Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International travel this summer.. I need me holidays..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'd love to go abroad but wouldn't dream of doing it until we are vaccinated.

Not worth risk of getting ill while abroad. I'd prefer to take my chances in Ireland which at least has a health system that's coping relatively OK at the moment.

I don't know what's going to happen though for families like us with children. No vaccine approved for kids at moment so don't know were that will leave us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Absolutely no problem going abroad and i look forward to it vaccinated or not, i done it last year and ill do it again this year, you've as much chance getting Covid in Tesco as you have travelling, ive taken more than 2 dozen flights since March 2020 and no problems whatsoever,the scaremongering surrounding travel is cringeworthy at this stage.

I refuse to live my life in fear, but again everyones different and each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

appledrop wrote: »
    I'd love to go abroad but wouldn't dream of doing it until we are vaccinated.

Not worth risk of getting ill while abroad. I'd prefer to take my chances in Ireland which at least has a health system that's coping relatively OK at the moment.

I don't know what's going to happen though for families like us with children. No vaccine approved for kids at moment so don't know were that will leave us.

yeah if you're at risk you shouldn't go.

if you're not at risk then... you can work out your own chances - it's not that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Absolutely no problem going abroad and i look forward to it vaccinated or not, i done it last year and ill do it again this year, you've as much chance getting Covid in Tesco as you have travelling, ive taken more than 2 dozen flights since March 2020 and no problems whatsoever,the scaremongering surrounding travel is cringeworthy at this stage.

I refuse to live my life in fear, but again everyones different and each to their own.

im not judging here im genuinely interested.

so youve travelled out of the country 2 dozen times on non essential travel?did you pay a fine and or quarantine everytime?

12 return trips when Dublin air traffic is down 90%+
    Thats one a month
    Do you mind me asking where?
    I'd like to go abroad too and hope to once Ive had my 2nd vaccine shot
    Pitfalls are the expense of missing flights and having to do extra tests as the 72hrs is up
    Easy happen as its really only 48hrs after the result,tight if you have connections
    Also if you fail one,then its extra days away,extra hotel stays and possibly no insurance

Does anyone know,would you still have to do a pcr test if you are fully vaccinated with this green cert?

• Advertisement

timeToLive wrote: »
    yeah if you're at risk you shouldn't go.

if you're not at risk then... you can work out your own chances - it's not that hard

No we are not at risk but just wouldn't chance it.

Not clear what situation is re insurance if you got Covid.

I'm always amazed at the number of people who travel abroad without insurance even during normal times.

Unfortunately people do have accidents/ get sick when abroad and you'd be mad to travel without insurance.

Did you have insurance to cover you if you got sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I smell a bluffer from DessieJames

Said earlier he was dying to get away from the constant scaremongering and misery for a week yet has already gotten away from it by traveling over 24 flights since March 2020, even if work related flights...

Don't think this thread is for you Dessie

im not judging here im genuinely interested.

so youve travelled out of the country 2 dozen times on non essential travel?did you pay a fine and or quarantine everytime?

ha :D well put it this way i was hardly out and about as there was nothing open her eor anywhere to go so i didnt come into contact with anyone while i was abroad or here.

12 return trips when Dublin air traffic is down 90%+
    Thats one a month
    Do you mind me asking where?
    I'd like to go abroad too and hope to once Ive had my 2nd vaccine shot
    Pitfalls are the expense of missing flights and having to do extra tests as the 72hrs is up
    Easy happen as its really only 48hrs after the result,tight if you have connections
    Also if you fail one,then its extra days away,extra hotel stays and possibly no insurance

Does anyone know,would you still have to do a pcr test if you are fully vaccinated with this green cert?

vast majority of the flgihts i took were to England.

One was when i flew to Italy on holidays last year.

never any tests required or anything of the sort.

• Advertisement

LarryBird wrote: »
    Okay Mr. Mitty

Thanks Larry for the thought provoking intelligent response.

DuffleBag wrote: »
    I smell a bluffer from DessieJames

Said earlier he was dying to get away from the constant scaremongering and misery for a week yet has already gotten away from it by traveling over 24 flights since March 2020, even if work related flights...

Don't think this thread is for you Dessie

ah here, dont be making an absolute fool of yourself here which you clearly are doing, yes ive taken numerous flighs to England, but thats only short trips, getting away from it all entails going to somewhwere hot like Spain.

Do you usually not have the capabilities to read between the lines :rolleyes::D

appledrop wrote: »
    Did you have insurance to cover you if you got sick?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

ah here, dont be making an absolute fool of yourself here which you clearly are doing, yes ive taken numerous flighs to England, but thats only short trips, getting away from it all entails going to somewhwere hot like Spain.

Do you usually not have the capabilities to read between the lines :rolleyes::D

Yeah yeah. Gway ya bluffer. Nobody is listening to ya anymore. Best you get away from Boards if things are that bad.

Yeah yeah. Gway ya bluffer. Nobody is listening to ya anymore. Best you get away from Boards if things are that bad.

stop will you, you came out with an ridicalous assumption and your digging a hole for yourself now,admit it :p

Don't worry unlike some i dont spend every single day on here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Why?
    Not uncommon for service and installation people to fly twice or three times a month to various sites.

Some of the lads in work are still flying around Europe regularly to service equipment, they're on hazard pay due to COVID though.

How would you not need tests?

bubblypop wrote: »
    How would you not need tests?

You dont need to take a test if you fly from Dublin to the UK.

When i flew to Italy at that time last year you didnt need to take one either.

You dont need to take a test if you fly from Dublin to the UK.

When i flew to Italy at that time last year you didnt need to take one either.

What about coming back?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

You need a negative pcr test on flights into this country since jan 16th including England

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Thanks Larry for the thought provoking intelligent response.

Pot kettle black

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You absolute spoofer DessieJame - well and truly busted because you didn't even do basic research about test requirements entering Ireland.

Away with ya and knuckle down, leaving cert will be here shortly :pac:

You need a negative pcr test on flights into this country since jan 16th including England

yes i never said otherwise, i always flew back via Belfast.

Just ignoring restrictions isn't the same as not needing them.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    You absolute spoofer DessieJame - well and truly busted because you didn't even do basic research about test requirements entering Ireland.

Away with ya and knuckle down, leaving cert will be here shortly :pac:

what are you going on about show me where i have "spoofed" im 100% fully aware of the requirements regarding travel, you do NOT need to take a test if you are travelling from Dublin to the UK, i repeat NOT.

Coming back you do, i almost always travelled back via Belfast,so show me clear evidence that i have "spoofed" you cant because your imagining things and making a compete and utter fool of yourself, the only flight ive taken since March 2020 back to Dublin was from Italy last summer when no test was required at that time and you just had to complete a passenger locator form ,and no one contacted me,every other flight i took was back via Belfast Intl or City airports.

Jesus there really are some absolute lunatics on this forum :eek:

i suppose you'll say the below is fake news and all :rolleyes:

sometimes you really have to spell it out for people :rolleyes:

When you do not need to provide a negative coronavirus test
    You do not need a test if you’re travelling:

within the UK, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey
    from Ireland
    from Ascension, Falkland Islands or St Helena

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk

Poor Mojo maker, scarlet for ya :D:D:D:D:D

All arrivals into Ireland must have a negative test and fill out a passenger locator form. You are then supposed to mandatory quarantine in your own home.
    Unless you are an exempted person.
    Just because you didn't bother doing them, just means you broke the laws.

bubblypop wrote: »
    All arrivals into Ireland must have a negative test and fill out a passenger locator form. You are then supposed to mandatory quarantine in your own home.
    Unless you are an exempted person.
    Just because you didn't bother doing them, just means you broke the laws.

yes im fully aware of this, hence why i travel back via Belfast like so many others

• Advertisement

yes im fully aware of this, hence why i travel back via Belfast like so many others

Yes, so you just broke the laws, so I'm not sure why you're on here bragging about it?
    Sure we can all break laws.
    Are you trying to encourage others to do that?

Most people however, in a time of a pandemic will abide by the health restrictions, because they want it to be over sooner rather then later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement