Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyone else pre-order? Thinking of getting the Note 10 standard from Harvey Norman @ 969.

Cheaper in Three. Will come factory unlocked at 899.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

dan786 wrote: »
    Cheaper in Three. Will come factory unlocked at 899.

Is that guaranteed? DID Electrical are saying their models are single - sim not dual - sim. I didn't think there was a single - sim model.

rizzee wrote: »
    Is that guaranteed? DID Electrical are saying their models are single - sim not dual - sim. I didn't think there was a single - sim model.

Every Samsung phone I have bought from Three at launch in last 4 years has come factory unlocked.

There are certain single sim models.

You have guaranteed dual sim option from Amazon at 869£, still cheaper than HN if using Revolut etc.

Every Samsung phone I have bought from Three at launch in last 4 years has come factory unlocked.

There are certain single sim models.

You have guaranteed dual sim option from Amazon at 869£, still cheaper than HN if using Revolut etc.

Still a small chance it could be locked.

My S6 Edge+ was branded (3 splash screen when booting) but unlocked.

Note 8 SIM locked to 3, no branding.

Note 9 unlocked, no branding.

All purchased on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

The 5G is single sim.

Expandable Memory & SIM Card
    Galaxy Note10 | Note10 5G
    Single SIM 5G model

One Nano SIM
    Dual SIM model

One Nano SIM and one Nano SIM
    Galaxy Note10+ | Note10+ 5G
    Single SIM 5G model

One Nano SIM and one microSD slot (up to 1TB)
    Dual SIM model (Hybrid SIM slot)

One Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one microSD slot (up to 1TB)

*Hybrid SIM tray available only on Galaxy Note10+ LTE model.

*SIM card sold separately. Availability of dual SIM may vary depending on country or carrier.
    *MicroSD card sold separately. Availability may vary depending on country and manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Where'd u see that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I ordered the 5G version from Amazon, when I looked at it first it was dual sim now, it's single sim, very annoying as I was finally going to combine my work and personal phones.

Clareman wrote: »
    I ordered the 5G version from Amazon, when I looked at it first it was dual sim now, it's single sim, very annoying as I was finally going to combine my work and personal phones.

Same here, although with the may my work phone has been the last few days having it seperate is handy... dont feel as bad when I chuck it out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I wonder if we can take advantage of this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=17525141031&pf_rd_p=f3d830a9-4865-47c6-bdc7-fe659f47662f&pf_rd_s
    It says UK bank accounts but I have a revolut account with a UK IBAN.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can take advantage of this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=17525141031&pf_rd_p=f3d830a9-4865-47c6-bdc7-fe659f47662f&pf_rd_s
    It says UK bank accounts but I have a revolut account with a UK IBAN.

Was posted a few pages back. Should be possible using parcel motel or similar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Samsung are usually very good at matching UK deals in Ireland, I'd be surprised if they didn't honour it

Clareman wrote: »
    Samsung are usually very good at matching UK deals in Ireland, I'd be surprised if they didn't honour it
    I'll let you know.

I didn't trade in a phone. Not seeing any offers or freebies for that option.
    Not impressed

Anyone ordering from amazon using parcel motel? I was getting it sent to my home address and the delivery was estimated for the 27-29th.
    Switched to PM and it's down for delivery on Fri, all going well it should be ready for collection on Sat afternoon.

unklerosco wrote: »
    Anyone ordering from amazon using parcel motel? I was getting it sent to my home address and the delivery was estimated for the 27-29th.
    Switched to PM and it's down for delivery on Fri, all going well it should be ready for collection on Sat afternoon.
    I ordered from amazon for direct to home delivery (Note 10+ 5g). It's still showing an estimated delivery of the 27th to 29th of August.

unklerosco wrote: »

They cant do release day delivery to Ireland. Its UK only.

If using PM definitely buy the highest liability before its delivered to them. Lots of expensive stuff going missing nowadays especially phones. Hopefully you get it, if its goes missing it can take 2-3 months to get a payout.

Personally I would just wait extra 2-3 days and get it delivered direct.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Have never ordered a phone from Amazon before, so can someone humour me a little.

If it -says- my order will be delivered by the 29th can i be pretty sure i won't get a 'surprise' notice saying they're waiting on stock?

Will it be delivered by AnPost or a courier service?

They cant do release day delivery to Ireland. Its UK only.

If using PM definitely buy the highest liability before its delivered to them. Lots of expensive stuff going missing nowadays especially phones. Hopefully you get it, if its goes missing it can take 2-3 months to get a payout.

Personally I would just wait extra 2-3 days and get it delivered direct.

Parcel Motel's insurance is a business within a business...

I too would suggest getting it delivered direct.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Have never ordered a phone from Amazon before, so can someone humour me a little.

If it -says- my order will be delivered by the 29th can i be pretty sure i won't get a 'surprise' notice saying they're waiting on stock?

Well I've not ordered a phone before but I've had updates on other types of pre orders and orders that came after the original expected shipping and delivery dates. In other words nothing is guaranteed, things can change.

No one can guarantee that, even Amazon CS cant. I say a retailer like Amazon should get good level of stock in.

An Post do the delivery for Prime orders.

• Advertisement

Amazon are out of stock now for the phone I ordered, AFAIK they have a certain stock and they are allowed release it when the launch day is nearby

Samsung UK email.
    Case has shipped, Note still showing as preparing

markad1 wrote: »
    Samsung UK email.
    Case has shipped, Note still showing as preparing
    I'm very confident that everytime I click the "Track Package" button on my amazon order it pushes that green line a little further closer to dispatched...no really I swear it!

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I'm very confident that everytime I click the "Track Package" button on my amazon order it pushes that green line a little further closer to dispatched...no really I swear it!

I hear you, I ordered a tablet as well and that's not available until the 30th,I'm ****ting it that they won't ship the phone till the tablet is available

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Only two days left.

Can't wait for the delivery date to be replaced by "we don't know when your order will be filled".

Only two days left.

Can't wait for the delivery date to be replaced by "we don't know when your order will be filled".
    khaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note 10+ 5G has shipped.
    Please Parcel Motel don't mess it up

markad1 wrote: »
    Note 10+ 5G has shipped.
    Please Parcel Motel don't mess it up
    Was that from Amazon or direct from Samsung?

Samsung UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Did anyone order from Samsung Ireland? wondering when they will dispatch.

Advertisement