Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not reading spoilers.

Is war games going to be three teams again?

Richochet & War Raiders Vs. Moustache Mountain Vs. Undisputed Era?

War games should not be three teams. It's two teams of five with two rings and a roof on the cell. Anything else is like 1998 WCW messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nikki's great! Whatever happened that group she was part of? Seems they vanished.

It's sad. Killian Dane was such a breakout star and now they can't even jerk the curtain on pre-shows or get on Smackdown. Brutal call up.

NXTUK is streaming on WWE Network Wednesday October 17th, so 6 days from now. Mark it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Like I said in the Evolution thread, they needed to start soon since the NXT UK women's title is going to be there.

Wait, so that along with 205, MYC and NXT?

Wednesday nights are stacked on the Network!

I guess they could maybe screen the Women's UK Tournament as the kick off for the brand or maybe show the most important parts? Could have the champion come out without her title and just play it off as if it hasn't happened yet as it's not been screened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

WWEdnesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Good week in NXT, thought the two main matches were great.

The Tag match especially and Bobby Fish is back finally.

The Cross vs. Belair match was good too, Bianca is money. Althought the glitter all over the ring gave things a strange look :D . Also Black is back and looked pretty great, think we could be getting a much darker version of Black based on his look, which I'm all for. Felt the Full Sail crowd kinda ruined the moment a bit though.

Also the final taping before Wargames II was last night, spoiler for the Wargames match below,nothing Black related or the rest of the card.
    TUE vs War Raiders, Richochet and Dunne is the match
    Not gonna lie as well booked as that is I was hoping there'd be three teams again. Was hoping for TUE (maybe have one member stay out of it) vs. War Raiders and Ricochet vs. BSS

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    TUE vs War Raiders, Richochet and Dunne is the match
    Not gonna lie as well booked as that is I was hoping there'd be three teams again. Was hoping for TUE (less Cole to defend the NA title) vs. War Raiders and Ricochet vs. BSS
    Cole is no longer NA Champion

Loughc wrote: »
    Cole is no longer NA Champion

Well that was a dopey oversight, I was at that match ffs. Noted and edited.

Still would have liked
    BSS in there

After Cole came out early I was expecting Fish to come out. Good to see him back. Not reading the spoilers, but I would guess War Raiders teaming with someone like Oney/Danny could happen. That guess is more based on not being able to think of other teams. Though War Raiders teaming with Heavy Machinery would be a sight to see. I'm guessing we'd hear loads about their combined weight. Their combined name could be War Machine(ry) :)

Enjoyed Mauro making a random reference to Dazed & Confused.

Always nice to see a Nikki I find entertaining. Though what did Black do to Bianca?
    Black looked very like Drew McIntyre there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Latest NXT Recruits to join the Preformance Center

001_PC_RookieClass_10172018sm_0233--d728944108aef0fd1066ed1986154892.jpg

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/matt-riddle-mia-yim-chelsea-green-wwe-performance-center-class

Yer man at the back is 7 foot 3. Absolute unit.

• Advertisement

Didn't recognise Laurel Van Ness. Was sure she was taller as well. Though she looks more like I know her in that last photo.
    Wonder if they'll move away from the crazy character she's had lately in Impact, All In and Lucha Underground, where she held her own against Pentagon Dark for a pretty long match.

Was sure Mia Yim was older. Seemed like a long time since she was in TNA and seemed to be there for a long time.

Have never seen any of the others yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MASSIVE SPOILER FROM THIS WEEK.
    Johnny Gargano
    revealed as Aleister Black's parking lot attacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    MASSIVE SPOILER FROM THIS WEEK.
    Johnny Gargano
    revealed as Aleister Black's parking lot attacker

Ciampa doing stellar work on twitter as per.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Black looked a ****ing star when he stormed the ring. The kicks to the guards were phenomenal.

Even scared the cameraman into collapsing. And how smooth the kicks were, including to Lars.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Black Mass is amazing. It's just a super kick really but the spin adds so much to it.

NXT crowd really annoying this week. Talking with no mic in the ring, but couldn't hear because the crowd wouldn't shut up.

War Games match set anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Matt Riddle is the first big NXT signing I don't get.

Stoner bro in flip flops? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Matt Riddle is the first big NXT signing I don't get.

Stoner bro in flip flops? No thanks.

when you see him in a takeover match i think youll change your mind hes phenomenal in ring

How often do people just stamp on his toes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Maybe Vince feels more enthused about the stoner gimmick now. Hopefully HBK doesn't ruin Riddle with passive aggressive bad advice.

So Takeover card looking like:

TUE vs. War Raiders, Ricochet and Pete Dunne
    Ciampa vs. Velveteen Dream
    Gargano vs. Black

Not sure what will fill out the card.
    Fourth match, I'm assuming Shayna will defend. They teased Bianca getting a shot but there's been no build for it and it might just be easier to give Kairi a rematch but that's a bit stale. Unless it's a triple threat, maybe we see Jessamyn and Marina get involved.

Fifth match, this could be anything. Riddle just debuted and they keep teasing Ohno confronting him then again Ohno never really gets the spotlight at these shows. That's probably best guess. Lars is back but hasn't a feud set up. EC3 is doing nothing right now, same for Keith Lee. The Mighty and the Street Profits I assume will be taped but not aired till the week after.

Any thoughts on the rest of the card?

Kairi is owed a rematch after losing the title at Evolution so it could be that for Shayna. Lacey Evans, Bianca Belair and Nikki Cross are also credible contenders. Also Candace is there too but she's doing another programme Division is in safe hands.

I think Ohno will challenge Matt Riddle as has been hinted and as you mentioned. I'd say that's probably the card filled out. 5 matches including a a long War Games contest.

Wouldn't mind seeing Lars Sullivan vs Keith Lee at some stage but maybe not yet. I am enjoying the undercard of the tag scene with Street Profits, Oney Lorcan&Danny Burch, Street Profits and the Mighty. Add in Heavy Machinery and a Moustache Mountain and then a few Performance Centre combos (Mendoza/Carillo were great) and a some wildcard teams and we could have a very good Dusty Classic next year.

The problem with having the match at Evolution is it means less time to build a match for Takeover. So rematch seems the obvious choice, with Kairi losing to move contendership to someone else. They may keep her in the picture for a multi person match if Bianca is going to challenge since she seems to be a heel

Yeah Evolution kinda created a problem with the NXT women's match in my opinion. There's no chance for a build now and I think giving Kairi her rematch so quickly and having her lose would really kill her. It's weird how there's been no indication of the women's title at the show so far. Hopefully that takes shape next week.

Ohno and Riddle probably does seem like the best bet, it's just so weird to have Riddle only debut this week and go straight to a Takeover when the other 'hottest free agents' Keith Lee and EC3 are kinda stagnant right now.

I said before Evolution about not checking the taping reports so didn't know if the winner would be spoiled by them, but I guess they could just have something backstage.
    Or the women could be represented by a Number 1 contender match.

Ohno/Riddle could be a taped match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

With the interference from the other 4 horsewomen i wonder would they do a 6 woman tag at war games

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Madness that Belair still hasn't been featured on a TakeOver considering Vetveteen Dream and the likes consistently get featured without having a title match.

Think that's more to do with the men's to women's matches ratio. So could have 4 or 5 men's matches, but only the women's title match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Yeah I get that. That's what's maddening about it.

Advertisement