Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Show was planned to be over for 9 either way. Just strange pacing, crowds got into the matches but the hype wasn't there initially as no one was expecting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Show was planned to be over for 9 either way. Just strange pacing, crowds got into the matches but the hype wasn't there initially as no one was expecting them.

Maybe AEW lads are popping in and they're giving them an hour to talk ****e and not funk up the card

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Scotty Davis Vs Jushin Liger at Scrappermania

Scotty Davis Vs Jushin Liger at Scrappermania

Delighted for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

brianblaze wrote: »
    Delighted for him!

Definitely. An absolute legend and a groundbreaker. Liger is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Sitting beside a kid. Think MJF missed the memo it's an all ages show

cian68 wrote: »
    Sitting beside a kid. Think MJF missed the memo it's an all ages show

Did they enjoy the tacks at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Brilliant show. First time at OTT. loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That was absolutely excellent tonight.

Brilliant time management too.

D.Q wrote: »
    Brilliant show. First time at OTT. loved it.
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    That was absolutely excellent tonight.

Brilliant time management too.

What were some highlights for you lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

The card order threw me off totally. After Walter and PAC the place seemed quite flat. Scotty and Ospreay vs Besties was great. The only one that disappointed was the women's match unfortunately. Big fan of the arena for shows, the lack of a bar aside. Good night though and fantastic time keeping by Joe and the lads.

Omackeral wrote: »
    What were some highlights for you lads?

Devlin/Starr was excellent.

Pac breaking his finger and putting it back (not sure if it was a work but it looked messed up)

MJF's promo had me in stitches, made a famine joke.

Overall though just really happy with the organisation of it. Wouldn't be against going to the NBA for a show again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Sirsok

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Overall though just really happy with the organisation of it. Wouldn't be against going to the NBA for a show again.

After years of playing basketball and attending Ireland matches there...i have only realised that the National Basketball Arenas initials are NBA...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Normstorm

Match order has been bizzare, Devlin/Starr opened and now Walter/PAC is third. Hope no one was planning to pop in late! Though it looks like the entire crowd is here already tbf.

I popped in late :( How was Walter v Pac?? Anywhere near Ospreay vs Walter?

Sirsok wrote: »
    After years of playing basketball and attending Ireland matches there...i have only realised that the National Basketball Arenas initials are NBA...

I only realised myself before I typed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Pac seemed to dislocate a finger on a landing early in the match which gave him trouble throughout. Still a savage match though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 princeparsnips

I think the noise in the stadium was amazing.

I felt the hype was there immediately when the devlin/star match started, was an interesting change of pace and the match was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I think the noise in the stadium was amazing.

I felt the hype was there immediately when the devlin/star match started, was an interesting change of pace and the match was awesome.

Yeah perfect after the opening video.

That starr/devlin promo got a standing ovation and deservedly so.

One of the best hype packages I've ever seen.

Ticked all the boxes for me. Enjoyed that more than I've enjoyed any wrestling show for a long time.

I'm in London for the ufc over paddy's weekend or else I'd be all over the next event.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

If they run that venue on a hot summer day I will possibly faint.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

I've had Scotty Davis entrance music stuck in my head since last night! Can anyone tell me the name of the tune?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Davy05 wrote: »
    I've had Scotty Davis entrance music stuck in my head since last night! Can anyone tell me the name of the tune?

"The Bomb" - by Pigeon John

Davy05 wrote: »

Here, learn every word or else you're a disgusting filthy casual.

Will Courage draw a crowd this saturday night?

showpony1 wrote: »
    Will Courage draw a crowd this saturday night?

I really hope so! Would love to see the Button Factory hold more wrestling! Great card, and my own biases aside, it looks like it'll be great fun!

Over 18's show, anything can happen, why not!? Cheap tickets too like!

I really hope so! Would love to see the Button Factory hold more wrestling! Great card, and my own biases aside, it looks like it'll be great fun!

Over 18's show, anything can happen, why not!? Cheap tickets too like!

what bias have you got Brian?

Jason Money vs one of the Armstrongs' & Ballymun Bruiser vs Steven Savage have drawn my interest.

I shot their December hype video and will probably be doing the same again with the lads from GG media for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Jason Money vs one of the Armstrongs' & Ballymun Bruiser vs Steven Savage have drawn my interest.

The floodgate match sounds like an amazing concept looks like a good show

I do feel like Button Factory has the faint possibility of being like early days Tivoli. I go to indy wrestling in general to revel in the absurdity of it, the crowd interactions and the wrestling obviously. Looking at the card and the venue and the ticket prices, this has huge potential to be a great night

I do feel like Button Factory has the faint possibility of being like early days Tivoli. I go to indy wrestling in general to revel in the absurdity of it, the crowd interactions and the wrestling obviously. Looking at the card and the venue and the ticket prices, this has huge potential to be a great night

Any idea what the seating situation be like or be mostly standing like tivoli?

• Advertisement

Any idea what the seating situation be like or be mostly standing like tivoli?

Advertisement