Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/dvnjr/status/1109270576336683008?s=21

What a superb photo. Click into it for maximum effect.

That one could be iconic in a few years time!

Zions vertical is just insane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Morant is EXACTLY what the Bulls need. The ideal player in a position of huge need.

Fingers crossed we can get the slice of lottery luck to land him.

Unfortunately he's also exactly the player that Phoenix needs as well so we're going to need some luck with the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unfortunately he's also exactly the player that Phoenix needs as well so we're going to need some luck with the draw.

Yup.

I think whoever ends up #1 will take Zion (us included) and whoever ends up #2 will take Morant, regardless of need. Anyone picking outside the top 2 has no shot at him.

If we finish outside the top 3 and subsequently end up with no shot of Zion, Morant or Barrett it’ll be a disaster.

Watch us get pick #4 now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Darius Garland could be a good back up for the Bulls if they miss out on Morant. I really like the look of him from what I've seen, shame he got injured so early. Morant is nuts, to go from unnoticed to likely a lock for a top 3 pick in the draft in less than two years is amazing. That dunk the other night was unreal, very DRose like.

Cam Reddish had another off night for Duke...can't even call it an off night, he's been pretty poor with a while. He's falling from top 3-top 5 to maybe outside top 10. I think the Hawks might take a gamble though with their two high picks. If he clicks it together I believe he could the best of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Morrison J wrote: »
    And here I was thinking Harden might get some credit on this thread for a change! That was an amazing performance and might put him back in the lead of the MVP race.

I have not been a fan of Harden since he became a starter. My reason for it has always been as good as he was offensively, his defence was soooo bad.
    Whilst he is never going to be a great defender he has made improvements there.
    Offensively he is continuing to grow and he is simply a scoring beast. I cannot see anyone getting MVP over him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

A formality at this stage but the Lakers are now officially out of playoff contention, I'm not sure a single person legitimately saw this coming at the start of the season.

Yes and no, I think everyone probably thought they could get in but I always thought it was going to be pretty tough for them, I think the whole LA drama is over stated, let’s talk about it after 2 seasons at least

I’ve seen LeBron as a producer on some show, I think he is definitely branching out, I know he always has but probably now more than ever, one eye on retirement I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched the Duke and UCF game , brilliant viewing. I only really watched it to have a good look at Zion and Barrett but it turned out to be a great game, that Duke should really have lost at the end. They got 2 slices of look at both ends of the floor over the closing seconds.

UCF had this lad at centre

ap-uconn-ucf-basketball-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

7 foot 6 , great to dunk, but not that much use for his size other wise unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

UCF got their own luck on plays towards the end too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Ive enjoyed looking at that a few times looking at different perspectives.

The other players, all kind of walk away when he lets go.

Raptors relax.

Every spectators hands go to head.

Unreal play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

2smiggy wrote: »
    watched the Duke and UCF game , brilliant viewing. I only really watched it to have a good look at Zion and Barrett but it turned out to be a great game, that Duke should really have lost at the end. They got 2 slices of look at both ends of the floor over the closing seconds.

UCF had this lad at centre

ap-uconn-ucf-basketball-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

7 foot 6 , great to dunk, but not that much use for his size other wise unfortunately

As raw as they get but he's not Shawn Bradley, he has a decent physique and athleticism so he'll be a productive NBA player imo.
    Pretty poor man's Gobert. Who knows perhaps the Moreys of the world will see value in a the monster big men again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,530 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is all I'll ever think about when I see Tacko Fall

giphy.gif

kmart6 wrote: »
    UCF got their own luck on plays towards the end too.

They really did, that call on the shot clock expiry was dodgy as (I don't think it hit the rim at all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Reddish had a lovely clean block called on too, forcing them to bench him for a while. Thought things cancelled each other out pretty much.

The game was nuts. I absolutely abhor players like Tacko Fall tbh and I doubt he makes it to the NBA however it made for good entertainment. That lad Dawkins has something about him, could be a bit of a steal to be honest.

https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1110281683083898880?s=21

Has Kyrie played back in Cleveland at all since he left?

Angliru wrote: »
    Reddish had a lovely clean block called on too, forcing them to bench him for a while. Thought things cancelled each other out pretty much.

The game was nuts. I absolutely abhor players like Tacko Fall tbh and I doubt he makes it to the NBA however it made for good entertainment. That lad Dawkins has something about him, could be a bit of a steal to be honest.

Dawkins had an excellent game.
    Not every team has a 7'6 wall to leave under the basket, i'd say Duke glad to get the W and get on with playing normal sized teams again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,530 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jusuf Nurkic goes down with a Hayward-esque injury in 2OT vs the Nets in a game in which he had 32/16/5/4/2. Portland clinch a playoff spot but the season could well be over now, he's been the team's third if not second best player all year, not to mention McCollum is still out for at least 4 more games, potentially until the playoffs, no idea how fit he'll be on return.

If the video pops up on your timeline or something don't watch it, it's horrendous, don't even listen to the audio.

EDIT: Seems more like the Paul George injury than Hayward's, which is about as good as it gets with something this gruesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The video isn't that bad, the injury is contained so wouldn't call it gruesome: https://streamable.com/gi5ta

There are no word's for the ref in the clip, showing no care or awareness to an injured player

I don't think anyone does interactive info-graphics better than 538

Nice one for remaining Sweet 16

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-march-madness-predictions/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH Tacko Fall doesn't seem like he cares about the NBA much.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,129 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You “abhor” players like Tacko Fall? Why!?

He’ll get drafted for certain btw unless his body gives out beforehand:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5f5FzWgkpQg

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You “abhor” players like Tacko Fall? Why!?

He’ll get drafted for certain btw unless his body gives out beforehand:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5f5FzWgkpQg

I thought the same as I said. The only reason why I'd be hesitant to say he's 100% getting drafted is that he's 23 and I very much maintain if a player knows he's going to get drafted he would have entered already.

That said, I do think he'll get picked up in the 2nd round. His performance vs Zion was enough for an NBA team to realise he has enough NBA value even as a prop to play against the commercial monster that Zion will become.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orlando at Miami tonight is absolutely huge for them both.

Orlando could leapfrog them to 8th with a win, and they're on a five game winning streak currently.

Haven't been this excited by the Magic since 1995, and even if they do make the playoffs, they'll likely get destroyed.

Orlando at Miami tonight is absolutely huge for them both.

Orlando could leapfrog them to 8th with a win, and they're on a five game winning streak currently.

Haven't been this excited by the Magic since 1995, and even if they do make the playoffs, they'll likely get destroyed.

I'd love to see Orlando make it. Big fan of Issac, I think he has great upside. I thought he was the 3rd best player in his draft -above Tatum :rolleyes: - so I'm hopeful he'll be very good.

That said I am a big fan of Elfrid Payton and they let him go for nothing so I don't have tons of sympathy. He'll remain an NBA starter imo, a better version of Rubio is on the horizon for him.

There's not been much to enjoy as a Lakers fan but Lance doing Lance things is always fun:

His celebration is the best, like Jerzy Dudek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Watch out for Charlotte, Kemba all sorts of motivated. If it makes the All NBA team he's eligible for a SuperMax

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Just announced Bucks V Charlotte for NBA Paris game in January.

Wonder does this mean no London game this time?

Id like to see Giannis again.

• Advertisement

STOP WINNING GAMES CHICAGO FFS! :pac:

Come now Paully, let's start giving Pax some credit. I'm pretty sure I knew 3 players who took to the court for the Bulls last night.
    He's trying to get you there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement