Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Hopefully he's just a nutcase and this is not indicative of an upcoming trend. I'd love to be wrong on this tbh.

Me too but I doubt it. If it looks like a duck and all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

where have they confirmed it? The latest garda release says it is a line of enquiry but they dont know what the motivation was.

They haven't.

It's one poster spreading BS.

Like of enquiry apparently is enough for people now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Source please? Latest I have suggests it is simply one "line of inquiry".

I don't think there is a source. Just The SUN saying cops have confirmed it is a line of inquiry.
    RTE don't mention terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭kaymin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If you had read any of the posts I replied to you it would be obvious, I even reiterated it at one point. It was implied that an attack for 'no reason' or randomly is a terrorist attack. It's not. It's that simple.

It really is a nothing argument you're making. My original comment was made in the context of this incident. You seem to have difficulty considering points made in context

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So what's your solution?

First of all, did he said he had a solution? He said that Guards have confirmed something (still waiting on that though) .

Secondly, why should a poster on here have to have a solution for whatever this is?

And lastly, any solution he were to give would probably be written off as racist anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0103/930792-dundalk-death/
    At a press briefing this afternoon, Chief Supt Mangan confirmed that the 18-year-old had been in contact with gardaí from the Immigration Section two days ago in relation to a possible application for residency in Ireland

Gas, you can just arrive in Ireland after being refused leave too remain in another EU country and give the Garda a shout about your legal status when you get here. Such security.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This was terrerist related the Guards have confirmed

A very sad day for this country after what this island went through we had had enough and now it's on the streets again

A very sad day for this country after what this island went through we had had enough and now it's on the streets again

This Is also false?

The guards have confirmed nothing of the sort!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,317 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

bennyl10 wrote: »
    This Is also false?

The guards have confirmed nothing of the sort!!

Benny stop trying to deflect and distract.

It’s not cool and it’s not clever on a day like today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lads and maybe some of the Dundalk locals can add to this, taking the info from the RTE website:

Approx. 09:00 attack on the Avenue Road
    Makes sense for someone on walking time wise
    Approx 09:32 attack on the Coes Road (National Tile)
    Then however
    Approx 09:40 attack Seatown Place

Surely 8 minutes by foot is putting in a good speed. I would have said a walk down the Bypass and up Barrack St, to the Windmill corner. would be at least 10-12 minutes. Am I thinking wrong or do these times not add up??

Furthermore (didnt catch the full press conference), didnt they say he was arrested on the Coes Road, did he go back down Barrack St???

Grew up in the area but havent been back in a while and am trying to put it together in my own head how it could work......

• Advertisement

Awful to see this scourge in Ireland of all places. Time for a serious rethink of our approach to immigration it seems.

Irish people stab Irish people every damn day?
    Why does one violent incident, of which nothing motive wise if confirmed, suddenly mean we need a 'serious rethink'?

You'd swear we didn't have a murder every second day here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Benny stop trying to deflect and distract.

It’s not cool and it’s not clever on a day like today

Stop using facts?

Nowhere has this been confirmed as a terror incident?
    Absolutely nowhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Binzer

Young single Muslim men with high testosterone levels and plenty of anger coming to a country that loves alcohol, dogs and eating piggies.....what could possibly go wrong????
    It’s only the relatively low levels of these immigrants that has delayed the first attack, you only have to look at Sweden and Germany to see what happens as numbers increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Why does one violent incident, of which nothing motive wise if confirmed, suddenly mean we need a 'serious rethink'?

Thats grand so, maybe you can give the Japanese lads folks a shout and tell them that

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lads and maybe some of the Dundalk locals can add to this, taking the info from the RTE website:

Then however

Surely 8 minutes by foot is putting in a good speed. I would have said a walk down the Bypass and up Barrack St, to the Windmill corner. would be at least 10-12 minutes. Am I thinking wrong or do these times not add up??

Furthermore (didnt catch the full press conference), didnt they say he was arrested on the Coes Road, did he go back down Barrack St???

Grew up in the area but havent been back in a while and am trying to put it together in my own head how it could work......
    I walk that way every few days with the dog.. No way is it 20 mins.
    10 mins from roundabout to the Quay lights is the max. Faster if you were running obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So the tale of two immigrants.

By all accounts one was Japan and going to work, contributing to his host nation only to be stabbed in the back in a totally unprovoked attack that led to his death.

And the other is a young man from North Africa/Middle East and believed to be a failed asylum seeker in Europe.

Funny how so many failed asylum seekers from a certain shared ideology always resort to trying to slaughter innocent people in the countries they want to stay in.

And yet we will have the usual suspects demanding that we view all immigrants and would be immigrants the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Omackeral wrote:
    Secondly, why should a poster on here have to have a solution for whatever this is?

Sorry, I misunderstood discussions were exchanging of ideas. My bad.
    Omackeral wrote:
    And lastly, any solution he were to give would probably be written off as racist anyway.

Not if it wasn't.

Binzer wrote: »
    Young single Muslim men with high testosterone levels and plenty of anger coming to a country that loves alcohol, dogs and eating piggies.....what could possibly go wrong????
    It’s only the relatively low levels of these immigrants that has delayed the first attack, you only have to look at Sweden and Germany to see what happens as numbers increase.
    No proof he's Muslim,assumed sure. But so what? There are thousands of muslims here?

There's been other stabbing a and murders this week by Irish people, why is this different? It's a criminal murder, horrific, but not any different then the others.

Ah yes, he's an immigrant, sure it's different rhen?!

Sorry, I misunderstood discussions were exchanging of ideas. My bad.

Not if it wasn't.

Do you have a solution? or do even think we need one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

ebbsy wrote: »
    And I bet that man came into the country properly and was of good character, unlike that ****ing scum from Egypt who should have been pushed back across the sea on the tyre that he came from before he stabbed that poor man.

Yeah, there's no hatred going on here. :rolleyes:

No proof he's Muslim,
    No proof he's angry.

There's been other stabbing a and murders this week by Irish people, why is this different? It's a criminal murder, horrific, but not any different then the others.

The randomness of it. The others while horrible were crimes of passion.

Then however

As I said earlier in the thread, I went for a spin, they had the Avenue Road closed, two areas (one either side of National Tile) on the bypass cordoned off, nothing in Seatown.

Google maps reckons about 13 minutes from National Tile to Seatown Place: https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/National+Tile+Ltd+-+Dundalk,+Coes+Rd,+Marshes+Lower,+Dundalk,+Co.+Louth/seatown+place/@54.0028456,-6.3894262,16.25z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4860cc27afa27e4f:0xc9cc9355b432a5c1!2m2!1d-6.380674!2d54.000738!1m5!1m1!1s0x4860ce9f74e6926d:0x471da40242b18e16!2m2!1d-6.391834!2d54.005274!3e2

It's a good thing this guy was retarded and took the route he took at the time he took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

So what's your solution?

A solution is very difficult. But we could stop tip toeing around issues that are considered politically incorrect for a start.

Reasonable people know full well that the vast majority of people who are Muslim are good, ordinary human beings who want a happy life. The people of Iran, Egypt, Morocco, Syria, Afghanistan etc have pretty much the exact same desires as the people of Ireland, there is a lot of cool stuff going on in those countries, especially in youth culture, and they deserve a break from the hellish circumstances that history has forced upon them. They are our noble fellow beings.

There is a problem however with the teachings coming out of fundamentalist Islam - the mad mullahs despise infidels, homosexuals, women, and teach thus. Young vulnerable under-educated and impoverished people, especially those accustomed to cultures that emphasise machismo seem particularly vulnerable to these dreadful religious ideologies, which guarantee them a sense of meaning in a world which offers them little. We need to state publicly and emphatically that any such forms of fundamentalist islam will not be tolerated here.

What we could do as a starter is stop saying that Islam across the board is the religion of peace, because patently not ALL Islam is the religion of peace. We need to be precise and stop worrying about being labeled racists if we challenge the Medieval style Islam that sometimes follows migrating populations as is seen presently in Europe.

We can try and root out any extremist teachers here, online or in any meeting places. We can ensure that we enshrine our countries Civil law as being unassailable by any attempts at soft Shariah law in our communities.

We can push for integration of Islamic communities into Irish society, whereby religion is a domestic issue for the home, subject to nation state regulations such as those regarding FGM for example, rather than having this laissez-faire multiculturalist dream which is simply not compatible with a liberal, secular, progressive society such as Europe has evolved into after hard centuries of its own dark ages.

I am very sad to hear of the death of this poor man from Japan, and of the assaults upon the other two people. It must have been absolutely terrifying for them. Condolences to the dead man's loved ones. Tragic news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

pilly wrote: »
    Yeah, there's no hatred going on here. :rolleyes:

How do you want him to describe someone whose just stabbed a young guy to death? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I'm sure if it was some white nationalist who killed a random black lad in an apparent racist attack you'd have a different outlook. The motivation is key here. RIP to the victim.

Thats grand so, maybe you can give the Japanese lads folks a shout and tell them that

It's awful, murder shouldn't happen.

But the murderers origin, when we have no motive yet, makes it nothing more than just a murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Is it really a rampage when only 1 dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

No proof he's Muslim,assumed sure. But so what? There are thousands of muslims here?

Yeah you keep your head in the sand and keep chanting “it’s not a trrrorist attack and he wasn’t a migrant or a Muslim” that will work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hopefully he's just a nutcase and this is not indicative of an upcoming trend. I'd love to be wrong on this tbh.

Taking Europe as a whole, it is an established trend, perpetrated by nutcases. Only we see Ireland as any different, those with radicalised objectives do not, just 400 million infidels insulting Allah with our every action.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement