Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

showpony1 wrote: »
    Any idea what the seating situation be like or be mostly standing like tivoli?

Not a clue, but there's no mention of seated tickets on eventbrite so that might be an indication!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

That's incredibly disappointing, hope it's not the end for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Shame. Bobby Gunns and Lucky Kids will have huge 16 carat weekends in Germany in March. Thought Courage did a good job booking them before they become bigger names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

I wonder what caused this since they seemed to draw OK crowd to the Wright Venue - maybe there was more all ages crowd at it that couldn't attend Button Factory? or was it teaming with the Low Blows guys that put people off?

• Advertisement

or was it teaming with the Low Blows guys that put people off?

Why would that put people off?

Looks like sponsoring OSW didn't boost sales

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1097886485242671104?s=20

https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1098218901488500736

Phoenix trying to come through with a save, if anyone can help let them know.

That would be amazing :eek:

ThePott wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1098218901488500736

Phoenix trying to come through with a save, if anyone can help let them know.

That would be amazing :eek:

Hopefully they can run the show, sad to see so many workers messed around by Courage/Low Blows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hopefully they can run the show, sad to see so many workers messed around by Courage/Low Blows

I know you’re looking for a reaction, but cop on with the defamatory comments and know what you’re talking about before you comment. Low Blows messed nobody around. I personally got all of the talent paid today (while forgoing my own payday) by publicly and privately putting pressure on the promoters. I’ve spent the week working my hole off trying to save this show and refusing to pull out, despite realising how many mess ups there had been, trying to find replacements (and succeeding) so lads would be able to wrestle.

The show wasn’t cancelled because of ‘low’ ticket sales. Sales were near identical to the pre-sales for FFPW last week, a well-attended show. The show was cancelled because the promoters over-projected their sales to a totally unrealistic level (30-40% of sales for a 500-capacity venue a week out from the show, nobody does these numbers outside of OTT) and the venue found out. They then cancelled to preserve their relationship with the venue for non-wrestling projects. I have all this in writing because I made sure they texted me rather than called because I sensed something was up this morning. I then personally put out the news myself, fully accountable, so there’d be minimal confusion. Low Blows did nothing wrong. We were bang in-line for our realistic projections, did way more work than we agreed to, got zero pay or thanks and put together a fun, different card (which was supposed to be our only job).

• Advertisement

Fair play Leggo
    or was it teaming with the Low Blows guys that put people off?
    sad to see so many workers messed around by Courage/Low Blows
    You're trying too hard.

Gutted it's not happening! Judging by twitter though there seems to be a weird partisan bias toward's Dublin Indys. Even Phoenix said they wouldn't run Dublin because they like OTT?

Was there some crazy unspoken bad blood between the 2 companies or was it all just fans picking sides?

brianblaze wrote: »
    Gutted it's not happening! Judging by twitter though there seems to be a weird partisan bias toward's Dublin Indys. Even Phoenix said they wouldn't run Dublin because they like OTT?

Was there some crazy unspoken bad blood between the 2 companies or was it all just fans picking sides?

OTT definitely weren't happy about them moving in on the market - i would say most of their hardcore wouldn't go to Courage. Any Courage talent generally isn't booked by OTT (bar PAC), and i think WWE parties fell out with them previously so had nothing to lose by getting involved with this.

OTT definitely weren't happy about them moving in on the market - i would say most of their hardcore wouldn't go to Courage. Any Courage talent generally isn't booked by OTT (bar PAC), and i think WWE parties fell out with them previously so had nothing to lose by getting involved with this.

So at all the courage shows in Swords, I saw a lot of fans that went to OTT shows. It seems very odd for me, as a fan, to not watch wrestling because it's from a different company! Jaysus 16 years ago when IWW were opening the school up fans and wrestlers would have killed to have a few options to go to!

And as for wrestlers, the more places they have to go and make a pay day, the better for them!

Anyway, what the f*ck am I meant to go get some dramatic footage of now on Saturday? I may have to go to Supermacs at 3 AM and just get lads knocking seven shades out of each other!

Anyway, what the f*ck am I meant to go get some dramatic footage of now on Saturday? I may have to go to Supermacs at 3 AM and just get lads knocking seven shades out of each other!
    Come to Top Pizza in Limerick :D

Come to Top Pizza in Limerick :D

Will they cover my travel? Also, as it's in Limerick, I assume it's a hardcore match?

https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1098324346685349890

They're looking for a venue still but looks like there could be a show in Cork this weekend in lieu of the Courage fallout.
    Very admirable

EDIT- They released a poster, looks like it's going ahead and that they have a plan even if a venue doesn't arrive. This is amazing to see.

https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1098522133188304897

So Phoenix officially announced that their show Just Enough Courage to Perform is gonna take place in the Circus Factory in Cork City on Saturday at 8pm. Tickets are only a tenner and it's BYOB!

Absolutely amazing that they managed to pull this together so quickly. If you're in Cork absolutely head to it, would be great if the numbers were good after all the work they've put in to save this thing.

Should be savage craic!

Since the workers were paid by courage already does this mean a double pay day?

• Advertisement

Since the workers were paid by courage already does this mean a double pay day?

Hope so for their sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Their Courage pay will pay for their travel to Cork.

They should make the next national basketball arena show byob since a bar is too expensive.

They should make the next national basketball arena show byob since a bar is too expensive.

Think you need a different license for that! (Also what large venue is going to let that happen!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Basketball Arena would never allow BYOB, there was several thousand people at the show. It would be carnage.

there was several thousand people at the show.

biggest exaggeration made on this thread?
    (other than that Courage had sold well).

biggest exaggeration made on this thread?
    (other than that Courage had sold well).

You have a very negative viewpoint on stuff it seems

You have a very negative viewpoint on stuff it seems

just speaking the truth/my opinion Brian,
    i can't help that some posters were actively involved with the Courage project.

€25 for Liger M&G isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

That was the one thing I'd change about the OTT show last week. Would have been good to get a few pints. Doesn't need to be BYOB but a few pints in plastic cups would have been nice.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    That was the one thing I'd change about the OTT show last week. Would have been good to get a few pints. Doesn't need to be BYOB but a few pints in plastic cups would have been nice.

A show built on cheap cans of Tennant's has gone sober

There wasn't much officially said about this but a few responses from OTT to people on Facebook and Twitter said it was "too expensive" to have a bar.

I assume its not a normally licensed premises (which GAA halls like Suir Road would be), so I wonder the cost of even selling cans with plastic cups like they did in Tivoli or a bottle bar.

OTT have such a following now that can get away with not having drink at all so probably will be the same if in Basketball stadium again - though a Saturday night could be interesting.

Advertisement