Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Was just trying to think who the last high profile jockey in Irish racing was that didnt get abused was and I'm struggling to be honest. It's a combination of small fields, gold fish bowl syndrome, pocket talk and probably a certain element of begrudgery as well.

Davy Russell doesn’t get much stick....over his jockeying anyway!
    He’s a fantastic horseman.
    Best irish jockey of the last few years, though based in the UK, is Noel Fehily. Ice in the veins that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Did I read that right Bumper, are u saying they want Jezki to start going over fences? At 10???!!!

Jack Kennedy has been fairly bombproof from critics in his short career so far.............plenty time yet tho!

FWIW I would be less inclined not more inclined to back a horse if BG was on it

Fehily and Jacob would be jocks I would like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Was just trying to think who the last high profile jockey in Irish racing was that didnt get abused was and I'm struggling to be honest. It's a combination of small fields, gold fish bowl syndrome, pocket talk and probably a certain element of begrudgery as well.

Its a standard that the jockeys who are on the best horses are going to get the most criticism as they are invariably on the favorites so in effect more people have bet them. Then when x jockey surprises on a horse at a big price or the supposed second string they are the new great thing.
    I find people who bet on racing compared to other sports with 1X2 outcomes have a very low tolerance of failure from when they create an opinion on something. When really you should be open minded to those things. Obviously not everyone, just a generalization i find. People form opinions and will try to find every reason under the sun as to why it didnt work out.
    Sometimes well most times in racing if you are betting you are going to be wrong. Just own it and move on. Things can be learned but stop making excuses.

Anyway just a little rant. Sorry to drag off topic :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    I wouldn't back a Geraghty ridden horse with free money.

And that's not an opinion based on myself losing money, I just think he's poison and often costs a horse lengths at an obstacle.
    Glenloe :(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't know how you can be having a go at Geraghty. While I think his level has dipped slightly in the last two seasons, he is still a top jockey.

• Advertisement

✅Samcro
    ✅Sharjah
    ✅Faugheen
    ✅Tombstone
    ✅Supasundae
    ✅Wickow Brave

All dec for Morgiana
    Still wont believe it till i see it
    No way Samcro v faugheen v Supa happens in November
    No way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Some lineup if it does happen!!

Does Tiger Roll romp today!?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Tiger Roll out for the stroll today. Be surprised if he wins

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

✅Samcro
    ✅Sharjah
    ✅Faugheen
    ✅Tombstone
    ✅Supasundae
    ✅Wickow Brave

All dec for Morgiana
    Still wont believe it till i see it
    No way Samcro v faugheen v Supa happens in November
    No way

Can't see them running Samcro given the dry weather forecast. Good chance Faugheen will run and Supasundae will relish the conditions but would be worried about race fitness for both of those. Should be entertaining.

Tiger Roll out for the stroll today. Be surprised if he wins

Yup... Elliot very positive afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Earendil wrote: »
    Davy Russell doesn’t get much stick....over his jockeying anyway!
    He’s a fantastic horseman.
    Best irish jockey of the last few years, though based in the UK, is Noel Fehily. Ice in the veins that man.

Got plenty of stick when he was the retained jockey for Gigginstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Big early season showdown in the bumper at Punchestown tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Sure is.

Does Samcro romp? Will Faugheen be back? Can Wicklow Brave go back to previous great runs?? Going to be a belter of a eace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Supasundae is a price

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

There's no way Samcro runs.

Glorious morning in Dublin, I'm wearing shorts and flip flops.

Supasundae non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

All the cash for Mt Leinster in the bumper.

Boil sports gone 11/10 on Samcro. Have backed it for today with a win giving me a free bet for the Champion Hurdle at 9/2.

11/10 Max bet a tenner. Why do they even bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lalor was very impressive in the Novice Chase at Cheltenham. Travelled powerfully and jumped quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Samcro goes to the Fighting Fifth according to Emmet Kennedy on Twitter, says he's quoting Elliott on ATR

Sommerville Boy's target too. Interesting......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Is it time to retire Faugheen ?

Is it time to retire Faugheen ?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i think so, unless he can re-invent himself as a staying hurdler.

He literally won a grade 1 on his second last start.

Judging from Willie's reaction yesterday where he looked genuinely disappointed at Faugheen, I can't help but think that maybe he let sentiment get the better of him in allowing him to run in the first place. What ever you say about 2m on fast ground not suiting Samcro, it definitely wasn't going to suit a 10 year old Faugheen who always ran best with some juice in the going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Willie talking about Laurina in the RP this morning, saying the owners want to go for the Champion Hurdle but more realistically she'll go for the Mares Hurdle

Anyone else think Beavau Dair is a very good horse, but a very lucky horse who would not be in the same league as previous winners on the CH?
    To win 2 in a row is a massive achievement but for me, if a fully fit Faugheen had been around, it beats BD, I also think a younger Jezki, Tent would beat it. Annie, even maybe VVM.

I just don't think its that "great" and I would fully expect Samcro if it stays up, or especially Laurina to beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Anyone else think Beavau Dair is a very good horse, but a very lucky horse who would not be in the same league as previous winners on the CH?
    To win 2 in a row is a massive achievement but for me, if a fully fit Faugheen had been around, it beats BD, I also think a younger Jezki, Tent would beat it. Annie, even maybe VVM.

I just don't think its that "great" and I would fully expect Samcro if it stays up, or especially Laurina to beat it.

I'd wager with the mares allowance none of them would touch Annie

Advertisement