Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter 2019/2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Sunset in Salthill this evening (not my pic)

EMKpMpzW4AA9Tod.jpg

Source:

https://twitter.com/GalwayWalks/status/1207713705573670913

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still raining outside, don't need to go outside to see if it's raining because all the gutters are overflowing with water splashing onto the pavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lashing rain still in cork city, hear it hitting the velux windows. 7.76mm fallen today so far, most of it since 3pm. Rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

If Australia would share some of its record breaking heat I'd gladly send over some of this rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The radar on Met.ie does not reflect the rain we are currently experiencing in Cork City - it’s “relentless” as Siobhan would say :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Also, traffic gridlock in the city centre - joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Unreal rain again this evening,nearly worse than yesterday in terms of rainfall

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely day in Tralee with a stunning sunset, a friend sent me this pic of Banna Strand , Co Kerry from this evening, some sea fog can be seen forming in the Bay. Natural colours.

VuIRPuS.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Heavy fog about careful traveling.

Saw the fog physically set in just there in cork city. Apperead out of nowhere. Not very thick yet though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Saw the fog physically set in just there in cork city. Apperead out of nowhere. Not very thick yet though

300 meters visibility at the Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Will it freeze aswell and cause havoc on the roads by morning
    It's possible and roads won't have been gritted

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Over 1400mm for the year in athenry now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

A total of 1022mm now in Kildare. Wettest year since I began recording in 2010 and first time recording over 1000mm.

Average rainfall here is 842mm

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭alentejo

Much more rain than expected today! Seamed to be earlier than forecast! Could it be a ME fail! (Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Peace all night and peace in the dawning. The tide is audible over the back field even though the ocean is flat calm..
    A quiet rhythmic breathing

No warnings on met;ie! rare!

Heralding a settled week, they say. Welcome!

Intending to catch up on sleep as almost all is ready for a quiet Christmas

Shortest day hovers in the wings, and so looking forward to it

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Slightly OT, I've only been using it a little while but the wow.met.ie site never seems to be working in the early morning, Is this usual?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dense fog
    Most difficult week of commuting I’ve Had in a long time
    Have had everything

1216mm so far in cork city

Dense fog here this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Foggy and damp. Meath.
    Tomorrow or Sunday forecast; trying to choose best day for trip to Newgrange......not sure there is much difference in either day forecast. Emmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Nice bright morning in Arklow
    Currently 3.2 c
    Low of 1.3c
    Frost is clearing
    Just 7.4mm here yesterday
    Just 727.6 mm rain recorded here for the year so far
    We're going to end up 100mm less than last year ,the year of the summer drought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Kutebride

The fog is just ugly and miserable. Meath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

foggy after torrential rain for most of yesterday and heavy rain through most of the night. Dunsany getting close to 1000mm of rain for the year, something that is rarely ever achieved in this area. 2019 is certainly going to end up one of the wettest years in my lifetime, with the majority of it falling since August, particularly September to December. Looks reasonably unsettled right through to new years eve too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Nice bright morning in Arklow
    Currently 3.2 c
    Low of 1.3c
    Frost is clearing
    Just 7.4mm here yesterday
    Just 727.6 mm rain recorded here for the year so far
    We're going to end up 100mm less than last year ,the year of the summer drought

Comparing to Portugal I saw the following online.....

'In fact, annual precipitation amounts to 1,450 mm (57 inches) in Braga and 1,100 millimeters (45 in) in Porto, while it drops to around 900 mm (35 in) in Coimbra, to 700 mm (27.5 in) in Lisbon, and to about 500 mm (20 in) in Algarve.'

Worst fog in years is say in cork city that I can remember anyway. Very dense still, thought it would have burnes off by now but can barely see Infront of you still. walking through the city atm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The most beautiful sunset in Dublin, wonderful to see such uninterrupted blue skies after all that rain.

sun appeared here for a little bit in the afternoon but it's starting to fog up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Fog warning for Ireland
    Dense fog in many areas.

Valid: 4 p.m. today (Friday) until 10 a.m. tomorrow (Saturday)

Status Yellow - Fog warning for Ireland
    Dense fog in many areas.

Valid: 4 p.m. today (Friday) until 10 a.m. tomorrow (Saturday)

It's been dense fog here since 7am this.morning (possibly beforehand). Fogs always been an interesting weather pattern to me not sure why. It's just strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Beautiful day in Arklow today
    Sun all day

Advertisement