Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who thinks Trump will win?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

MFPM wrote: »
    Cops killing innocent people of colour, white supermacists protected by 'law and order' as they kill innocent people?

Obama didnt stop it happening, why would Biden?

You think people just started dieing in police custody and during arrest when Trump got involved. If anything it might be the presidency where the issue is raised. If anything he is more likely to stoo this than Obama ever did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

buried wrote:
    Where do you live? From the sounds of it its nowhere in Ireland, you are talking hyperwollix netflix fantasy ****. Nobody will be "killing anybody for food" in Ireland gasun, we didn't do that the last time we were made starve.

Law and order, the phrase the man himself often tweets would win out every time.

08 has shown us, America's economy is critical for the global economy, it goes, we all go. The speed of the previous crash was astonishing, we re potentially more vulnerable now

Our legal systems no longer are truly democratic, there's a potential some of our critical systems such as the justice system to collapse with it, the man himself is more than likely an npd, he's actually a conman, he actually doesn't care for the human race, you ve been conned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

During Covid lockdown I may have missed a lot of things but could someone PLEASE tell me why the Dems decided on an elderly man to lead them in. I honestly just don't get it.

A younger vibrant articulate DEM would at least give Trump a run for his money. It is baffling to me why not.

It's as if the Dems want the RPs to win and after eight years of Trumpism romp home. I am really baffled, but should I be? Am I missing something that you experts might know more about in the Dem Strategy? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    08 has shown us, America's economy is critical for the global economy, it goes, we all go. The speed of the previous crash was astonishing, we re potentially more vulnerable now

Our legal systems no longer are truly democratic, there's a potential some of our critical systems such as the justice system to collapse with it, the man himself is more than likely an npd, he's actually a conman, he actually doesn't care for the human race, you ve been conned

"we all go"? I didn't go anywhere man. I never got involved in any boom or the bust after it. I'm still living the bland 70's Irish dinner shtyle without salad cream that I've been doing the last 40 years and I'm happy out. Could be a lesson in that for ya.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,129 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Trump is doing well with heart land and working class voters, breaking that down further he is also looking like getting more of the black vote than any Republican in a long time, not a big ask.

Add in the Democrats doing so much to help him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

buried wrote:
    "we all go"? I didn't go anywhere man. I never got involved in any boom or the bust after it. I'm still living the bland 70's Irish dinner shtyle without salad cream that I've been doing the last 40 years and I'm happy out. Could be a lesson in that for ya.

This has the potential to stop everything, assume you use electricity?

During Covid lockdown I may have missed a lot of things but could someone PLEASE tell me why the Dems decided on an elderly man to lead them in. I honestly just don't get it.

A younger vibrant articulate DEM would at least give Trump a run for his money. It is baffling to me why not.

It's as if the Dems want the RPs to win and after eight years of Trumpism romp home. I am really baffled, but should I be? Am I missing something that you experts might know more about in the Dem Strategy? Thanks.

They wanted someone who would beat Sanders in the primary, due to a woeful selection, a man with early dementia was the winner.

MFPM wrote: »
    Cops killing innocent people of colour, white supermacists protected by 'law and order' as they kill innocent people?

Where is that happening?

How is it relevant to the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭briany

True enough but the country seems even further apart since the Obama era. Might be worth a fiver though :P

We saw the beginnings of all of this in 2008, really. Sarah Palin and the Tea Party movement, the rise of Facebook and Twitter giving you the 'real news' that the 'lamestream media' doesn't want you to know. I remember that old woman who said to John McCain - "Obama - I read about him, and he's, uh, he's an Arab."
    Where did she read about him? It couldn't have been in any possible publication with journalistic integrity and oversight, that's for sure. And since that time, that type of baseless information has proliferated wildly. QAnon has become a massive conspiracy theory despite it having no basis, but it does play into certain people's pre-existing biases. Ultimately, if we cannot deal in hard facts, we cannot even have a discussion, because that's like one side is playing checkers and the other backgammon. That's where America is right now, and other parts of the western world are following suit to varying extents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    This has the potential to stop everything, assume you use electricity?

I do but last week I was without it for three days. And yet, I Still alive.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Old people. There's a lot of them and they vote.

I think he will win unless there is voter fraud by the Democrats. Trump will be a disaster for another 4 years but the alternative is even worse. America facing some tough times ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Danzy wrote: »
    They wanted someone who would beat Sanders in the primary, due to a woeful selection, a man with early dementia was the winner.

Oh here we go, the boards doctors are out in force again with their expert diagnosis:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Where is that happening?

How is it relevant to the thread?

Well you don't need to look far around you to see how well America is at exporting their 'culture'.. feck knows what is next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The country is more divided than ever.

Big gap between the rich and the poor.

I hope Biden wins it but I have a feeling he will be too laidback to tackle the problems America faces.

• Advertisement

I think he will win unless there is voter fraud by the Democrats. Trump will be a disaster for another 4 years but the alternative is even worse. America facing some tough times ahead.

The alternative is worse? The democrats are so bad that a proven liar, who is barely even able to form coherent sentences, unable to interpret basic facts and figures, probably has at least one major personality disorder and gets by by trading on slogans and causing fights between different groups is better?

Cmon, you don't actually believe that this puppet of a figure is the best choice out there?

(I think he will win or if it looks like he won't, he will step down or come up with some lame excuse)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah now you honestly think the democrats are more likely to commit voter fraud than the Republicans?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-robert-duncan-usps-super-pac_n_5f4dafa9c5b64f17e141d8a7

That's not to mention the extreme gerrymandering....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

I think Trump will just about shade it. Republicans usually have a more solid voter base and don't have to appeal to such a wider audience.

Biden is not a good candidate, also. They Dems messed that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Guffy

How much more would he have won by if they ran Sanders over Biden I wonder?

Early dementia Vs NPD at least, what a time to be alive!

Edit: neither has been proven, some mental health professionals have speculated on Trump and his behaviour is consistent with narcissistic disorders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brentanrodgers

briany wrote: »
    if we cannot deal in hard facts

Indeed - the first 2-3 years of Russian conspiracy theories on social media and in the mainstream media did the Presidency no favours.

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah now you honestly think the democrats are more likely to commit voter fraud than the Republicans?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-robert-duncan-usps-super-pac_n_5f4dafa9c5b64f17e141d8a7

Especially as they have allready started to f*ck over the post office to try and get a head start :pac:

Two guys who are probably 3 or 4 years away from the dementia ward. How can America not find two better candidates than this.

gmisk wrote: »

Besides, even the very topic of voter fraud is a weak attempt at subterfuge and noise making (at best) and also very handy excuse for a sore loser (and on the off chance that he runs AND looses, is will be the biggest exhibition of toys from pram throwing tantrums the world has seen).

Voter fraud is actually very low. It's just another thing that gets trotted out that people lazily parrot without checking and gets disproportionate air time. But why let facts spoil things.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

It's hard to know.

I think Biden will win because Hillary beat Trump on popular vote and she was a terrible candidate and Trump said all the right things.

Now we've seen what Trump can do I don't know if he'll get the votes required. I don't really know how he's perceived over there on the ground. The tax cuts were well received by a lot of Americans.

I hope Trump does it.

It's a win win for me either way. Either Trump wins or Sleepy Joe wins and we get 4 years of him making gaffes and being openly racist. And then at the end of the 4 years when same problems exist I'll be able roll out the proof that Trump wasn't the problem. Remember BLM started during Bidens tenure.

Imagine if BLM was started under Trumps tenure. We'd be hearing how he was the reason for it. Yet no one says Obama/Biden was the reason for it.

When is the first debate? I can't wait. Joey is going to be dominated by Trump.

kenmm wrote: »
    Besides, even the very topic of voter fraud is a weak attempt at subterfuge and noise making (at best) and also very handy excuse for a sore loser (and on the off chance that he runs AND looses, is will be the biggest exhibition of toys from pram throwing tantrums the world has seen).

Voter fraud is actually very low. It's just another thing that gets trotted out that people lazily parrot without checking and gets disproportionate air time. But why let facts spoil things.

I really doubt voter fraud is that low.

In Ireland how many polling cards are sent out to dead people each time?? Loads. And that's Ireland, a small country that should be easy to get right.

Say what you want about Trump but the mans energy is something else for a man of 74. He's non stop, on the go the whole time. His daily updates on coronavirus went on for HOURS.

Meanwhile Sleepy hasn't even left his basement.

I really doubt voter fraud is that low.

In Ireland how many polling cards are sent out to dead people each time?? Loads. And that's Ireland, a small country that should be easy to get right.

Go look at the numbers.
    'loads' doesn't count.
    Note, I haven't looked at Irish cards sent to the dead, but I'm willing to bet it's statistically irrelevant. Especially ones that are then fraudulently used.

You backed up my point perfectly tho, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Two guys who are probably 3 or 4 years away from the dementia ward. How can America not find two better candidates than this.

Cannot be ageist, cannot be black, cannot speak up for females, cannot say anything now.

Anyway FOUR MORE YEARS beckons of Trump and his coterie, but if that's what is decided so be it.

If Trump wins Ivanka is on the stumps pretty quickly and the groundwork is being done by Daddy now I think.

Onwards we go with an idiot Twitter President who actually has good advisers in the long run. I THINK!

Are they going to have any televised debates? Wonder will Biden try to sniff Trumps hair? He likes a good sniff at hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Oh here we go, the boards doctors are out in force again with their expert diagnosis:rolleyes:

Seriously, literally two hours ago you were posting in the thread.
    He's four years older than Trump, meanwhile Trump is showing signs of a stroke.

So what is it, internet diagnosis are :rolleyes: when it's Biden but internet diagnosis are grand for Trump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Trump has the support of the public service, the grey vote and the far right. No matter how much the business owners pretend to want equality for all they wont want this rioting. Their staff want peace and quiet above minimum wage level. Secretly a huge amount of red votes are going to be blue votes. They may even cry and call foul when the blues win but id say a huge amount of red will be petrified at how out of control it is and will want stability and vote blue in private.

They will keep their dreads and hemp trousers but will vote trump or not vote atall, maybe even vote none of the above then go back to partying with their other liberal buddies who also pretended to vote for joe .

By the time election roles around the only people who will want biden to win will be welfare recipients and criminals. They probably wont actually vote.

It will be a bloodbath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Say what you want about Trump but the mans energy is something else for a man of 74. He's non stop, on the go the whole time. His daily updates on coronavirus went on for HOURS.

Meanwhile Sleepy hasn't even left his basement.

Come on mannnnnn!!!

Seriously, literally two hours ago you were posting in the thread.

So what is it, internet diagnosis are :rolleyes: when it's Biden but internet diagnosis are grand for Trump?

nah, its trending #1 on twitter, stories coming out that Pence was told to go on standby when Trump was rushed to Walter Reed, This story isn't going away, Trump is trying to quell it but failing miserably (as he does with everything)

Love this ad

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1300826360873537537?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

. . . That's where America is right now, and other parts of the western world are following suit to varying extents.

Those are only concerns of the echo chamber that is the twitter verse. American voters concerns in no particular order and are all intertwined to a greater or lesser extent depending on their party alignment under the following subjects.

1. Jobs and economic prospects. (especially with the COVID shutdowns)
    2. Healthcare.
    3. Social security.
    4. Immigration
    5. Taxation.
    6. Cost of living.

Other concerns but ranked lower priority are automation killing jobs (i.e. learn to code), Guns, Abortion, Pollution & environment, Crime & personal safety, the military, education debt, drug addiction and poverty.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

a man with early dementia was the winner.
    You cannot back this up, so please don't state your personal views as facts

Do not reply to this warning in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

nah, its trending #1 on twitter, stories coming out that Pence was told to go on standby when Trump was rushed to Walter Reed, This story isn't going away, Trump is trying to quell it but failing miserably (as he does with everything)

Love this ad

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1300826360873537537?s=19

It's internet doctor ing whatever the source, like at the start of the pandemic it was trending in Twitter that black people were resistant to Covid-19 because of high melalin levels ,in case you've not heard, it's been hammering BAME communities in the real world, but it's a good example of how accurate woke Twitter is in terms of medicine.

It's internet doctor ing whatever the source, like at the start of the pandemic it was trending in Twitter that black people were resistant to Covid-19 because of high melalin levels ,in case you've not heard, it's been hammering BAME communities in the real world, but it's a good example of how accurate woke Twitter is in terms of medicine.

I suppose its karma on Trump for all his idiotic claims about Bidens health, the more he squirms and has to issue denials the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Trump will win, i like him, i think he's been the best POTUS since possibly Reagan.

You only have to blame the democrats though, 2 elections and they've put Clinton and now Biden up against him, don't they want to win??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭briany

If Trump supporters look at the gaffes of Biden and come to the conclusion that he has dementia, then why don't they look at the litany of Trump gaffes and come to the same conclusion? If it were Biden who'd said in a speech that the Revolutionary Army took over airports, you can bet that they'd be all over it and pretty much saying that Biden needs to drop out of the race on the grounds of being mentally unfit. But that Trump said it? Hardly a peep.

You can't have it both ways on the matter, and if you try then really you're just displaying clear confirmation bias.

If Trump supporters look at the gaffes of Biden and come to the conclusion that he has dementia, then why don't they look at the litany of Trump gaffes and come to the same conclusion? If it were Biden who'd said in a speech that the Revolutionary Army took over airports, you can bet that they'd be all over it and pretty much saying that Biden needs to drop out of the race on the grounds of being mentally unfit. But that Trump said it? Hardly a peep.

You can't have it both ways on the matter, and if you try then really you're just displaying clear confirmation bias.

This is exactly what it is, they refuse to comment on Trumps constant gaffes, I posted a video of him making slip up after slip up while reading from the teleprompter and they ignore it, Biden gives a great speech, fluffs one sentence and they are all calling for him to be put into care.

This is exactly what it is, they refuse to comment on Trumps constant gaffes, I posted a video of him making slip up after slip up while reading from the teleprompter and they ignore it, Biden gives a great speech, fluffs one sentence and they are all calling for him to be put into care.

Fake news, innit.

Edit: seriously, it was a Fu(king master stroke to destabilise the belief in the media in such a way. Credit where is due, tactically it worked well.
    Unfortunately I'd prefer politics to be about policy and leadership.

Fake news, innit

They just refuse to see the evidence before their eyes, It's interesting seeing how deeply the cult has penetrated their minds though.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Hope he wins. Granted he has made terrible decisions over the past 12 months but its rather scary the path Democrats are on. It would be as bad as Mary Loo becoming Taoiseach if Biden won.

Would it really?
    How the **** can a misogynistic sh!t stirring buffoon be thought of as a world leader. The place has gone mad. None of his behaviour should be acceptable, never mind as the person representing the highest office in the land

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JKnoxer

2nd election in a row that Trump isnt the best but the least worse.

Wins by a landslide thanks to the Dems getting into bed with the likes of Antifa and BLM rioters,normal Joe soap Americans arent liking their cities being looted and burned.

• Advertisement

JKnoxer wrote: »
    Americans arent liking their cities being looted and burned.

That's exactly why Trump does more to stoke the fire than show real leadership and try and resolve some of the issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

sabat wrote: »
    Biden looks like he's been pumped full of enough meds to enable him to read out a few inane talking points. Trump win imo.

What I dont understand is the Democrats had 4 years to get a standout character - an Obama - I like Biden, but they really needed a dynamic 40 something , and the best they could come up with was Biden - but still think Biden will win, Trump has been shown up this year for what he is , if the election was last year - he would have won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

That's exactly why Trump does more to stoke the fire than show real leadership and try and resolve some of the issues.

He can do nothing if the Governors or Mayors refuse to ask for Federal help, if he does anything he is accused of being a fascist....problem is, Americans aren't as dumb as some people on this thread think.

You had very prominent Democrats encouraging people to donate to bail out violent rioters back in June....

https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=b8dOX-qvKPq61fAP79m_wAU&q=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&oq=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoLCC4QsQMQgwEQkwI6CAguELEDEIMBOgUILhCxAzoECAAQAzoICC4QsQMQkwI6AggAOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEMcBEK8BOgIILjoICAAQCBANEB46CAghEBYQHRAeUIkBWLSbAWDbnQFoA3AAeACAAbQBiAH3NpIBBTMxLjM0mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiqo56V_cjrAhV6XRUIHe_sD1gQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

The Democrats are doomed, they only have themselves to blame!

He can do nothing if the Governors or Mayors refuse to ask for Federal help, if he does anything he is accused of being a fascist....problem is, Americans aren't as dumb as some people on this thread think.

You had very prominent Democrats encouraging people to donate to bail out violent rioters back in June....

https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=b8dOX-qvKPq61fAP79m_wAU&q=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&oq=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoLCC4QsQMQgwEQkwI6CAguELEDEIMBOgUILhCxAzoECAAQAzoICC4QsQMQkwI6AggAOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEMcBEK8BOgIILjoICAAQCBANEB46CAghEBYQHRAeUIkBWLSbAWDbnQFoA3AAeACAAbQBiAH3NpIBBTMxLjM0mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiqo56V_cjrAhV6XRUIHe_sD1gQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

The Democrats are doomed, they only have themselves to blame!

Didnt Trump offer to pay legal costs for people breaking the law?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMiyDAroWik

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hi_thur_folks

I don’t have time to go through every page but look up BlazeTV trump hot mic on YouTube
    Seems like a nice guy. For sure it could be set up judge for yourselves. In any case a different side of him than orange man bad that we usually see

Edit: my opinion on the thread - yes I think he might. Whether that’s good for America I don’t know. He’d be my preference if I could vote tho

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement