Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International travel this summer.. I need me holidays..

Options

Comments

colly10 wrote: »
    So they fine a 6 month old :)
    Think i’ll just fly from belfast

Its actually illegal to fly from there at the moment without a valid reason and when it is according to Borris you will need 2 pcr tests so 2 to 300 per person extra
    Also if your destination gets onto a red list,you'll have to get back quick or you will be quarantining in England if its via belfast and england you went with an Irish home address
    Its not simple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Its actually illegal to fly from there at the moment without a valid reason and when it is according to Borris you will need 2 pcr tests so 2 to 300 per person extra
    Also if your destination gets onto a red list,you'll have to get back quick or you will be quarantining in England if its via belfast and england you went with an Irish home address
    Its not simple

Its far from complicated. Only someone listening to too much RTE believes that!

gardai are barely there and there are so many reasons for travel, you'd be silly to get fined. Yes, the PCR tests add up but worth it

If you happen to be lucky
    I certainly wouldnt be advising risking a fine at the moment especially with a family in tow
    Even on single tickets your return can be recorded
    Regardless Id imagine things will have improved by August and fines will be gone
    Not giving them a present of it myself in the meantime but hey ho,each to their own,you take your own risks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

gardai are barely there and there are so many reasons for travel, you'd be silly to get fined. Yes, the PCR tests add up but worth it

They’re rarely in Dublin airport? If so they’ll be there even less in June/July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YoshiReturns

We're all goin' on a summer holiday
    No more workin' for a week or two
    Fun and laughter on a summer holiday
    No more worries for me or you
    For a week or two

Spreading covid variant p1 and p2
    To me and you
    In a week or two
    Sad, but true
    What will we do?
    Just more worry for me and you.

(edit)
    Sorry! That tune just came into my head. :)
    I need a ... holiday !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Bit pricy but Seychelles are open for business :)
    https://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/africa-indian-ocean/seychelles-to-fully-open-borders-march-25-regardless-vaccination-status
    Once people who live there are vaccinated, tourists welcome (regardless of vaccinated status)

I would go back in a heartbeat.....paradise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I live in hope. As soon as we are vaccinated we will book something, even if its just 4/5 days away for myself and the hubby. I dont care where just to get on a flight and leave Ireland to some sunshine and nice food and wine. We have both booked some time off in December in hope of taking the trip we had to cancel last year with the kids. So fingers crossed. But its an activity based trip so only prepared to go if all aspects are open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Blut2

colly10 wrote: »
    Is the 2k fine for flying out or just for not doing quarantine?
    Will the 2k fine remain when we’re not at level 5?
    Are the gards still hanging round the airport?

The gardai have checkpoints on the roads into the airport at various times, and sometimes an officer at the security checkpoint. Both just ask you where you're going, and if you give a response that meets one of the many legal reasons to travel they wave you on instantly.
    The following are ”reasonable excuses” for travelling to a port or airport for the purposes of travelling abroad as set out in the Health Act 1947 (Section 31A – Temporary Restrictions) COVID-19) (No 10)(Amendment)(No 2) Regulations 2021 as amended:

To go to college or school if you have to be there in person
    To go with a child or a vulnerable adult to school if they have to be there in person
    To work or travel related to your business
    To go to a medical or dental appointment, or to go to an appointment with someone you live with, or a vulnerable person
    To seek essential medical, health or dental services, or to accompany someone you live with, or a vulnerable person who needs essential treatment
    To care for a family member or for other vital family reasons
    To go to a funeral
    To meet a legal obligation (for example, to appear in court)
    To give access to a child to the other parent of the child, or to access a child that you have a right of access to
    To leave Ireland if you are not resident in Ireland

So if you're going to a funeral, or a medical appointment or any of the above(or just claim to be...) you're fine. No problems at all.

The only people getting fined are ones who're thick enough to tell the gardai they're going on holiday and/or who try to argue their right to travel without an excuse with them.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/travelling_abroad_during_covid.html

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Florence last Summer.
    Paris last Autumn

Barcelona next August :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Michael Martin today has said they will examine travel mid July and Ireland cant stay closed forever.

I think they will open travel fully from September - with many people vaccinated by then and young families (with unvaccinated children) will be out of the holiday equation as they will be back at school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Jizique

McSween wrote: »
    Michael Martin today has said they will examine travel mid July and Ireland cant stay closed forever.

I think they will open travel fully from September - with many people vaccinated by then and young families (with unvaccinated children) will be out of the holiday equation as they will be back at school.

Typical - we closed the economy to save the elderly and we will reopen it to suit the elderly on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The gov have 6 weeks after the Eu green passport thing goes live to allow foreign travel or face eu questioning and sanctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

I'm getting nearer booking some where in the canery islands for October, feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes- I would tend to agree with this line of thinking. I think it will be September at the earliest.
    McSween wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

johnire wrote: »
    Yes- I would tend to agree with this line of thinking. I think it will be September at the earliest.

Under EU law it now has to be allowed no later than mid July.

Vaccine, negative test or proof of having recivered recently from covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

People will go no matter what, so it ll interesting to see what happens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

100% going even if ive to go on my own i wouldnt care, just to get the fcuk away from this constant scaremongeting and misery for a week would be bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

100% going even if ive to go on my own i wouldnt care, just to get the fcuk away from this constant scaremongeting and misery for a week would be bliss.

you mean one of the lowest incident rates in Europe?
    the only scaremongering and misery as far as I can see are those on boards and other platforms by people who cannot accept restrictions for public health reasons

you mean one of the lowest incident rates in Europe?
    the only scaremongering and misery as far as I can see are those on boards and other platforms by people who cannot accept restrictions for public health reasons

spoken like a well oiled pro government shill, well done you.:pac::rolleyes:

enjoy staying at home!!

spoken like a well oiled pro government shill, well done you.:pac::rolleyes:

enjoy staying at home!!

Thanks for the name calling.

Never voted fg or ff in my life
    I'm well able to spot common sense though.

We'll enjoy our holidays wherever we end up going
    And we both leave the house everyday for work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can see EU travel fully opened by July, US by August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I can see EU travel fully opened by July, US by August.

Positivity !

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Looking at Florida for Halloween break, from maybe mid October. With wife and 3 kids. Am I stone mad or have I any chance. Thoughts please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Looking at Florida for Halloween break, from maybe mid October. With wife and 3 kids. Am I stone mad or have I any chance. Thoughts please

The chink in the armour is the kids.
    Highly unlikely to be vaccinated by then. I

d expect negative covid tests will still be required by then to fly. You could get stuck across the pond for a while if one of them picked up covid out there.
    Im looking at February and am wary of booking it for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

As it stands you can't enter America if you've been in Ireland in the past 14 days, with very limited exceptions. They thought Biden would change that very quickly, 100 days later it still stands. Stone mad to consider US until that's lifted for starters. Secondly Florida is currently ranked 39/50 when it comes to vaccine administration in the US. Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My fear would be catching the virus abroad and then trying to get back to Ireland, the airline will likely not allow anyone fly who tests positive. I would have concerns if this happened where you would then stay when in Florida while you isolate, hopefully travel insurance can factor something in for these cases, after all even those vaccinated can test positive.

Thanks for the name calling.

Never voted fg or ff in my life
    I'm well able to spot common sense though.

We'll enjoy our holidays wherever we end up going
    And we both leave the house everyday for work

well arent you liucky to still have a job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Positivity !

At this moment in time, I think negativity (or vaccination) is preferable :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

well arent you liucky to still have a job

We're frontline workers so yes, you're lucky we are here to do our jobs

• Advertisement

We're frontline workers so yes, you're lucky we are here to do our jobs

GOLD STARS FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement