Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG V20

Options
  • 03-10-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Anyone know where I'll be able to get this? I read on a few sites it's not for sale in the UK so that normally includes Ireland. Anyone else on here think of picking it up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Patww79 wrote: »

What makes you say that? :P

Ordered one from EGlobal. Arrived in Parcel Motel yesterday. Hopefully will have it later.

Edit: Strange, received another 'new shipment was created email from EGlobal over night. It's the same info as of June 5th, probably a mistake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Will set it up later. Goodbye to the Nexus 4.

IMG_0240_zpstjcbb8cp.jpg

Couple of software updates to start things off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Did anyone else who ordered from eGlobal have theirs stuck in UK customs for a long time?

Or is it a case of the tracking service stops there and it'll just get delivered?

Did anyone else who ordered from eGlobal have theirs stuck in UK customs for a long time?

Or is it a case of the tracking service stops there and it'll just get delivered?

Mine came via Hong Kong - France - UK - then all silent for a bit, no tracking updates after a Thursday (June 8th). Arrived in Ireland some time in the small hours on Monday, June 12th. Reached Parcel Motel by midday. They processed it about 6pm that evening. It was in the locker ~ 9am the next day. I collected it after work. Give the UK side few days, it might be radio silence for a bit. I know it's annoying if you're frequently refreshing your browser...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Couple of software updates to start things off.

So how are you finding the phone? I'm tempted to get this or try and source a oneplus 3t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

sandt wrote: »
    So how are you finding the phone? I'm tempted to get this or try and source a oneplus 3t

I'm also tempted to try this but not sure if it's going to be much of an upgrade from my S7 Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

I have mine ordered from eglobal
    hong kong > heston uk > belgium > on the way to destination
    Cleared customs pretty quickly so hoping I'll have it tomorrow or day after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

adam240610 wrote: »
    I have mine ordered from eglobal
    hong kong > heston uk > belgium > on the way to destination
    Cleared customs pretty quickly so hoping I'll have it tomorrow or day after

Without wishing to pry too much, is your destination Ireland or elsewhere?
    If its Ireland, then why did it go to Belgium, and which Customs?

I'm looking at buying off these guys, but slightly unsure about how they do the customs bit.

Without wishing to pry too much, is your destination Ireland or elsewhere?
    If its Ireland, then why did it go to Belgium, and which Customs?

I'm looking at buying off these guys, but slightly unsure about how they do the customs bit.
    Went to Heston in UK, cleared customs in the UK, then it went to their international sorting centre which I guess must be in Belgium. They refund customs if you get charged but only a handful seem to get caught. So much cheaper than amazon

Destined for Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Went to Heston in UK, cleared customs in the UK, then it went to their international sorting centre which I guess must be in Belgium. They refund customs if you get charged but only a handful seem to get caught. So much cheaper than amazon

Destined for Wicklow

Ah right, I thought you were on mainland Europe, thats interesting that it dispatches to Europe from the UK, then back here.

Did anyone here upgrade from an S7 edge and if so would you recommend it? Or would the G6 be a better option?

Ah right, I thought you were on mainland Europe, thats interesting that it dispatches to Europe from the UK, then back here.

Mine arrived in 8 working days, no problems,no taxes, even had the fancy earphones and a power adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Mine arrived in 8 working days, no problems,no taxes, even had the fancy earphones and a power adapter.

Was your phone stuck processing for a few days Adam? Mine is processing for 4 days now. Emailed yesterday and no reply.

Was your phone stuck processing for a few days Adam? Mine is processing for 4 days now. Emailed yesterday and no reply.

Shipped the next day I think

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Shipped the next day I think

Ok thanks for the reply. Hopefully there isn't anything wrong with the order.

Another software update this morning. LG Health pops up to me my steps info now and then. Haven't looked into turning it off or not. I use Garmin Connect for running anyway.

A few sample pics attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hello... Looking to buy this phone for my wife. Can someone here confirm that this phone will work on the 4g networks in Ireland? Any ways to check this out before ordering? No much information regarding this on eglobal website!
    Your opinions please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

peaceboi wrote: »
    Hello... Looking to buy this phone for my wife. Can someone here confirm that this phone will work on the 4g networks in Ireland? Any ways to check this out before ordering? No much information regarding this on eglobal website!
    Your opinions please

It does work on 4g in Ireland.

I suspect this is more of an Android issue than anything, but I'm finding it's pretty slow at learning common words I use for texts, Viber, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I suspect this is more of an Android issue than anything, but I'm finding it's pretty slow at learning common words I use for texts, Viber, etc.

What keyboard are you using?

T-Bird wrote: »
    What keyboard are you using?

It says LG Keyboard, English. QWERTY.

I've set auto correct to mild.

Where's the Euro symbol in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone got any pros and cons for this phone? Trying to decide between this and the G6, the 2nd screen on the v20 kind of appeals to me in a gimmicky sort of way. Do you definitely need a case with the V20, is it slippy in the hand? Is the wide angle camera only being 8mp noticeable?

For anyone who has this and has looked at the upcoming V30 would you recommend buying the V20 for €300 on eglobal or waiting and paying (the reported) €800 for the V30?

Coming from an S7 edge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

Advertisement