Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

showpony1 wrote: »
    This discussion is far more tedious than anything has gone on recently in the forum.
    Might want to take a look at your recent posts, buster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Might want to take a look at your recent posts, buster.

My posts are discussing Irish Wrestling - not "internet Wrestling Fans".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Honest question, not trolling, are you Rovert?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads, i am more a fan of the art of wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Those Mark Haskins still have the money in the bank briefcase for OTT? Keep thinking there might be a twist at Devlin/Walter 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As opposed to what?

jface187 wrote: »
    Those Mark Haskins still have the money in the bank briefcase for OTT? Keep thinking there might be a twist at Devlin/Walter 2.

He does yes - thought about this myself, be a very harsh thing to do if they give Jordan the belt after this long chase on Paddy's weekend.

Who is there left to book against British Strong Style - KOTN again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

brianblaze wrote: »
    Honest question, not trolling, are you Rovert?

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

showpony1 wrote: »

Who is there left to book against British Strong Style - KOTN again?

I'm not sure how many times they've done that, twice maybe. But I feel like I've seen it more than enough. I'd be quite disappointed with that. although at this point you're just going to see WWE stars British Strong Style. Don't think they have many great indie matches these days.

cian68 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how many times they've done that, twice maybe. But I feel like I've seen it more than enough. I'd be quite disappointed with that. although at this point you're just going to see WWE stars British Strong Style. Don't think they have many great indie matches these days.

Only once in a 6 man tag in Tivoli that i can remember unless they worked a Belfast show against them.

I am only going based on who has yet to be booked on the card, i assume the Angle Cruzers will be announced against Justy.

So probably KOTN unless its some random team of Haskins + 2 others.

• Advertisement

Scroll through the thread and see the context

thanks
    Omackeral wrote: »
    As opposed to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sorry I forgot you were a student of the game and a fan of the "art" of wrestling.

Ahh that podcast has gone to the dogs

I am a student of the game AND a fan of the "art" .... I also love womens wrestling and buy all their used gear to show my appreciation while sliding into more DMs than anyone else on this forum
    Get it right!
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot you were a student of the game and a fan of the "art" of wrestling.

I am a student of the game AND a fan of the "art" .... I also love womens wrestling and buy all their used gear to show my appreciation while sliding into more DMs than anyone else on this forum
    Get it right!

Justy?

https://www.facebook.com/662426023822928/posts/2164795226919326/

Stand Back, there's a surprise coming through OTT for Scrappermania

I see OTT did a show last night for some of the staff of Accenture in The Academy! Great idea to try get some Christmas/ Summer party bookings for the corporates from OTT! Facebook and Google drop a BOMB on these things, if they got a foot in the door there, they'd be doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I see OTT did a show last night for some of the staff of Accenture in The Academy! Great idea to try get some Christmas/ Summer party bookings for the corporates from OTT! Facebook and Google drop a BOMB on these things, if they got a foot in the door there, they'd be doing well!

I’m sure the crowd would be intolerable but fair play it is a good little sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Just a quick mention that the Limerick Phoenix show on Paddy's Day are having an issue promoting on Facebook because of the implied swear word so a bit of a plug here for them or if you want to share their stuff on there I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

They also have tickets at a promotional rate of a tenner while stocks last if you're looking for something to do on Paddy's Day. Link is there:
    https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/fk-off-shnakes-tickets-55856775118

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Sirsok

As someone called it earlier Kings V BSS for scrappermania loser leaves down!

Card shaping up nicely, speaks volumes for the Irish folks involved!

• Advertisement

I don't know what's worse about this man. The fact that he's an actor who doesn't act very well on commentary or tweets like this.
    Wrestling's not real like, stop clutching at straws.

https://twitter.com/AonghusOg/status/1104487950207852549?s=19

It's a thread so click in and read it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Sirsok wrote: »
    As someone called it earlier Kings V BSS for scrappermania loser leaves down!

Card shaping up nicely, speaks volumes for the Irish folks involved!

KOTN are the lesnar of OTT, never giving up the title and boring the fans

I don't know what's worse about this man. The fact that he's an actor who doesn't act very well on commentary or tweets like this.

You sound like a barrel of laughs

montyrebel wrote: »
    KOTN are the lesnar of OTT, never giving up the title and boring the fans

Kings always get a great reception from the crowd in my experience? Can't remember them ever getting a boring chant

You sound like a barrel of laughs
    Have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Do people have a negative perception of OTT? I noticed a few posters saying a few things in the past in a negative light. Not saying there are not entitled to, just interested to know why one would be negative towards OTT at all.

Storylines?
    Characters?

Sirsok wrote: »
    Do people have a negative perception of OTT? I noticed a few posters saying a few things in the past in a negative light. Not saying there are not entitled to, just interested to know why one would be negative towards OTT at all.

Storylines?
    Characters?

I think a lot of people have that feeling where you like a band and then they get popular so they don't like them anymore

I was gonna just leave it but aside from insulting the dude as an actor which he seems to be gainfully employed as, he's gotten recognised by Meltzer as a good commentator.

He tweeted in kayfabe about the main event of the company he works for's biggest show, showing he's been working on his commenting and his "knowledge of the game" aspect of being a play by play commentator, and you decide to come on boards and complain?

I don't understand why anyone would do that if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Aonghus is one of the best commentators in all of wrestling right now. He isn't perfect but he has improved so much in the past 12-18 months. I see no problem with the tweets putting over Devlins boxing which if you have been paying attention has been a vital component of the whole Devlins vs WALTER story

• Advertisement

the issue isnt him going over the top (pun intended) on the boxing, it is the fact that its an obvious false statement.

They should push the fact that not only is JD a fantastic technical wrestler, he can throw the hands too. No need to bring boxing into it when we can watch Katie Taylor anytime on youtube. Call Jordan a fella who can fight as well as wrestle, thats the call to make

best pure boxing, what is that? It isnt a real thing. Showing scrap, fighting spirit and not just a wrestler is real!
    NITRO95 wrote: »
    Aonghus is one of the best commentators in all of wrestling right now. He isn't perfect but he has improved so much in the past 12-18 months. I see no problem with the tweets putting over Devlins boxing which if you have been paying attention has been a vital component of the whole Devlins vs WALTER story

Advertisement