Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hammeron Frazier

Grayson wrote: »
    It can be both.

And I know people get fed up with the term racist but I think "I'd punch anyone who looks middle eastern" is pretty racist too.

I agree to a degree, if somebody is serious about their dislike of different ethnicities then yes, but if somebody is just trying to make a bad joke then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Rory28 wrote:
    So we should speak of murderers with respect now?
    Pac1Man wrote:
    You don't think calling a murderer f-ing scum is warranted?

I think that there are statements being made more because of the nationality involved than the act committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I think that there are statements being made more because of the nationality involved than the act committed.

I think you are quick to jump to conclusions based of one emotionally charged post.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Oh, so the two guys knew each other.

They came together by circumstance. Same place, same time, same MO you'd presume (catch a taxi home while half cut). Unfortunatelly drunken scuffles happen. The guy in Dundalk at 9am, though? Not really the same scenario is it? Then factor in the two other people stabbed. Defo not the same scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hammeron Frazier

Still think that?

So expressing your contempt for a murderer should not be allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

kaymin wrote: »

Why do you say the DoJ has no responsibility for influencing politicians (minister for justice specifically) to tighten up loopholes in laws? Please provide some facts since you have repeated this assertion 'three' times already!

Do you extend this rationale to advice in general- the minister for justice does not take advice from DoJ personnel? What a ridiculous notion you have of how things work

Speaking of ridiculous notions...the DoJ has a responsibility to report systemic flaws and offer possible solutions, they do not, nor should they have, responsibility to influence elected representatives and legislation. I've explained the difference to you four times. I'll let you figure it out yourself now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Omackeral wrote: »
    They came together by circumstance. Same place, same time, same MO you'd presume (catch a taxi home while half cut). Unfortunatelly drunken scuffles happen. The guy in Dundalk at 9am, though? Not really the same scenario is it? Then factor in the two other people stabbed. Defo not the same scenario.

Do you know how many people have been killed or seriously injured in Ireland by attacks or one punch assaults by random strangers, when there's no drink involved? Are you still trying to argue against this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Still think that?

This really sums it up. Theres a certain type of mindset which is more concerned about the feelings of the murderer here (presumably because he is brown) than with preventing these killings. Its like a sickness.

Still think that?

How is that hatred? We wants a murdering scumbag from overseas fcuked out of the country?!!? Are people not entitled to have bad things to say about actual murderers who kill people for nothing! Good God/Allah almighty, we're through the looking glass here people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This really sums it up. Theres a certain type of mindset which is more concerned about the feelings of the murderer here (presumably because he is brown) than with preventing these killings. Its like a sickness.

It’s disgusting to see. One young man dead, another two in hospital and posters worried about the feelings of the man that did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

The Saudi's don't want any refugees because why? They don't want to have to deal with the terrorists that will come in with them, that's an official statement.

Another thing the Saudi's had been doing for the past few years was offering convicted criminals in their prisons the option of being released and sent to Syria to fight for ISIS. What the logic was behind this policy was escapes me.

Maybe because they call them “Arab brothers and sisters in distress”. Having visited a number of power plants in Saudi last year for work, I can assure you they are present, mostly outside big cities and strickly controlled enviroments and living with rules such as, they have to attend school, work, adhere to local laws....... The Saudis do not adhere to "1951 UN Convention/1967 Protocol, the 1969 OAU Convention, in accordance with the UNHCR Statute"

Do you know how many people have been killed or seriously injured in Ireland by attacks or one punch assaults by random strangers, when there's no drink involved? Are you still trying to argue against this?

Whats your point? Just because there is random violence in our society we should tolerate imported planned terrorist killings is it?

Whats your point? Just because there is random violence in our society we should tolerate imported planned terrorist killings is it?

Ok, yeah, for those with short attentions spans, that's my point if it makes life easy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭kaymin

Speaking of ridiculous notions...the DoJ has a responsibility to report systemic flaws and offer possible solutions, they do not, nor should they have, responsibility to influence elected representatives and legislation. I've explained the difference to you four times. I'll let you figure it out yourself now.

Well you're being pedantic in the extreme. The minister for justice is a politician afterall. If that's the quality of discussion you want to engage in then I'm finished replying to you.

Ok, yeah, for those with short attentions spans, that's my point if it makes life easy for you.

Well what is your point?

Rory28 wrote: »
    Well what is your point?

If you had read any of the posts I replied to you it would be obvious, I even reiterated it at one point. It was implied that an attack for 'no reason' or randomly is a terrorist attack. It's not. It's that simple.

Whats your point then? All I see is you rattling on with whataboutism and absurd comparisons to drunken gob****es arguing over a taxi.

You're hard work. Assaults and punches are unfortunately part of today's society. Scuffles happen. I'm sure the majority of one punch assaulters aren't trying to kill people (they're still scum btw). A fella taking a fcuking knife onto the streets of a major town and butchering three people on a rush hour morning, killing one, is a bit different. If you don't see that, we've nothing else to discuss.

Omackeral wrote:
    How is that hatred? We wants a murdering scumbag from overseas fcuked out of the country?!!? Are people not entitled to have bad things to say about actual murderers who kill people for nothing! Good God/Allah almighty, we're through the looking glass here people.

It’s disgusting to see. One young man dead, another two in hospital and players worried about the feelings of the man that did it.

This was a horrific attack. By a horrific person. That's obvious.

I'm trying to counter the runaway train of jumping to conclusions about events and nationalities.

But hey, if it makes people feel it helps the victims to vent then, so be it.

As I pointed out earlier, there were stabbings in at least 3 counties in the last week but I feel a large reason this thread is so busy is because of the opportunity to get some things off of some chests.

I've zero sympathy for the perpetrator.

If you had read any of the posts I replied to you it would be obvious, I even reiterated it at one point. It was implied that an attack for 'no reason' or randomly is a terrorist attack. It's not. It's that simple.

You can surely see why people would draw the conclusion of terrorist attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

The Saudi's don't want any refugees because why? They don't want to have to deal with the terrorists that will come in with them, that's an official statement.

The Saudi's take the view they want to err on the side of caution so they will not let anyone in. In the West we take the view that we don't want to disadvantage peaceful immigrants. So we are willing to accept the few that will cause problems. I suppose there is an argument to be made for both positions. Personally i think the safety of our existing citizens take precedence over anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Well you're being pedantic in the extreme. The minister for justice is a politician afterall. If that's the quality of discussion you want to engage in then I'm finished replying to you.

Not being pedantic. My definition of the word 'influence' is obviously different to yours, that's all.

Now the poxy SJW can STFU about tolerance and give them a chance This was terrerist related the Guards have confirmed

So what's your solution?

This was a horrific attack. By a horrific person. That's obvious.

I'm trying to counter the runaway train of jumping to conclusions about events and nationalities.

But hey, if it makes people feel it helps the victims to vent then, so be it.

As I pointed out earlier, there were stabbings in at least 3 counties in the last week but I feel a large reason this thread is so busy is because of the opportunity to get some things off of some chests.

I've zero sympathy for the perpetrator.

Yeah, if this were a one-off you'd have a point. Islamic violence in France started small scale too, look where we are now.

Now the poxy SJW can STFU about tolerance and give them a chance
    This was terrerist related the Guards have confirmed

Guards have confirmed that terrorism is one line of inquiry. Motives remain unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Awful to see this scourge in Ireland of all places. Time for a serious rethink of our approach to immigration it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

This was terrorist related the Guards have confirmed

But then they won't be able to make out they are morally superior, more intelligent and better than all those they label as "racists and bigots".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Source please? Latest I have suggests it is simply one "line of inquiry".

Rory28 wrote: »
    Guards have confirmed that terrorism is one line of inquiry. Motives remain unclear.

Hopefully he's just a nutcase and this is not indicative of an upcoming trend. I'd love to be wrong on this tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

where have they confirmed it? The latest garda release says it is a line of enquiry but they dont know what the motivation was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement