Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Again I'm not going to vote for them, but I think the nazi term is thrown around a bit too liberally these days.

It's now meaningless,when you have goons like ANTIFA and the permantly outraged on social media going around labelling anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi,and then using Brownshirt SA tactics to enforce the point.:rolleyes:
    But do please try it in Germany or Austria.Calling anyone a Nazi over there is a serious criminal offence with jail time.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    It's now meaningless,when you have goons like ANTIFA and the permantly outraged on social media going around labelling anyone who disagrees with them a Nazi,and then using Brownshirt SA tactics to enforce the point.:rolleyes:
    But do please try it in Germany or Austria.Calling anyone a Nazi over there is a serious criminal offence with jail time.

Yeah I'm in Germany regularly, they're a sensitive bunch if you bring up the war, maybe they're sore losers ;)

And yeah, Antifa in Ireland are farts in the wind compared to the ones in Germany, they do love a good marching around in intimidating uniforms with black boots regardless of what side their on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sparks wrote:
    And all of the thousands of climatologists who have been doing that since the middle of the last century have all come to a consensus on this and it's that it's real,
    You are referring to the 97% claim made by most politicians and climate change "pushers"?

That number is not definitive. It was arrived at by two articles and then perpetuated by those seeking to push their climate agenda, however other articles on climate change arrive at lower figure, some much lower (52% consensus).

It has also been, for want of a better word, bastardised by politicians and public figures to highlight the supposed gravity of the current situation. In a 2016 a review of climate studies the author claimed his figure of 97% was arrived at by "climate experts". However his description of those surveyed was re-labelled by political figures as "97% of Scientists" and later by yet more politicians as "97 percent of peer-reviewed climate studies" which seemingly claimed that climate change is happening and that human activity is largely responsible which is simply wrong as the original 2016 review states that the majority of those surveyed/reviewed took no such definitive position.

Other articles come in at 80% and you might ask why 97% is used as 80% is still a high level of consensus, well it's simple. 97% can be "marketed" as an almost total consensus and the remaining 2-3% can be dismissed as cranks, skeptics, outsiders and conspiracy theorists. IOW ignored. However if the level of consensus is lower, such as 80%, well while the number is still high the 20% who disagree cannot be dismissed as easily.

I'd also question the manner in which these surveys are conducted and the figure is reached. Its not one massive and singular survey of all those involved in climatology (using that to cover all areas of the field). Its multiple surveys all with differently posed questions, different formats, different samples and surmised in different ways based on the agenda or bias of those conducting it.

You may say that my comment on bias is "pie in the sky" or conspiracy stuff, but i'd ask you to consider that any person or group whose grant, funding or salary depends on there being a climate emergency which needs constant monitoring may not be so eager to say their field of study, and source of income is a "nothing burger". Governments also can impose taxes based on these findings, and companies (and i mean huge multinationals, not just small mom and pop shops) can sell products all based on there being a real and impending climate emergency.

So there is huge financial aspect to this which cannot be dismissed as the ramblings of a few malcontents.

On a personal note i'm split on the topic, but fall more to the "its being blown out of proportion" side. You mentioned Australia as an example. There is a drought, but there have been droughts for decades. 183 people, according to the police services in Australia, have been arrested with 103 charged with starting the fires. Some were accidental, some malicious and some on purpose but without malice (kids). This coupled with the banning on back burning, clearing of dead brush and trees, etc. have all contributed to the extent of these fires.

The same thing happened in California. Governor Brown, under the guise of green policies, banned logging and clearing of old/dead forested areas. When fires, and some were also started on purpose, did start they very quickly became out of control.

There have also been others programs and narratives which i've seen which while true have been manipulated. One recent one, and it's small but a sign of the deception i've noticed, was by David Attenborough. In this documentary he described and showed a scene of animals dying due to lack of ice. What he did not say was this was the third such instance of this in the last 50 years and the previous ones were due to a ban on hunting leading to a population explosion and not enough resources/room for the much, much larger population. Combined with a low level of ice it lead to this scene. The previous examples of this happening were not mentioned in the program, only the recent one and without the context of the hunting ban and low ice levels.

The scenes of Venice under a metre of water were on our screens late last year. However there are paintings of Venice under the same level of water from the last 150 years.

I'm not an expert on this topic and so rely completely on what is being told to me, however i'm questioning more and more the information we're being given. Since 1970 we've been told the North and South poles will be melted, but they're not. We're told about massive ice loss in the Arctic, however NASA has shown unprecedented ice gains on the other side of the continent (25%) where no measurements are physically taken. glaciers being marked in the 70s are going to be melted by 2020, but today they are still there.

All i've seen from people that are perpetuating these claims (the really public ones, not the actual scientists) is them getting wealthier, and people being taxed more.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

As for openess and transparency...We wont mention what happened to David Belllamy and his career once he dared express the heresay of this being bunkum on the BBC....

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

One of us was saying ,is there anyway to email all campaigners to find out their views on shooting and gunownership? Here you go ..
    https://www.thejournal.ie/election-2020/constituency/46/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Sparks wrote: »
    The Connollys aren't climatologists, and they're not published in a "lowly open source journal", they're hosting their blog post on their own website. The problem with that is that they can write up any old junk and post it there without opposition. If you want to get published in a real journal, your work has to pass review by other people in the field who are independent of both you *and* the journal doing the publication. And all of the thousands of climatologists who have been doing that since the middle of the last century have all come to a consensus on this and it's that it's real, it is happening today, and we're the cause. The IPCC report isn't even what most of them are saying; it's what all of them can agree upon. It's the most conservative opinion in the field. And it always lags behind the latest awful discoveries, like finding that the deep oceans are warmer than we hoped so we have less time, like finding that the methane emissions from the permafrost regions in northern russia are much higher than we hoped so we have less time, like finding that things seem to be accellerating faster than even the more worried people in the field thought they would.
    Ignoring that and hoping that a father and son in Galway manage to find something in other people's data that was missed by a field of tens of thousands of non-idiots for over seventy years? That's beyond daft and into perverse.

Whatever about the Connolly's lowly hosting source - and I neither know nor care - their work stands scrutiny.

You probably heard that some eminent scientists have been suppressed and sidelined for taking the approach central to the pursuit of actual science?

Scepticism.

Take, for example, one William Happer.

The Connolly's know that science has the luxury of time and time will tell.

And the IPCC are not scientists, it's in the name, even - "Intergovernmental".

The temperature record has been "adjusted" by NASA/NOAA, but they keep the raw data available

Had to go off and find this;

Remember the story about the Australian guy who found a cure for ulcers years ago? His work was poo-poo'ed by the orthodoxy for years. Now I see he won a Nobel Prize since (didn't know that).

I'm just using this to show that it takes time to move mountains.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9576387/ns/health-health_care/t/two-australians-win-nobel-prize-medicine/#.XiongS2caT8

You guys can believe what you want, but at least take a healthy dose of common sense when you're doing your research.

I've spent over 25 years on and off working on something I found in electrochemistry and we're still a year or two from publishing anything. And yes, Sparks, I am working with an accredited university.

Edit: Let me tell you about my own experience with a peer-reviewed article from a good journal and a university I held in high esteem. I spent 6 months trying to replicate the work and failed utterly. Then I checked the guy's results and found they were impossible. I had so much faith in peer review and the establishment producing the research that I had complete faith in the work. I knew some exchange students from that uni and they made the rest of us look like thicks.

The guy writing the paper couldn't even add.

And last I heard he's an Assistant Professor somewhere now.

Tried to edit above in effort not to derail, but had to add this instead.

This lovely video (Edit - had to make it an attachment now it's no.1 below ; https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-noaa-analyses-reveal-2019-second-warmest-year-on-record) is based on "homogenised" temp data (see attachments 2&3) and made-up data for the likes of most of Africa (attachment 4 shows no temp stations for vast majority of it up to 1920).

They also chose the period 1951-1980 as a baseline, which happens to be the only period they didn't change much and which, coincidentally, was the coldest period in the time shown.

And don't forget "the Grapes of Wrath" when looking at the US temp data.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

May aswel vote for her if we're voting for the greens too.

EOQAZbMXkAACa2Z.jpg

I see more and more people slating Varadkar because he went down sick since the "debate". Memes of him and drug use are doing the rounds. I said above that whomever gave him advice prior to the "debate" needs sacking. I'm not political, but even i seen obvious and stupid mistakes not least of which was saying, within the first ten minutes, that he'd happily continue a coalition Government with FF.

So basically what was on that night was a chat between the future Tanaiste and Taoiseach.

Based on the hatred and level of anger towards Varadkar and FG, and while it's a small demographic of people and not representative of the entire electorate, i'd be inclined to believe some poll numbers on FG dropping but it concerns me that FF are being viewed as being stronger, a better choice, etc.

I think Sparks said it earlier in the thread that this Government will be some form of FF/Labour/Green or FG/Labour.Green but it infuriating that we always fall back on one of the major two parties.

There must be some way to change people's mindset and start to look at new parties and if none exist then create one and build upon it to make it a serious character in this play of fools. I know how much of a monumental task that is and it won't be near ready for a few elections to come, but its biggest challenge would be changing people' attitudes towards "the unknown".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Cass wrote: »
    There must be some way to change people's mindset and start to look at new parties and if none exist then create one and build upon it to make it a serious character in this play of fools. I know how much of a monumental task that is and it won't be near ready for a few elections to come, but its biggest challenge would be changing people' attitudes towards "the unknown".

I'd absolutely love someone to change come along to change my mind but there is absolutely no credible alternative out there to some sort of FFG mix. And it kills me to say that.

That is my point. People may genuinely be angry and want to vote for someone else, but as this thread shows who is there?

I think i said earlier in the thread that i like Pearse Doherty. However he is one man and not in my district. However i'm not a fan of other SF policies so voting for a SF candidate simply because of the good work of Doherty is a wasted vote.

People in the same situation, like you and i, then end up voting two ways:
    1. Someone we don't know but is not linked to any major party which can in most cases be a wasted vote.
    2. Someone we do know or a "regular", but from one of the major parties which means no change is coming.

In the "debate" Varadkar admitted, albeit with some excuse, that they failed. Martin's party's failures are still evident today so he has no moral high ground to preach from but he also pointed out on the night that promises made by FG in the last election were never implemented.

So we have two parties that are openly lying to us but one will get in if not both in another confidence and supply agreement.

IOW the lines between FF and FG are now so blurred that they appear to be one party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

IOW the lines between FF and FG are now so blurred that they appear to be one party.

To put it eloquently 'two cheeks of the same ar5e'.

A change is coming alright,it seems that some of the so called "right wing" are canvassing well,and Paddy Powers odds on them are dropping,chacters like James Reynolds in the National party Longford /Westmeath has gone from 66/1 to 7/1 of getting elected.IFP,RENUA, NPI all say they are getting a good reaction on their campagins....Now,whether that is a trend or just them talking themselves up, protest votes or people genuinely wanting change or a combo of it all is another question.
    I doubt they will be in in this election,but if the usual FFG/Lab/Green/SF clique dont pull a serious few rabbits out of their collective hats when they are back in power,they will be a serious challenge by 2025 and if not in the Dail by then ,certainly by the end of the next decade.Depending on what happens in the meantime.

As usual,our friends over on ICABS are doing alot of legwork for us in telling us who is pro/anti fieldsports.;)

Those who are anti hunting OUTRIGHT are The Water melons and People before Profit. No surprises there.
    The rest ,it seems to be down to more personal stances,rather than an actual party policy on fieldsports.

https://banbloodsports.wordpress.com/2020/01/08/general-election-2020-candidates-and-animal-cruelty-issues/

Yeeaaahhh............

Hard to reconcile Varadkar refusing to "write a blank cheque" for the elderly and over 200 homeless dying on our streets in the last four years with him presenting ex-Taoisigh with over €300,000 worth of EXTRA benefits per year. Thats on top of the large pension for each office held, TD pension, lump sum, and "back to normal life" payments. The extra benefits include more access to state cars, VIP airline access, a salary for a full time secretary, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Yeeaaahhh............

Hard to reconcile Varadkar refusing to "write a blank cheque" for the elderly and over 200 homeless dying on our streets in the last four years with him presenting ex-Taoisigh with over €300,000 worth of EXTRA benefits per year. Thats on top of the large pension for each office held, TD pension, lump sum, and "back to normal life" payments. The extra benefits include more access to state cars, VIP airline access, a salary for a full time secretary, etc.

The guy is a complete end of a bell. Everytime he opens his big yap he hands the shinners and FF a bigger lead in the polls.

The extra taoiseach benefits sickens me, after reading in todays rag about a homeless woman giving birth in a poxy doorway off Bolton street in Dublin. How can people be so out of touch with reality ?

tudderone wrote: »
    . How can people be so out of touch with reality ?

THAT friend,is one of lifes great mysteries...How politicans globally lose any and all grasp on what is happening from whence they came.One of the inexplicables,like just when you are on the toilet or eating or otherwise engaged,despite 20 hours of silence ,the phone,doorbell,or whatever,demands your immedaite attention.:confused:

Am i getting this completely wrong or is there a rather large increase in support for Sinn Fein? Perhaps its the sources i'm seeing as opposed to a balanced diet of reporting which is practically impossible to come by.

I admire Pearse Doherty, but that should not be taken as support for his party. Their manifesto seems to tick all the right boxes people want to hear, however we've all heard the same promises and i hate Sinn Fein's other policies (mostly regarding hunting, firearms, and shooting in general). Even if its an uptake in their numbers they cannot get a majority and most parties rule them out as coalition partners.

One thing i have seen. Varadkar is not in the least bit qualified to run a campaign. Now i know Pascal "the bike, i'm entitled to it" is the campaign manager for this election but Varadkar is showing each and every time how out of his depth he is when he actually has to campaign as a party leader. Debates, on the streets, meeting people, baby kissing. He is so out of touch with people he cannot relate to them. He shows no empathy and fumbles, a LOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

It seems to me that SF are benefiting alongside FF, as the population signal their intent to remove FG from power.

Having seen what Eoghan Murphy did for the homeless, and Simon Harris did for those in need of health care, with Leo telling everyone what great lads they were, it's not really a surprise that there's a big shift to the left.

We've all seen both the Greens and Labour in Government as junior partners, in times past and both have sold out for their 30 pieces of silver.

SF haven't been seen in Government, have people like Eoin O'Broin, Pearse Doherty etc on their front bench kicking FG and FF a$$ on a regular basis and are probably seen as most likely to deliver on their promises re housing, finance, health care etc.

Watch out for Matt Carty btw, he standing for election as a TD this time around, having been a SF MEP for the last few years. Another very capable guy, from what I've seen of him.

While FF won't want SF as they first choice coalition partner, my bet is they'll do a deal with them if they can't form a "rainbow" coalition with the Greens, Labour and The Republic of Kerry (never leave home without your cap) Party. If FF go back into partnership with FG, they'll be seen as having essentially merged with them, while they also can't risk letting FG get back into power.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

Am i getting this completely wrong or is there a rather large increase in support for Sinn Fein? Perhaps its the sources i'm seeing as opposed to a balanced diet of reporting which is practically impossible to come by.

I admire Pearse Doherty, but that should not be taken as support for his party. Their manifesto seems to tick all the right boxes people want to hear, however we've all heard the same promises and i hate Sinn Fein's other policies (mostly regarding hunting, firearms, and shooting in general). Even if its an uptake in their numbers they cannot get a majority and most parties rule them out as coalition partners.

One thing i have seen. Varadkar is not in the least bit qualified to run a campaign. Now i know Pascal "the bike, i'm entitled to it" is the campaign manager for this election but Varadkar is showing each and every time how out of his depth he is when he actually has to campaign as a party leader. Debates, on the streets, meeting people, baby kissing. He is so out of touch with people he cannot relate to them. He shows no empathy and fumbles, a LOT.

I had the shinners at the door last night canvassing, and they seemed ecstatic, like they already had the election won. I have not been following the polls, but i heard SF were in second place behind FF, with FG lying third.

The melons are growing, so maybe we will get either a FF/Melon or SF/melon coalition ?

I always assumed that Varadkar was appointed by Kenny because he was gay and of Indian descent and not because of his ability. No one else wanted him, even his own party members, and not the public. It was a virtue signalling exercise. But he is making such a mess of things i am wondering if FG are trying to lose the election deliberately ? There is poop coming from the fallout from Brexit, maybe they don't want to be in the driving seat when it hits the fan ?

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

It seems to me that SF are benefiting alongside FF, as the population signal their intent to remove FG from power.

Having seen what Eoghan Murphy did for the homeless, and Simon Harris did for those in need of health care, with Leo telling everyone what great lads they were, it's not really a surprise that there's a big shift to the left.

But is there ? FF absolutely fcuked this country up beyond recognition, making us one of the most indebted countries on earth with the death of the celtic tiger and the bailout. 12 years later and the same band of idiots are the biggest party in Ireland ? It beggars belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

solarwinds wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on the greens to do anything about the environment or nature for that matter. They done SWFA positive the last time they had a bit of power, and now because the whole world is gone green mad, they are been seen seen as some kind of saviour with all the solutions to our problems.

I remember Mary White of the Green Party did a great job writing a green paper 20 years ago on recognising the traveller community as a minority. Travellers should have full access to education (without the responsibility) on higher courses (Law, medicine, accountancy), reserved places in the civil service, reserved places in the Guards. Then there would be places for TD's and Senators (I sugar you not). I laughed at it then as unworkable. If anyone critizes my post then its "hate speech", even if it is true.

These things are coming on line as we speak. Its a UN directive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭garrettod

tudderone wrote: »
    But is there ? FF absolutely fcuked this country up beyond recognition, making us one of the most indebted countries on earth with the death of the celtic tiger and the bailout. 12 years later and the same band of idiots are the biggest party in Ireland ? It beggars belief.

No doubt that they played a part, but there was a lot more than just FF to blame for what went wrong :

- US Banks exposed to sub prime properties triggered an international banking crisis, with a massive withdrawal of funds from the interbank markets, where banks had been lending to each other, as a result. This would have caused Anglo Irish Bank, Irish Nationwide, PTSB, possibly AIB and BoI, and a few others to collapse, had the government not stepped in to save them (don't forget, these banks owed billions to French & German banks, with their respective governments forcing the Irish government to back the Irish Banks, rather than see the German and French Banks take losses of tens of billions, when the Irish banks defaulted).

- Irish Banks were over exposed to property, particularly speculative property development

- The Central Bank failed miserably, as regulator of the Irish Banks.

- The entire nation were property experts, with many of us trying to build houses, or buy additional properties almost anywhere across the globe, often funded with debt that we shouldn't have taken on and couldn't afford to repay.

- We were all paying crazy prices for homes, obsessed with wanting to own our own homes, at any cost, rather than rent from someone else. Again, this was fueled by everyone taking on too much debt, which helped cause the Irish Property Bubble.

- add to the above the fact that just about everyone also went off buying new cars, having lots of holidays, buying designer clothes, eating out in expensive restaurants and saving almost nothing for a rainy day....

And can you really just blame FF for everything that went wrong?

There's no doubt that FF failed badly during that period, but had they not backed the Irish Banks by essentially taking on their debts, what would have happened next? ... The Irish Banks run out of cash and can't borrow anymore, they go bust. You and I can't get money from the ATMs, our credit cards don't work etc. The government can't borrow additional funds on the international bond market because the country is having an economic meltdown, so they run out of money and then can't pay the civil servants, those on social welfare etc.

So, it was ultimately a loose loose situation, IMHO. FF messed up, but so did just about everyone else in Ireland too, unfortunitely.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

The shinners do not want and will not get into power. They are only running 42 candidates IN TOTAL and if all these were elected they still cannot be guaranteed a place in a coalition.

This is all a cynical ploy by the shinners to line their own pockets and guarantee their pensions, and this is why they are making all these outrageous promises like putting the pension back to 65, building 100,000 houses, upping pay for defence forces, knowing that they wont be in power and won't have to fullfill them.

This is why they only ran 42 candidates, and they will be able to say we promised but the other bullies would not let us in to government

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

@ Tony - That is my concern. Haven't been in power so can make hude promises and if by some miracle they get in it will be some form of coalition which means they can blame the majority party for "not allowing" them to keep their election promises.

garrettod wrote: »
    - US Banks exposed to sub prime properties triggered an international banking crisis,

- Irish Banks were over exposed to property, particularly speculative property development
    I'm not even close to a financial person but to the best of my understanding both of those, the US in particular, had banks hiding their bad loans among a good portfolio, and in the case of the Irish banks hiding bad debt/loans by borrowing between banks too.

Also there was a separation between commercial banking and personal banking (excuse me if i'm using the wrong terminology). IOW banks could go bust gambling on markets and investing in developments, businesses, etc. and your mortgage, car loans, and savings wouldn't be touched. However that separation was removed.

Also the fractional-reserve banking system is dangerous. They lend money they don't have which can lead to a run on the bank and the bank failing. Now the non existing money turns into worthless "IOUs", people panic and take their actual money out, etc. which leads to deflation which is where we find ourselves now. Lower wages, lower prices being paid on goods, but mortgages, rents, etc. all staying or quickly returning to pre-bust times.

Again excuse the ignorance on some terms. I'm not financially minded and only remember a small portion of the articles i've read over the years on the subject.

Your point on people and their borrowings and the role of the financial regulator is spot on, i believe, but i think the outrage from people comes not from the amount we have to pay back (that was going to happen, and did regardless) it was the fact that not one person has been held responsible from the banking world.

Bankers and politicians were complicit in this and the stuff that has come out since 2009 regarding Noonan, his role, his lies, the bank tax free status, personal dealings between bankers and politicians, and frankly the outright corruption of all those involved but still no one has been held to account.

The Shinner promises sound like Comrade Corybns Labour party in the last election .Free stuff for everyone.But we have no clue on how to pay for this without draining the country of brains and money by taxing any poor sod making over 150K PA.
    No,all of these parties are not offering anything,new innovative,or realistic n sorting out problems in any way shape or form. Meantime ,we are two days from going over the Brexit waterfall...And who is in charge?Whats happening with this??Seems to have dropped completely off the news.

We really like to be abused in Ireland dont we?
    We are like a very violent domestic abuse family.We get batterd for 5 years,by the political parties of FFG,Lab,or whoever else plays the part of the drunken pal in for the craic.We keep falling for the same ol sob stories of empty promises of change or election promises of the sun ,moon and stars,and keep beliving in change.Within days we are back to being batterd about the house again,and claiming we walked into a door in the dark,or fell downstairs?But we wont leave them because this time it will be different,where in fact we are scared of the unknown outside this known Hell?
    Isnt it about time we just take the frying pan to the abusers head,and tell them all to fuk off,and never darken our door again,while tossing their clothes and stuff out the bedroom window?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    The Shinner promises sound like Comrade Corybns Labour party in the last election .Free stuff for everyone.But we have no clue on how to pay for this without draining the country of brains and money by taxing any poor sod making over 150K PA.
    No,all of these parties are not offering anything,new innovative,or realistic n sorting out problems in any way shape or form. Meantime ,we are two days from going over the Brexit waterfall...And who is in charge?Whats happening with this??Seems to have dropped completely off the news.

I am just old enough to remember the late 1970's and the lunacy that was "The winter of discontent" and the mayhem it brought, even here. Young people don't though and swallow the "everything for free and a four day week" line. Same in America, 20 years ago being called a marxist or a trot or a communist in America was akin to being called a kiddy fiddler or worse, now the college kids think Bernie Saunders is great.

Varadkar could not leave the Brexit thing alone either, offering nothing but provocation. Although i would think a lot of that was the likes of Verhofstat using him as a puppet to beat the British with.

Advertisement