are acting the maggot again.

Has the big three offered anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Liffey were to meet with protesters today? Anyone know did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

wrangler wrote: »
    Has the big three offered anything yet

Like what? Kepack offered me 70 virgins and a bomb vest for a double

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭mf240

I wouldnt believe the radio in healys house.

Like what? Kepack offered my 70 virgins and a bomb vest for a double

A double vodka?

... and 7up??

Deal!!

Just wondering what the other 69 young ladies are for. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

What would you do with 70 virgins? You've just blown the balls off yourself.
    (It's an old Billy Connolly joke.)

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

We've made top spot on the news!!!

Bad farmers. Bad bad farmers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭High bike

What would you do with 70 virgins? You've just blown the balls off yourself.
    (It's an old Billy Connolly joke.)
    sure u wouldn't have the strength to pull the cord in the vest after 70 of em:D

3 days to cause outright chaos now lads

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Like what? Kepack offered me 70. Virgin. And a bomb vest for a double

Might be more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Robson99

Don't know lads. If 3.75 was being offered for next 6 weeks or do we should have taken it. Lucky that the weather has improved this week or all would be housed here.
    The weanling / store producer will not lose much holding them till early spring if he has to. But finishers will have to move. Will this lead to major agro between ourselves.
    We have not done too bad with bonuses and if 3.75 available. Take it and assess in spring.
    Also it's time to stop acting the bolix with sheep farmers. Let them in with their lambs. That's a different battle and nothing to do with beef. If sheep farmers were stopping beef men we would be pissed off as well

Robson99 wrote: »
    Don't know lads. If 3.75 was being offered for next 6 weeks or do we should have taken it. Lucky that the weather has improved this week or all would be housed here.
    The weanling / store producer will not lose much holding them till early spring if he has to. But finishers will have to move. Will this lead to major agro between ourselves.
    We have not done too bad with bonuses and if 3.75 available. Take it and assess in spring.
    Also it's time to stop acting the bolix with sheep farmers. Let them in with their lambs. That's a different battle and nothing to do with beef. If sheep farmers were stopping beef men we would be pissed off as well
    I'd agree with u if somebody can confirm if the 3.75 has been offered

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Any fella who was manning the pickets shouldnt worry about 3.75.i can hear it now "we re full up for weeks "

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

High bike wrote: »
    I'd agree with u if somebody can confirm if the 3.75 has been offered

Think they offered €375 apiece for a load of cattle, someone just misheard it as €3.75/kg ...!

We're responsible for the destruction of the beef sector now according to our minister. Lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Muckit wrote: »
    We're responsible for the destruction of the beef sector now according to our minister. Lovely
    I doubt he could be any more out of touch and still remain in this universe.
    https://twitter.com/farmersjournal/status/1173695828109733889?s=19

• Advertisement

I doubt he could be any more out of touch and still remain in this universe.
    https://twitter.com/farmersjournal/status/1173695828109733889?s=19
    cheek of the ****er hope the has the balls to go to the ploughing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement