Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Birdsong, sunshine, dog sleeping in the sunshine and just enjoying this beautiful weather :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,487 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I decided to try duck breasts for the first time ever, currently sitting in the oven after a quick pan fry. Smells delicious, here's hoping it tastes delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

Being a mod on a Facebook group :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I heard a Russian poet/short story writer (Daniil Kharms) mentioned on the podcast I was listening to recently so I checked him out, and reading his quirky, absurd little stories has been putting a smile of my face. Look!! --> :D

Here's an example:

Symphony no. 2
    Anton Mikhailovich spat, said "yuck", spat again, said "yuck" again, spat again, said "yuck" again and left. To Hell with him. Instead, let me tell about Ilya Pavlovich.

Ilya Pavlovich was born in 1893 in Constantinople. When he was still a boy, they moved to St. Petersburg, and there he graduated from the German School on Kirchnaya Street. Then he worked in some shop; then he did something else; and when the Revolution began, he emigrated. Well, to Hell with him. Instead, let me tell about Anna Ignatievna.

But it is not so easy to tell about Anna Ignatievna. Firstly, I know almost nothing about her, and secondly, I have just fallen of my chair, and have forgotten what I was about to say. So let me instead tell about myself.

I am tall, fairly intelligent; I dress prudently and tastefully; I don't drink, I don't bet on horses, but I like ladies. And ladies don't mind me. They like when I go out with them. Serafima Izmaylovna have invited me home several times, and Zinaida Yakovlevna also said that she was always glad to see me. But I was involved in a funny incident with Marina Petrovna, which I would like to tell about. A quite ordinary thing, but rather amusing. Because of me, Marina Petrovna lost all her hair - got bald like a baby's bottom. It happened like this: Once I went over to visit Marina Petrovna, and bang! she lost all her hair. And that was that.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

They were interviewing kids on the radio asking them what they are most excited about going back to school today and two of them said 'ehhh maths.' Yea right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I overheard two men meeting each other on the street. How are you doing? one said. ****ing ****e says yer man. Well I had to admire his honesty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My neighbour's dog slipped his lead in a park close to a busy road, she was in a state and spent all morning running between the house and the park.
    when she got back, the dog had already let himself in through the dog flap and was had eaten his breakfast. Needless to say, they were both thrilled.

Dog had to cross at least three roads and walk unmolested across two green stretches and that doesn't even count the potential dangers on the paths.

TH they both ok and its still a safe area for dogs who get out on their own.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

That weather is just gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Waking up every morning makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Teaching my 11 year old kid to play poker on an online app and seeing him scorch some adult with pocket rockets, with a straight.

Beautiful big full moon in a clear sky last night.
    Hopefully we get more of the same tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My sons bIrthday yesterday and i resisted the donuts and the KFC. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I spent 5 hours trying to fix an issue with my PC. I finally found the problem and fixed it. I didn't think I'd ever sort this thing out. My god the relief...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I ordered some of the special offer Lindt gold bunnies posted in the Bargain Alerts forum. They arrived but 2 were broken so I can't give them as presents, will have to eat them myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got my hearing aid today.Will have to get the other one sorted now.

Now i have to talk to people help��

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Got chips at the chipper. First time in months and months. Wonderful.
    Next week I'm getting fish AND chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The warmth of a cup of coffee in your hand, outside on a cold day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

When something you don't really want to do is CANCELLED :)

I've just discovered the joy of thanking a post you hate: somebody having a go at you for instance, so that you can then have the pleasure of removing your thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

YoshiSays wrote:
    When something you don't really want to do is CANCELLED

This is the best feeling ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

When you've scoffed a whole bag of something, Malteasers, Wine Gums, Haribo, whatever and you slap your hand down disappointedly on the empty bag, only to discover there's still one left. The absolute joys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Telling my 82 year old Da that he is getting the vaccine Saturday week, he was thrilled, his face reminded me of a child on Christmas morning.
    He'd nearly walk the 5 miles on his own to get there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

4Ad wrote:
    Telling my 82 year old Da that he is getting the vaccine Saturday week, he was thrilled, his face reminded me of a child on Christmas morning. He'd nearly walk the 5 miles on his own to get there !

This post makes me happy. Delighted for you and your Da.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeah amazing.

Here it is in motion..

https://youtu.be/Oe6zrkQwJMw

Wow !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow !

I could watch that a thousand times on repeat. Nature is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Vodka and tonic,watching snowpiercer on Netflix

I could watch that a thousand times on repeat. Nature is amazing.

Just shared it with my family. Amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hearing about yer fella who thought he added his dad ( Peter) to the family WhatsApp. Instead it was a plumber who did some work for years before. Peter the plumber was opening and reading everything and never said a word :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Reaching a high number of steps. Sure what else is there to do at the moment than walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Totally mesmerising.
    Yet we still individually allow our nonsensical dairy consumption's pollution to threaten its majesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking for some sources to use in my year-end project for uni.
    First try I found 3! and they lead me to 2 more.

TH, half of the number of sources I need found in one place!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I know it's a couple of years old but this tweet still makes me smile

https://twitter.com/Mike_Batt/status/1061200234104176642

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Realising that vaccine as two c's won't be spelling that wrong again. Thank you covid19!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Mowed the lawn for the first time this year.

A long overdue clearout of the shed finished.

A nice leisurely walk with the dog on a sunny day.

All done and it's not even 2 o clock yet!

Time for a cup of tea. I'm easily pleased!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Neames wrote: »
    Mowed the lawn for the first time this year.

A long overdue clearout of the shed finished.

A nice leisurely walk with the dog on a sunny day.

All done and it's not even 2 o clock yet!

Time for a cup of tea. I'm easily pleased!

Getting weekend jobs / chores done early is a great feeling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TH1: I finally got around to go to the recycling centre.

TH2: On the way back, I stopped to get my shopping, then

TH3: I decided to pop into my favourite Indian restaurant and ordered my usual to take away. I hadn't been in there in months. The really nice owners in kitchen know me well, I'm infamous for always order the same thing. Always. As in, I must have ordered something different only twice in the 15 years I've been going there. Anyway, there was a new girl at the till, so I placed my usual order and told her I was going to be back in 10-15 mins. Grand. When I got back to collect my order, I discovered that they had included poppadoms and sauces, which are usually included if you eat in, but you have to order them separately if you order a take-away. I bet they recognised me from my order. :) It made me really happy, such a kind gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

We spent all day cleaning the house. Now we are broken in pieces but it means... Tomorrow we have to do nothing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kisses from my Alfie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Cleaned my bedroom this evening. Burnt a lovely candle too.
    So now I'm lying on my bed with a book, on fresh bed sheets and a nice scent in the air.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sipping tea in bed, looking out of the window, waiting for what looks like will be a beautiful sunrise in twenty minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This friendly little one wanted to come away with me today.
    I think it thought I was it's mother.
    Well it kept calling me ma anyway :pac:

Screenshot-20210309-133224.jpg

A day I thought I'd spend working and juggling other stuff and being stressed to all get out has turned into a day where I've nothing to do but drink tea, eat buns and pray the baby has a long nap.

So far so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Got sent a video clip of youngest granddaughter,2,going to bed blowing kisses and saying bye bye , new word for her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm pretty sure my Mam has a thing for Ronaldo going on a while now. She calls him 'Ricardo'.
    'He is one ape, so conceited, see the state of him being sent off. And all that money!'.
    I was like, he donates millions to charities and came from nothing, he isn't that bad and is an amazing athlete.
    'Well I can tell you, I can't stand the sight of him'.
    'What time is that match on again tonight, I want to see him making a fool of himself'.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement