Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Utter scumbaggery:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/47272443

Not surprising really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Ridiculous carry on, hammered off 150 in November.

Rubbish. Take the blinkers off. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cyrname up to 178. 3 pounds higher than Altior. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Laurina declared tomorrow at Punchestown.

Racing TV said Blaklion was sold for £360k and will be trained by Phil Kirby. Surely that figure isn't true, mad money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

Johner wrote:
    Racing TV said Blaklion was sold for £360k and will be trained by Phil Kirby. Surely that figure isn't true, mad money.

If it's true, Barry Connells advisor must be involved ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    Crazy money

famagusta wrote: »
    If it's true, Barry Connells advisor must be involved ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    Crazy money

Mossey Joe might still win the national, he's only 16. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Johner wrote: »
    Cyrname up to 178. 3 pounds higher than Altior. :o

You couldn't make it up, they can't help themselves over there with the ratings. I hope Paul Nicholls says something about it, he trains the horse and should know.

Who is the current handicapper anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is cyrname entrred in any races at Cheltenham ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Couple of people on twitter saying it's fair as Altior only beats trees etc.. first of all thats bollix, secondly if Altior ran on Sat, there's a 0% chance all those horses would have lined up.

I expect the handicapper to be equally as dramatic in his assessment if/when Cyrname blows up in the next few months.

Ratings aren't a measure of a horses career. If you win 17 races in a row running to a rating of 175 your rating is ... 175.

If you are a 7 year old chaser (ie still going upwards) and you win a single race running to a rating of 178, your rating is 178.

That's the way it works. His rating will go down (slower than it went up) if he doesn't back it up.

The handicapper didn't really have a choice based on the horses in behind and the fact that he beat them hollow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Horses running to these levels rarely last. They over exert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is cyrname entrred in any races at Cheltenham ?

Entered in the Ryanair AFAIK but thought I heard the camp say Cheltenham is 100% not a target now but definitely for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

He’s not in the Ryanair and would need to be supplemented.

Cyname rating an absolute farce it was the same last year when Bristol De Mai was inflated because he won at his beloved Haydock in a bog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

madmoose wrote: »
    He’s not in the Ryanair and would need to be supplemented.

Cyname rating an absolute farce it was the same last year when Bristol De Mai was inflated because he won at his beloved Haydock in a bog.

Unfortunately with the way ratings are they had no choice as they are saying all horses in behind cyrname ran to there rating, but I see where your coming from and in my opinion, waiting patiently could easily have ran a stone shy of his rating, he was getting niggled far earlier than ever before.
    Politologue ran poorly in king George and could have ran to a similar level, charbel is charbel.
    The time was excellent tho, but again it was like a time trial he dictated everything and had no pressure applied.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

BumperD wrote: »
    Wonder what race killtullagh Vic will go to at the festival (if any?)
    https://twitter.com/fillyonform/status/1098191655121891329

The Mig wrote: »

Supplement? He ran a stinker the last day but if he wasn’t right, surely worth an entry unless Penhill flying at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Stick him in the Coral Cup.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Stick him in the Coral Cup.

Entered in the Coral Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This day two weeks I'll be getting me haircut, before going for a bowl of coddle and then sitting down for a few (lots) pints of stout :)

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    This day two weeks I'll be getting me haircut, before going for a bowl of coddle and then sitting down for a few (lots) pints of stout :)

Ill be on the way to the course half cut :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ill be on the way to the course half cut :pac:

W@nker!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Where is the best place to get a pint lads? I have club tickets for the Tuesday.
    I was tortured on the Saturday in November.

Earendil wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get a pint lads? I have club tickets for the Tuesday.

All bars crowded but worst time is just after a race, best just before the off as long as you don’t miss it. If you found November bad this will be no better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Earendil wrote: »

Arkle bar imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Thought the Guinness Village was grand for getting a pint myself

lemush wrote: »
    Arkle bar imo.

Not anymore! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Arkle bar imo.

Is that the one under Club? It was a shambles last year... staff barely knew how to pull a pint or to count change - and I am not exaggerating.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

BumperD wrote: »
    All bars crowded but worst time is just after a race, best just before the off as long as you don’t miss it. If you found November bad this will be no better

Best place by far is in the Sales ring by the entrance
    4 sided bar, indoors, has plenty of seats and is not too obvious to the average punter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

carq wrote: »
    Best place by far is in the Sales ring by the entrance
    4 sided bar, indoors, has plenty of seats and is not too obvious to the average punter.

Ya, that's the centour, great spot and very good after racing as a band play for about 40 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Is that the one under Club? It was a shambles last year... staff barely knew how to pull a pint or to count change - and I am not exaggerating.

I found it grand on the Tuesday and Wednesday although I was locked tbf.

Ya, that's the centour, great spot and very good after racing as a band play for about 40 minutes.

No its opposite the centaur,
    Its the place where the horses are sold on the way down to the finishing post

lemush wrote:

Ya I was too, not too bad at all. I'll be there in two weeks time, bananas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

The Mig wrote: »
    Thought the Guinness Village was grand for getting a pint myself

This ! Im going years, easy to elbow your way to a pint even on gold cup day

aidankkk wrote: »
    This ! Im going years, easy to elbow your way to a pint even on gold cup day

Elbowing someone in that environment could land you an elbow back some day !

What is everyone's schedule like on the day ?

Typically i would spend most of is in a bar somewhere, hop out for the odd race.
    Have a sit down in the centaur,

Get a pork roll or a pizza mid way through the day.

carq wrote:
    Typically i would spend most of is in a bar somewhere, hop out for the odd race. Have a sit down in the centaur,

carq wrote:
    Get a pork roll or a pizza mid way through the day.

carq wrote:
    What is everyone's schedule like on the day ?

Get there early and walk the track (not the whole thing!) We often get to have a chat with a jockey/trainer

Get a few Guinness in before the first, I watch most races in the stand or out at the rail.

And ya, pork rolls, I live on them for the few days!!

Pork bap with stuffing is my mid day food each day, they are really tasty, I should have shares in that van behind club at this stage

Pretty much the same, hit centaur each morning to do the place pot, watch some replays before taking a walk about the enclose. Sprintre sacre is in parade ring this year on day 2 I think with the annual parade of old heroes. Shopping village is good for a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was only there Gold Cup day myself and it was horrible to say the least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

That Emitom is going to be some horse next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

RTV commentator called a different race! Had emitom behind in last furlong when it was a length in front!

Johner wrote: »
    Not half as nice as Passageway unfortunately, his half brother by Califet(just turned 4) we have looks a lovely horse. He is down with Colin Bowe and will probably run in a P2P in the second half of this year.

This lad won today at Doncaster, Erne River by Califet. We sold him after he won a P2P for Colin Bowe. I thought he pulled his chance away early on but did it nicely in the end and looks a nice enough prospect.

Punchestown festival grade 1 entries were confirmed today. No Faugheen or Douvan unfortunately but still some outstanding races. The likes of Honeysuckle, Put the Kettle On, Minella Indo and Flooring Porter and that’s not including the likes of Energumene, Envoi Allen and Shishkin also among the horses that have been entered for the various races for the Punchestown festival which gets underway on Tuesday 27th April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Punchestown festival grade 1 entries were confirmed today. No Faugheen or Douvan unfortunately but still some outstanding races. The likes of Honeysuckle, Put the Kettle On, Minella Indo and Flooring Porter and that’s not including the likes of Energumene, Envoi Allen and Shishkin also among the horses that have been entered for the various races for the Punchestown festival which gets underway on Tuesday 27th April.

Wrong thread/year there lad :D

Advertisement