Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International travel this summer.. I need me holidays..

Options

Comments

Fine is not enough. Revoke passports at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

JayReale wrote: »
    People here have been asked to do a lot of stuff during this pandemic, some of which make zero sense from a virus suppression perspective (5km limits for example.). Just because 'the experts' ask us to do something doesn't mean we cannot ignore their requests and instead use our own judgement and make our own risk-based decisions.

I get what you are saying and yes people can make their own risk based decisions but its the consequences of those actions on others Im talking about.

Person A goes abroad, contracts Covid has no effects and is even unaware they havw it, goes home and infects a number of others on the plane, airport, the local Aldi...the list could go on.

Also those willing to drive to Belfast to fly off somewhere as the fine is lower are most likely not going to bother their ar*e quarantining either on their return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Fine is not enough. Revoke passports at the airport

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

I’m sitting on the fence on people travelling.

People who stick their fingers up at Government advice and penalties. Good for you.

People who abide by Government advice and stay at home. Good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wocmedia

Hi

Been looking to get my Coach Hire business off the ground but it's not happening with this covid stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I get what you are saying and yes people can make their own risk based decisions but its the consequences of those actions on others Im talking about.

Person A goes abroad, contracts Covid has no effects and is even unaware they havw it, goes home and infects a number of others on the plane, airport, the local Aldi...the list could go on.

Also those willing to drive to Belfast to fly off somewhere as the fine is lower are most likely not going to bother their ar*e quarantining either on their return

What airlines are allowing people to fly without a negative PCR test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Bunch of selfish *****

Do you know of any good irish bars for Paddy's day around los cristianos, tenerife? Live music and guinness on draft a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

I agree that the above could be an issue if someone is travelling to a hotspot like Brasil or South Africa. However,, does it really matter if someone holidays domestically or abroad if their 'abroad' option is a European country with comparable CV-19 infection rates and virus strains as ourselves? I don't really see where the perceived additional risk lies in this latter scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭The Davestator

JayReale wrote: »

I agree that the above could be an issue if someone is travelling to a hotspot like Brasil or South Africa. However,, does it really matter if someone holidays domestically or abroad if their 'abroad' option is a European country with comparable CV-19 infection rates and virus strains as ourselves? I don't really see where the perceived additional risk lies in this latter scenario.

Exactly. And the person travelling has a negative test which people who are not travelling don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Why would it be a wind up?

People have been asked not to travel, people here are discussing travelling and openly accepting whatever fine may be received etc

Its selfish and exactly how the different variants have been spread.

Can we please just give opinions on international travel rather than getting into an argument over who's right or wrong? If people want to argue over covid lockdown there is probably another forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

Makes me laugh to read about people planning their jollies for "the summer".It won't happen and Michael will keep advertising to wind people up.Think about November at the very earliest or take your bags on the ferry and then get a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭The Davestator

beachhead wrote: »
    Makes me laugh to read about people planning their jollies for "the summer".It won't happen and Michael will keep advertising to wind people up.Think about November at the very earliest or take your bags on the ferry and then get a flight.

Makes me laugh when people are too petrified to live their lives in a safe manner but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrsmac2599

What exactly happens at Dublin Airport, are checkpoints outside or inside the Airport?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

100% going, i went last year and ill be going again, ill be ignoring the scareomngering and lies, ill go for longer this time only went for a short break alst year, anything to get the hell pit of this cesspit for a week.

Why would it be a wind up?

People have been asked not to travel, people here are discussing travelling and openly accepting whatever fine may be received etc

Its selfish and exactly how the different variants have been spread.

Are you an FFG apologist :rolleyes:
    you feel free to stay in lockdown all you want, the vast majority of people have had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Are you an FFG apologist :rolleyes:
    you feel free to stay in lockdown all you want, the vast majority of people have had enough.

Vast majority of people will stay in Ireland. Airlines already said flights will be dropped as demand very low!!

I say our flight will be cancelled also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Vast majority of people will stay in Ireland. Airlines already said flights will be dropped as demand very low!!

Can you share the link to where they said that please?

i doubt it, people will go away on their droves this summer,those who didnt last year wont be staying in the rain in this country in some rip off hotel,i certainly wont be anyway July or August ill be sunning myself by the pool with a cold beer in hand and singlasses on,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭McSween

i doubt it, people will go away on their droves this summer,those who didnt last year wont be staying in the rain in this country in some rip off hotel,i certainly wont be anyway July or August ill be sunning myself by the pool with a cold beer in hand and singlasses on,.

Theyd also say ‘this is great value,’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

If you write it out enough times it might actually come true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have deferred and deferred a week in Spain originally booked for Jan 2020, then May 2020, May 2021 and now hoping to get going Oct 2021.
    Won't go if the govt. advisory is not to, but hoping vaccinations etc. will make it possible.
    Already have a severe Vit D deficiency due to a number of conditions, but dread to think what a blood test now would show.
    Fingers crossed for October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

At what stage last year did the travel agents start cancelling holidays?

Our campsite in France is using a "peace of mind" deal for this year where we cancel if needs be.

Was talking to a sales rep today about ours and she said alot of Irish has cancelled already or decided not to come. Holding out for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

spurious wrote: »
    Have deferred and deferred a week in Spain originally booked for Jan 2020, then May 2020, May 2021 and now hoping to get going Oct 2021.
    Won't go if the govt. advisory is not to, but hoping vaccinations etc. will make it possible.
    Already have a severe Vit D deficiency due to a number of conditions, but dread to think what a blood test now would show.

You won’t be going in 2022 not to mind 2021 if you are going to wait for the travel advisory to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

Why didn't you go in January 2020? Also you can buy oral vitamin d. Hope you get away in October

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

If you write it out enough times it might actually come true

Have booked 3 foreign holidays this year starting August Bank Holiday.

Couldn't give a toss what the government say..if the flight is on....myself and the family are going

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You won’t be going in 2022 not to mind 2021 if you are going to wait for the travel advisory to change.

Even if vaccinated? Home bound for a year here and alone for the last couple of months. Getting close to being a health issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Even if vaccinated? Home bound for a year here and alone for the last couple of months. Getting close to being a health issue.

You can still carry the virus after vaccination meaning there are risks associated with travel so it's not like a magic button to reopen travel.

Nobody knows when, and to what extent, non-essential international travel will be permitted

• Advertisement

Moragle wrote:
    Why didn't you go in January 2020? Also you can buy oral vitamin d. Hope you get away in October

Sorry that should have said booked IN Jan 2020. I have to get additional prescription levels of Vit D. The tablets don't hit the sides. Last doses were 25000iu in a little bottle - liquid that smelled like farmyard. Vile stuff.

Have to stay positive about going in Oct..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement