Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah meant to say congrats to Kairi. She was so emotional.

And Ciampa accepting his award and giving it back was funny to watch

This will probably air on next week's NXT but after the stream ended

And the Q&A with Cathy and Paul

Meant to say as well, I noticed during the video packages on the preshow for Almas, that they reedited them so the commentary only said Andrade. At least they didn't go the WWF logo route of blurring out the rest of the name when on screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Of all the name droppings they've done, Andrade's might annoy me the most

Andrade "Cien" Almas was just a cool ass name, and he's been in WWE what 3 years establishing himself and the name before they go bothering with more removing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

NXT men and women reactions to being in the Rumble. Xia Li's reaction is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i really wish wwe would produce stuff as good as those videos for raw/smackdown/nxt would add so much to the characters. some of there best videos are online and never seen by the majority fans who dont go on message boards or twiiter looking

Like I said in the Rumble thread, they need to follow up on the Rumble appearances for Xia and Kacy. When was the last time we saw them on NXT? Previous main roster Battle Royals had women taking part that we have seen little of since.

All the men are seen regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Greatest Royal Rumble had Dan Matha who we saw a grand total of once and another "NXT" rep was Babatunde who I think has never been on TV. Strange inclusions indeed.

The reaction for Kairi this week and at the Rumble was great.
    Wonder if Roderick helps Marina with training

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Like I said in the Rumble thread, they need to follow up on the Rumble appearances for Xia and Kacy. When was the last time we saw them on NXT? Previous main roster Battle Royals had women taking part that we have seen little of since.

All the men are seen regularly

I'd never seen either before, but fell in love with both. The definition of making an impression.

• Advertisement

Think I only saw them both in the Mae Young Classic before the Rumble match. Kacy's first match looked like this

iSeVe72.png

Somehow she won then lost to Rhea Ripley in the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think I only saw them both in the Mae Young Classic before the Rumble match. Kacy's first match looked like this

iSeVe72.png

Somehow she won then lost to Rhea Ripley in the next round

What is going on with the other girl's pants?

In a similar vein though, Duke vs Kairi...

TR82BmBl.jpg

They're like denim chaps to go with the whole cowgirl theme

Just wait for Kacy vs Kairi. Need great zoom on the camera to see the action, they're both so tiny. :)

Wonder how Johnny Mundo/Nitro/Impact feels about Johnny Gargano/Takeover/Champion?

So with what happened on Raw this week, assuming it's permanent, where does that leave NXT?
    That must have been the most damaging sweep done yet, with regard taking 4 of their top guys.

Dream and UE to become even more prominent and Pete Dunne moving fulltime, dropping the UK title.

Riddle to be moved up the ladder quickly and maybe Keith Lee?

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1097931124859387904

Special announcement on NXT this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

So is tomorrow's NXT gonna be live on the network and not pre recorded. I'd say with Sasha and Baley announcing they'll defend the titles on any brand it could be NXT becoming a main brand and not just being seen as developmental anymore and the four lads showing up at Raw was just to show them off to the mainstream casual viewers rather than actual call ups to Raw.

Wouldn't be shocked at all.

Hunter refered to them as a third "globally touring" brand. If thats their goal, they'll probably need to make them eligible for part of the draft as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wouldn't be shocked at all.

Hunter refered to them as a third "globally touring" brand. If thats their goal, they'll probably need to make them eligible for part of the draft as well.

Yeah that would tie in with the reports that they’re going to be showing it on Fox when that deal starts too. They’ll need bigger names on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Just read up on the upcoming spoilers...Saw nothing about a major announcement unless it was the dusty classic??

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Just read up on the upcoming spoilers...Saw nothing about a major announcement unless it was the dusty classic??

Yeah, seems to be they overhyped it a bit.

Jeremy Borash appearance this week.

Also big spoiler
    unfortunately I saw the result of the main event when checking online to see if the call ups were permanent.

I was thinking they were trying to push more women, but don't think any of the 3 that came out were named

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jeremy Borash appearance this week.

Also big spoiler
    unfortunately I saw the result of the main event when checking online to see if the call ups were permanent.
    i was the same after i went back into the Network to finish of watching the Mark Henry doc on my phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Watch Keith Lee vs Dominik Dijakovic from the last night's NXT if it's the only thing you do this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Omackeral wrote: »
    Watch Keith Lee vs Dominik Dijakovic from the last night's NXT if it's the only thing you do this week.

Very good episode overall this week and that match was great. I hadn’t seen NXT in a while but it’s very easy to dip back in. Nice to see
    Sasha and Bayley back in NXT. Wonder if they might do something with them v the MMA Horsewomen?

Takeover card taking shape now. Spoilers for this week's NXT and NXT UK
    Gargano vs Cole for the vacant NXT title
    Shirai vs Sane vs Belair vs Baszler
    Dunne vs Walter for NXT UK title
    Dream vs Riddle for the North American title (likely)
    Forgotten Sons or Ricochet/Black vs War Raiders

That....looks incredible.

Like, the last few shows I've felt they didn't look good on paper but absolutely were amazing. But that show looks incredible on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I barely follow any of the stories on NXT itself but always watch the Takeovers and get very invested in the matches then. Testament to the quality of the show that they can do that. Gargano/Andrade and Kairi/Baszler when Kairi won the title had me practically cheering near falls and submissions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    I barely follow any of the stories on NXT itself but always watch the Takeovers and get very invested in the matches then. Testament to the quality of the show that they can do that. Gargano/Andrade and Kairi/Baszler when Kairi won the title had me practically cheering near falls and submissions.

Gargano/ andrade is up there with my favorite matches of all time only 2nd to hbk/taker for me

Advertisement