Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Apologies chaps, jumped the gun there! :o

So it seems Samcro made the ferry and Kemboy didnt.....Kemboy on a sesh last night!!

Got me thinking, Gordon doesn't send a whole pile of horses to the UK. He ain't sending Samcro for the craic. Is he using Mick Jazz as a form line as to why Samcro should beat BD??

Could have stayed home and ran on Sunday V AJ but he is going for it.

My instinct all along has been to swerve BD, just watch Samcro and see how it goes this time, and chuck a score on Summerville Boy at 4/1, but the more I think about it..........as I said, He ain't sending the horse to Newcastle for the craic of it!!

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

He is sending Samcro over to find out if he is a champion hurdle horse or not that is the reason.

I wouldn't be backing him just because he is sending him over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Apologies chaps, jumped the gun there! :o

So it seems Samcro made the ferry and Kemboy didnt.....Kemboy on a sesh last night!!

Got me thinking, Gordon doesn't send a whole pile of horses to the UK. He ain't sending Samcro for the craic. Is he using Mick Jazz as a form line as to why Samcro should beat BD??

Could have stayed home and ran on Sunday V AJ but he is going for it.

My instinct all along has been to swerve BD, just watch Samcro and see how it goes this time, and chuck a score on Summerville Boy at 4/1, but the more I think about it..........as I said, He ain't sending the horse to Newcastle for the craic of it!!

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

Has anywhere got it priced yet? I think/hope with the samcro hype there could be something like 11/8 offered for Buveur dair and I don't think I can pass it up if I can get it. A double champion hurdle winner that hasn't lost a race since the 2016 supreme against an improving handicapper in bedrock, a horse that has had 2 starts outside of Novice company(Samcro), fell in one and got beat by said handicapper in the other and then Somerville boy who is thrown in at the deepend on his first start in open company.

I really hope it's a good race but in truth if Buver dair is fit and well he should be winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Has anywhere got it priced yet? I think/hope with the samcro hype there could be something like 11/8 offered for Buveur dair and I don't think I can pass it up if I can get it. A double champion hurdle winner that hasn't lost a race since the 2016 supreme against an improving handicapper in bedrock, a horse that has had 2 starts outside of Novice company(Samcro), fell in one and got beat by said handicapper in the other and then Somerville boy who is thrown in at the deepend on his first start in open company.

I really hope it's a good race but in truth if Buver dair is fit and well he should be winning.

Ladbrokes opened 6/4 BD 7/4 Samcro.
    Still 11/8 BD last i checked. How much you'd get on today is another question.

The 6/4 was probably an insult. I think somewhere in the region of Evens to 5/4 is the correct price.

There is 9/4 Samcro out there. Unibet i think. Which is probably just over where id have it also.
    Im finding it hard to split them at the prices myself and really im not interested in anything away from the 2.
    Ill probably stick to the Ladbrokes trophy for a betting medium on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Putting up two for the weekend now to see how they get on before the decs.

Big River 8/1 - Rehersal Chase Newcastle Saturday

Discorama 10/1 Drinmore - Sunday

Both ew i can see both being shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Kalashnakov out tomorrow at Plumpton

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »

Looking Forward to it, i was rather underwhelmed with his debut and surprised with the plaudits he received. Looked More a Jlt Horse to me. Hopefully he improves tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What happened American ? He was fancied on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Harry let his sister in law ride it, thats what happened

akelly02 wrote: »
    Harry let his sister in law ride it, thats what happened

Thats Bull****. Horse is a sulker and did what he does best. You could have Ruby Or AP Or Carberry in their prime and itd make no difference, he decides when he's on it.

Thats Bull****. Horse is a sulker and did what he does best. You could have Ruby Or AP Or Carberry in their prime and itd make no difference, he decides when he's on it.

when has he sulked before like that ?

• Advertisement

when has he sulked before like that ?

Last years race. Could argue the Gold up too but that might be harsh as hes not that level and could be he just didnt have the ability.
    He is good but not one i'd ever trust.

Last years race. Could argue the Gold up too but that might be harsh as hes not that level and could be he just didnt have the ability.
    He is good but not one i'd ever trust.

no, he made a mistake at the water in last years race IIRC and was never travelling after. I backed him that day so im fairly sure thats what happened

The gold cup he wes hopelessly outclassed and it was run in a swamp so i can forgive him that

no, he made a mistake at the water in last years race IIRC and was never travelling after. I backed him that day so im fairly sure thats what happened

The gold cup he wes hopelessly outclassed and it was run in a swamp so i can forgive him that

Apparently he came back in with an overreach injury last year if my memory is working but i remember watching the race and thinking Look at this dog sulking when he can't get the lead, that was early on.I'd say he might've suffered the injury in the mistake youre referring to but dummy was spat out by then.
    When hes on it hes good but i really think he decides when he's on and the Jockey just has to let him at it, hence claiming a few lb the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »

Impressive 2nd run (missed his first). Good to see him in there taking progressive steps towards the Arkle

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What happened American ? He was fancied on here.

He’s an absolute hound

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Who wins the Tingle Creek?

Ground potentially going to be very soft. I suppose if there's ever a time to beat Altior it's first time out on soft ground.

UDS for me at 6s after he was confirmed earlier. I think only 4 or 5 go to post for this if I'm reading it right!

I've given up trying to get Altior beat. He's a beast and I think could be even better if they stepped him up in trip. If Uds is going the 6's ew would be a fair bet now if there's 3 places available, hell surely be in the first 3 but can't see him beating Altior.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Altuir is out of the tingle creek

Edit: Actually scrap that looks like he still in, thought I saw he a non runner but must be dreaming it

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Altuir is out of the tingle creek

Where is this coming from?

Seems there’s a million front runners in this . Sceau royale could have a lovely run of Daryl plays his cards right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Bellshill V Min V Percy on Sunday

will ruby ride Bellshill?

Cant have Min

Will the trip suit Percy?

Will be some race!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Bellshill V Min V Percy on Sunday

will ruby ride Bellshill?

Cant have Min

Will the trip suit Percy?

Will be some race!!

why could you not have min ? dont think another 4 furlongs will make much difference to him , The only horse around that can beat him is altior who is well on his way to being up there with sprinter sacre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Slattsy wrote: »
    Who wins the Tingle Creek?

Ground potentially going to be very soft. I suppose if there's ever a time to beat Altior it's first time out on soft ground.

UDS for me at 6s after he was confirmed earlier. I think only 4 or 5 go to post for this if I'm reading it right!

If its very soft UDS is near unbeatable. Id imagine if it turns heavy then Altior wont run, neither would Sceau.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

aidankkk wrote: »
    If its very soft UDS is near unbeatable. Id imagine if it turns heavy then Altior wont run, neither would Sceau.

Into 4s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

why could you not have min ? dont think another 4 furlongs will make much difference to him , The only horse around that can beat him is altior who is well on his way to being up there with sprinter sacre

Apart from the times within the last year when 5 other horses have also beat him.

Politilogue says hello

Are you thinking of another horse there Aurora??
    Min hasn't won a race of real note against another top class opponent in AGES!

Only horse to beat him is Altior? Huh?

Bellshill is my pick of the WPM horses
    Still think (hope) percy wins

Slattsy wrote: »
    Into 4s

There is a bit of 6/1 available. Just looking at forecast and its just rain rain and more rain.

All that said, its not like Altior has no form on soft. Itll be a great race either way

Just a note of caution re Tingle Creek
    I am a huge UDS fan, if he goes off around the 5's mark i will have a bit
    but..........
    People thinking he is unbeatable on heavy....

He was beaten by a pretty average horse on heavy last march
    ok over a shorter trip but he was very uncomfortable for a large portion of that race and was beaten by the 2m mark

Just don't get carried away that he is "unbeatable" with cut in the ground

He ain't

No horse is

• Advertisement

Just a note of caution re Tingle Creek
    I am a huge UDS fan, if he goes off around the 5's mark i will have a bit
    but..........
    People thinking he is unbeatable on heavy....

He was beaten by a pretty average horse on heavy last march
    ok over a shorter trip but he was very uncomfortable for a large portion of that race and was beaten by the 2m mark

Just don't get carried away that he is "unbeatable" with cut in the ground

He ain't

No horse is

He's obviously not unbeatable but i do mean if its heavy. And that loss was over 2m5f. around here on heavy he will be a treat to any horse and the 4/6 adn 6/1 differance is far too big

Advertisement