Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    And put together everything well in advance. Damn john deere tractor nearly killed me (it was actually me not reading the instructions correctly but not what you need on Christmas eve)

I think DvB will echo this

Absolutely. Though its almost a ritual that every dad needs to endure (just the once usually).. hours one Christmas morning building what santa left!!

Never made that mistake again.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    So I’ve been keeping a secret….

For the past 3 years myself and Mrs Loughc have been trying very hard to have a baby. We’ve unfortunately had to go through 2 full rounds of IVF and 2 embryo transfers later I can proudly now say we are 3 months pregnant.

The best part of all this our baby is currently due Christmas Eve. Could not be a more perfect Christmas present.

Someone up there is pulling for us :D

What amazing news to get on a Tuesday morning after a bank holiday.

I'm absolutely chuffed for both of you. Massive con'grats.

As others has said, adding kids to the Christmas mix has made it even more special for me over the last few years.

Pro tip, dont leave assembly of any Santa present till 10pm Christmas eve when you're half cut or you might end up falling asleep in a Wendy house :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It also dawned on me… I get to be SANTY now :D

Massive congratulations Loughc and Mrs. Loughc :D:D:D Wonderful wonderful news!

As someone with a Christmas baby (ours is the day after St. Stephen's Day)...it's super! It's such a lovely time of the year to have a baby (any time is lovely granted), but there is something about cold mornings and snuggling a new baby cosied up in the leaba!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Congrats LoughC, that is amazing news even more so that you had to work so hard to get here AND that it will be a Christmas babba! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Huge congratulations LoughC.
    I hope herself is doing well through the pregnancy!
    You'll have extra magic every Christmas now.

• Advertisement

30-39 year olds can register for the vaccine next week, woot woot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh I hadn't seen that yet!! Great. :D

Wife had her first jab yesterday, so we are both one down, one to go :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »

It’s my time to shine :D

It’s my time to shine :D

Sparkle (like a christmas tree fairy light) I'd have thought, no? ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

CheerLouth wrote: »

I wish I was in this age group and not the 50-59 group:( :D:D

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I wish I was in this age group and not the 50-59 group:( :D:D

Ditto for me in the 45-49 group

• Registered Users Posts: 10,010 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Dose 1 received today so I'm in neither of those cohorts but I'm in the very happy, and very very tired cohort.

Lads & ladies, what a day out there... stunning.

Its Friday, I finish up at 1pm and I'm off to see my beloved Rovers tonight in the flesh & not just via the tinterweb... even going for a pint afterwards... absolute bliss, havent been able to do this since March 2020, so it feels like Christmas has come early for me.

Oh and not forgetting, my sons GAA team actually get to play a match again for the first time since March 2020 tomorrow... it'll be great to see the kids back out there doing what they've been training for all this time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, weather looks like its to be spectacular, especially Sunday!!

DvB wrote: »
    Lds & ladies, what a day out there... stunning.

Its Friday, I finish up at 1pm and I'm off to see my beloved Rovers tonight in the flesh & not just via the tinterweb... even going for a pint afterwards... absolute bliss, havent been able to do this since March 2020, so it feels like Christmas has come early for me.

Oh and not forgetting, my sons GAA team actually get to play a match again for the first time since March 2020 tomorrow... it'll be great to see the kids back ot there ding what they've been training for all this time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, weather looks like its to be spectacular, especially Sunday!!

Nice one, have a good weekend.

Is great to see kids & adults getting back to things they love and things we took for granted a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I met my friends for lunch in the local beer garden.It was great to be outside in the sunshine eating and not worrying about restrictions.
    Took a slightly extend lunch but sure that a work from home perk:p

I'm starting a week off.Have a few days in Wexford then hopefully moving into our new house. Busy,busy but very happy.

I'm starting a week off.Have a few days in Wexford then hopefully moving into our new house. Busy,busy but very happy.

Enjoy the few days away and moving into your new home! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Birthday to me :D

Autosport wrote: »

Happy birthday!!!

Happy Birthday! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Best wishes Autosport, hope you had a great day :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy birthday Autosport. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy birthday Autosport -I hope you enjoyed your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,010 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Happy birthday!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy birthday Autosport! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy belated birthday!!

Many happy returns Autosport, hope you had a great day.

Hope you had a lovely day, Autosport :D

I've only two days at work this week & then we are off down the country for a few days! Can't wait for a change of scenery! We've Fota Wildlife on the agenda....haven't been there since I was knee high to a grasshopper myself so looking forward to a nice day out :)

Hope the weather holds for you CL. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Hope the weather holds for you CL. Enjoy.

Ah sure, we'll have the wellies in the car just in case! ;)

Advertisement