Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Tv Stick - €26.69 from DHGate

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

rte player having problems.. had to reinstall it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

rte player having problems.. had to reinstall it..

RTE Player is really problematic on my MiBox S, it rarely works without a reboot of the whole box or an app reinstall which makes it pretty much useless. You're better off to just cast from the RTE app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

grimm2005 wrote: »
    RTE Player is really problematic on my MiBox S, it rarely works without a reboot of the whole box or an app reinstall which makes it pretty much useless. You're better off to just cast from the RTE app on your phone.

Is the mibox s significantly better than the mi stick? I guess that is assuming you have both? I just the mi stick great but sometimes there is a bit of lag even on Amazon prime if you are pausing a video it is a few seconds before it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Raoul wrote: »
    Is the mibox s significantly better than the mi stick? I guess that is assuming you have both? I just the mi stick great but sometimes there is a bit of lag even on Amazon prime if you are pausing a video it is a few seconds before it happens.

I have the box myself and I've bought the stick for the OH as she is using a horrible old android box that's impossible to use with no casting so figured this would keep her going in the the meantime. I'll be unboxing and setting it up for her tomorrow and I'll have a better idea of any shortcomings versus the box. I expect it'll probably be a bit less responsive given the 1GB v 2GB RAM but she's not overly techy so I think she'll just be happy to have a chromecast that she can also use to access more dubious streaming sources. She'll be using it on a little bedroom TV as well so will likely be 720p max

The performance on the box itself I'm perfectly happy with. I never expected it to match Nvidia's offering at half the price but for what it is I think it's a great cost effective way to turn a non-smart TV into a fully functional one. It's plugged into a 4K TV but I don't think I've actually run any 4K content off of it as I don't have 4K Netflix. Might try something 4K off Prime to see how it handles it but for 1080p stuff there's no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Basil3 wrote: »
    You can sideload, I'm sure all the usual methods work.

One way is to install TV File Commander, log into one of your cloud storage accounts in that, and then install APKs you've uploaded from there.

I can't get the Virgin Media Player and All4 to work when side loaded on to my Xiaomi Mi Box 3. I see the reports here that these apps work on the Xiaomi Mi Tv Stick. Why do they work on the Xiaomi Mi Tv Stick but no on the Xiaomi Mi Box 3? Different Android version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone else getting letters from an post asking whether you got the stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Yeah I got one I guess we didn't complete the order so the seller went looking for a pod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

tnegun wrote: »
    Yeah I got one I guess we didn't complete the order so the seller went looking for a pod

I ignored the first one and then they sent me a registered one today

Advertisement