Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thinkt he only difference is you can't put a memory card in the dual sim version. I had the 8, 9 and now 10+ and I think the upgrade from 8 to 10+ is worth it but not a huge amount, Mrs. Clareman is using my 8 and any time I use it I can't say I notice much of a difference if any.

For dual sim, I think you can just get a tray and use that without impacting your warranty in case you are worried about warranty
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note10-N975F-DS-SD-DUAL-SIM-Card-Tray-Holder-Aura-BLACK/223706171318?hash=item3415ed47b6:g:S80AAOSwFuFdpQZ9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hi all,

How are people getting on with their Note 10+'s?

I'm thinking of upgrading from a Note 8, I really like the phone and there's nothing wrong with it but I want something dual sim.

I see the Note 10+ has a dual sim model - can anyone tell me the difference between the regular Note 10+ version and the dual sim version?

Also, what is the deal with the likes of warranty etc if I buy from Eglobal? Do I have any comeback if I get a dud device? I normally pay full price to Vodafone or a high street brand for the piece of mind but I don't think I can walk into a bricks and mortar phone shop here and buy the Note 10+ Dual sim?

Having last owner a note when it was the note 4 and coming from an S10 i love the note 10+. Best phone I've had really. Screen on its own is worth it and i love Dex. I have a 5g so no hybrid/dual SIM. I wanted to future proof my device. 4g note 10+ is hybrid/dual SIM in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭kellyj77

Hi, apologies if I cannot do here and feel free to delete post, but my mother won an unlocked galaxy note 10 in virgin mobile. Its unopened. She has no interest in keeping it and looking to sell. Virgin said they would happily confirm it was won in their store. PM me if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Thanks for the replies guys. Looking at the prices of the 10+, I can see on carphone warehouse that it's €1120 whereas on adverts, you can get them brand new and sealed from independent phone shops or sellers who have good ratings for around €870. That's a big difference in price - I'm just wondering if anyone has bought from the guys on Adverts and if there is a risk with buying there instead of from a 'main stream' shop such as carphone warehouse or harvey norman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

gctest50 wrote: »

I got an update today on my note but not on my s10, it was a small update about 12mb and mentioned fingerprint and something else, i was on a conference call at the time and wasn't paying attention just clicked update.

Thanks for the replies guys. Looking at the prices of the 10+, I can see on carphone warehouse that it's €1120 whereas on adverts, you can get them brand new and sealed from independent phone shops or sellers who have good ratings for around €870. That's a big difference in price - I'm just wondering if anyone has bought from the guys on Adverts and if there is a risk with buying there instead of from a 'main stream' shop such as carphone warehouse or harvey norman?

You're paying a lot for service, buy in a mainstream shop and you are going to be able to drop the phone back anytime you want and the phone is registered brand new in Ireland. Buy from "private" sellers you don't know where the phone is coming from but 9/10 it's fine but for €250 your taking a 10/1 shot on a €1120 phone.

Personally I'd be a lot more comfortable in buying a second hand phone with a receipt from a shop that a brand new phone from adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Hello All... wondering as anyone seen 5G yet on Vodafone? I got the 10+ 5G from Amazon and Vodafone did switch me on for 5G but yet to see it show on the phone. I know it is limited coverage so far but reading today about Eir switching it on in Dublin and I am yet to see it on Vodafone. I've been in city centre and Sandyford etc, but no 5G showing yet.

Thanks, Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I haven't seen it yet either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I bought my Mate 20 Pro in a shop on Liffey St (original ad was on adverts) and it's just under a year old and no issues to date. It was in a sealed box and I have a receipt. A lot of the shops advertise on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

All I want to say is that the battery life is amazing...and so is the super fast recharge :eek:

Hello All... wondering as anyone seen 5G yet on Vodafone? I got the 10+ 5G from Amazon and Vodafone did switch me on for 5G but yet to see it show on the phone. I know it is limited coverage so far but reading today about Eir switching it on in Dublin and I am yet to see it on Vodafone. I've been in city centre and Sandyford etc, but no 5G showing yet.

Thanks, Paddy

I spent about 2 hours onto Vodafone trying to get it enabled, eventually they told me that because I was on a business account I'd have to wait for the contact to end before I got get 5G enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Can anyone recommend a decent, cheapish, screen protector that will actually stick to the screen?

...cause i am having trouble finding one that doesn't start lifting after a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ChopShop wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent, cheapish, screen protector that will actually stick to the screen?

...cause i am having trouble finding one that doesn't start lifting after a few days.

Cheap & decent don't belong in the same sentence. I tried a few cheapies on different curved screen Samsungs and found them all poor. I got this one and it was delivered today. Didn't fit yet but it looks the business.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VL12MWQ?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone know it's the S10 plus or Note 10 from Vodafone are sim free versions? Is there is any bloat wear on them?
    If I was to buy sim free. The S10 plus and S10 5g are similar price. Which is the better buy? Esp if I was to keep it a couple of years. I was thinking the 5g model would hold its value better?

If you are buying from a network you can be guaranteed it'll be network locked with bloatware, sometime at launch they dont have time to do it so you get lucky. It's easy to get it network unlocked and the bloatware can be gotten rid of with either an app or a flash.

As to whether to get the 10 or plus, there's a substantial size difference so check out which 1 you prefer, personally I think it's madness to get a phone worth about a grand without 5g, it might be available now or next year but 5G will be like 4G within the lifetime of the phone so if it's not that expensive get the 5G, if you're in doubt just think when would have been the last timd you'd have bought a phone without 4G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I bought the Note 10+ from Virgin and it is unlocked, no bloatware. I am tied in for 2 years though. Afaik all of their phones are unlocked

Just got my Nov 1st security update. I've never had a Samsung device (sim free exynos 10+ 5G) get updates so quickly.

Clareman wrote: »
    If you are buying from a network you can be guaranteed it'll be network locked with bloatware, sometime at launch they dont have time to do it so you get lucky. It's easy to get it network unlocked and the bloatware can be gotten rid of with either an app or a flash.

As to whether to get the 10 or plus, there's a substantial size difference so check out which 1 you prefer, personally I think it's madness to get a phone worth about a grand without 5g, it might be available now or next year but 5G will be like 4G within the lifetime of the phone so if it's not that expensive get the 5G, if you're in doubt just think when would have been the last timd you'd have bought a phone without 4G

Yea I think I'll opt for the S10 5g. At 670 and the same price as the 10 plus it's future proofing. Plus larger battery and 25w charging. Enough memory that I don't need to worry about an SD card and I'm not that bothered about a headphone jack.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Just got my Nov 1st security update. I've never had a Samsung device (sim free exynos 10+ 5G) get updates so quickly.

I got it aswell, same day update worries me a bit but I'm extremely impressed it's available so quickly

• Advertisement

1jcdub wrote: »
    Yea I think I'll opt for the S10 5g. At 670 and the same price as the 10 plus it's future proofing. Plus larger battery and 25w charging. Enough memory that I don't need to worry about an SD card and I'm not that bothered about a headphone jack.

I never took the charger out of the box for my note, I have a duo fast wireless charger next to my bed that does all my charging needs, I recently had to stay overnight somewhere and it was an awful chore to have to lift up the phone to check the time, first world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dots104

Hope you dont mind me asking. Looking at the s10 myself. Just wondering where your getting it for that price?

I got it aswell, same day update worries me a bit but I'm extremely impressed it's available so quickly

I don't think Google have even published any security updates later than October 6th, so maybe they just name it that way to make it seem newer?

Got myself a S10 5g today. Liking it so far.
    Anyone get the one UI beta 2.0? Checked the members app and noting showing so far

Got myself a S10 5g today. Liking it so far.
    Anyone get the one UI beta 2.0? Checked the members app and noting showing so far
    No beta planned for Ireland I'm afraid.

No beta planned for Ireland I'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply. After coming from a pixel running Android 10 I really got use to the new gestures. Was hoping to set the same gestures on the new phone.
    Trying to get use to the way Samsung have their settings laid out.
    Does smart alert not work for WhatsApp? Gmail?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. After coming from a pixel running Android 10 I really got use to the new gestures. Was hoping to set the same gestures on the new phone.
    Trying to get use to the way Samsung have their settings laid out.
    Does smart alert not work for WhatsApp? Gmail?
    Thanks
    You and me both. I rocked BlackBerry's with gestures 5 years ago. Been waiting a long time. I dont think smart alert works with anything other then samsung phone and message app. I use BlackBerry inbox and whatsapp and neither causes a vibration when I pick it up.

You and me both. I rocked BlackBerry's with gestures 5 years ago. Been waiting a long time. I dont think smart alert works with anything other then samsung phone and message app. I use BlackBerry inbox and whatsapp and neither causes a vibration when I pick it up.

I like the way light rotates around the front camera. Samsung should use that as a notification light!

I like the way light rotates around the front camera. Samsung should use that as a notification light!

There are apps available:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=you.in.spark.energy.ring.note

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symetium.holepunchcameraeffects

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.alwaysondisplay

I've tried the above in the past but wasn't 100% happy with them. I haven't tested them in a while. Test them out yourself.

• Advertisement

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Where's the best place to pick up a note 10 plus sim free? Anyone bought one from those sellers on adverts.ie?!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Where's the best place to pick up a note 10 plus sim free? Anyone bought one from those sellers on adverts.ie?!
    I bought a S10 5g off one of the adverts guys. No problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Interested in getting a Note 5g myself but little hesistant to try adverts. Last time I bought a S8 off one of them from the shop it turned out to be IMEI blacklisted in the UK.

Infini wrote: »
    Interested in getting a Note 5g myself but little hesistant to try adverts. Last time I bought a S8 off one of them from the shop it turned out to be IMEI blacklisted in the UK.

I bought of a seller called allinthefamily on adverts. Great feedback and ready to deal with. I bought a S10 5g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks is there any reason why I can't buy from the UK Samsung store?

The 5G Note 10+ is down to £899 and they'll give you £200 off when you trade in any Android phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Folks is there any reason why I can't buy from the UK Samsung store?

The 5G Note 10+ is down to £899 and they'll give you £200 off when you trade in any Android phone.

Just off chat their with them on the UK Site and they said I can only use a phone here in Ireland once I use it in the UK using a UK Sim on a call lasting 10 minutes.

This is beyond annoying as using the £200 off will save round €250 than buying it on the Irish site here with the trade in added on! :(

I believe you can buy it off the UK Site using Parcel Motel or whatever no?

Just off chat their with them on the UK Site and they said I can only use a phone here in Ireland once I use it in the UK using a UK Sim on a call lasting 10 minutes.

This is beyond annoying as using the £200 off will save round €250 than buying it on the Irish site here with the trade in added on! :(

I doubt that would matter the phone is unlocked so not sure why you'd need to use a UK sim.

Edit: they told me I'd need to get it delivered to a UK address.

I doubt that would matter the phone is unlocked so not sure why you'd need to use a UK sim.

I dunno would I risk it as it would be alot of money if it didn't work here?

I would chance Parcelmotel or Addresspal as worst that could happen is that they will reject the order if you wanted to go ahead I mean?

I dunno would I risk it as it would be alot of money if it didn't work here?

I've never heard of anything like that. It'd be the same as buying from Amazon.

I've never heard of anything like that. It'd be the same as buying from Amazon.

I see your point alright.Just dunno what to do?

I meant working on an Irish Network sorry.

• Advertisement

I see your point alright.Just dunno what to do?

I meant working on an Irish Network sorry.

The phone is sim free so it should work fine.

The phone is sim free so it should work fine.

Really?Might chance it so.Am in 2 minds!

You;ll probably find it difficult to get the trade in deal if you use Parcel Motel or someone similar. I bought off the Microsoft UK site with no hassle

You;ll probably find it difficult to get the trade in deal if you use Parcel Motel or someone similar. I bought off the Microsoft UK site with no hassle

Yep they just confirmed UK addresses only.Damn it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Anyone get the One UI 2/Android 10 update yet?

Not yet (10+5g unlocked). I suspect it'll arrive in mid January as I'm still on Nov security update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I got the December update alright which got my hopes up. Ah well, might flash it from sammobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I have the Note 10+ about 3 weeks not, only noticed that I am not getting sound on notifactions, usually on silent in work. Checked everything in settings and online but I still can not get the sounds on. Any ideas what I'm missing?

I have the Note 10+ about 3 weeks not, only noticed that I am not getting sound on notifactions, usually on silent in work. Checked everything in settings and online but I still can not get the sounds on. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Did you check if ringtone volume is turned up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

Anyone get the One UI 2/Android 10 update yet?

Downloading :)
    Thx

• Advertisement
Advertisement