Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ordered something online and it was due to be delivered this week.
    Tracking just updated and it now won’t be delivered until next week.
    I need it on Saturday, so it’s feck all use being delivered next week :mad:

Is it at a depot? if it is maybe you could go pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Is it at a depot? if it is maybe you could go pick it up?

Unfortunately not, according to the tracking it’s in Manchester :(

I’ll have to head to an actual shop and physically purchase something now.

The horror and effort of it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Dove moisturiser emulsifier. Leaves me mummified and smelling like faeries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Did two age tests - both guessed 41!

2 years out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I rdered something on Amazon during Prime Days and estimated delivery is between 25 Oct and 25 Dec :eek:
    Might have it for Christmas so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's flies in your wine time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I rdered something on Amazon during Prime Days and estimated delivery is between 25 Oct and 25 Dec :eek:
    Might have it for Christmas so!

Of what year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Need to put eye drops in my dog's eyes, but he won't let me.

But he needs them.

Breaking my heart here.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Being afraid of what's coming next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Did two age tests - both guessed 41!

2 years out!

Not bad for a 39 year old ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People arguing in an extremely repetitive fashion in threads. Not bringing anything new to the discussion, just the same crap back and forth over and over and over and over in what would otherwise be an interesting thread.

Now, please move your fcuking bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Shemale wrote: »
    Not bad for a 39 year old ;)

Lol cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On the way into work this morning, Ian Dempsey show carried a news item about one of the colleges in Limerick (I think UL) introducing LGBT-only accommodation.

How is this not discrimination? I mean its hard enough for students to find affordable accommodation in the current climate as it is without this virtue signalling going on.

Imagine a landlord refusing tenants on ethnic/sexuality/gender grounds, and the uproar that would follow? This is the other side of the coin, but how is it any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The majority of songs in the last 10 years with the same line repeated 30 times in 3 minutes, chorus me bollix, lazy writing.

Its like that Stena ad, sing "Its the little things in life" one more time, I dare you, I double dare you..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Head to NI climbing frames....
    Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There's a poster going through and commenting on various Christmas threads meaning they are popping up on the latest posts page and one by one ratcheting up my level of angst.

If anyone knows them, tell them I'm ringing every Liam Neeson from the phone book until I find the one with the right skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Feeling really tired and drained today, the last thing I want to be doing is going to work :(

There's a poster going through and commenting on various Christmas threads meaning they are popping up on the latest posts page and one by one ratcheting up my level of angst.

If anyone knows them, tell them I'm ringing every Liam Neeson from the phone book until I find the one with the right skills.
    Tell him that I'm behind him in the queue:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That thread "Headlines that would make no sense twenty years ago" is annoying me. Half of the offerings aren't even headlines, just statements. I mean, when were...and why would these be headlines?

"A short man playing a guy in films, who is blonde, tall and muscular in novels that the films are based on."

"The Simpsons hasn't been funny or relevant for quite some time".

"Snowflakes get offended that there is no vegetarian sausage rolls at music festival."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The Mail Online app. It’s constantly skipping out of stories when I’m reading something. Can’t a girl just read her trash in peace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Does Donald Trump not realise they he is an immigrant too? As are all white, black, Hispanic, Asian people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Some body changed the setting on my work computer, now the text is huge and the way web pages is set out is irritating, most annoying, the print and set up for my twitter is sooooo big, blind freddie could read it from across the road!!!

Spent most of the am trying to get it back to the way it was and nothing has worked, the IT guru will not be happy with having to fix this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Does Donald Trump not realise they he is an immigrant too? As are all white, black, Hispanic, Asian people.

So are American Indians if you go back far enough.
    US is a crazy place at the moment. So happy I don't live there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bredabe wrote: »
    Some body changed the setting on my work computer, now the text is huge and the way web pages is set out is irritating, most annoying, the print and set up for my twitter is sooooo big, blind freddie could read it from across the road!!!

Spent most of the am trying to get it back to the way it was and nothing has worked, the IT guru will not be happy with having to fix this.

Hold the CTRL button on your keyboard and use the roller ball on your mouse to resize.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m a moron. Am checked into hotel for a wedding and as id planned on making a quick escape in the morning I only brought leggings and a t shirt, and completely forgot to bring shoes to wear home. So the only shoes I have are the high heels I’ve on me.
    Fab

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Hold the CTRL button on your keyboard and use the roller ball on your mouse to resize.
    Or if you like pressing the keys, hold CTRL and then the - or +.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m a moron. Am checked into hotel for a wedding and as id planned on making a quick escape in the morning I only brought leggings and a t shirt, and completely forgot to bring shoes to wear home. So the only shoes I have are the high heels I’ve on me.
    Fab

You’ll be be a sight for sore eyes looking like that in the morning. Dirty stop out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Waking up the next morning after trawling through boards and finding the Utd thread open on my phone. Makes me feel dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fab

See if there's flip flops in a basket in the Ladies ?
    Done that at daughters wedding and they vanished like hotcakes and most wore them later that night :)
    Have a great day !

TA , ahhmm , can't decide what to do for dinner .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    See if there's flip flops in a basket in the Ladies ?
    Done that at daughters wedding and they vanished like hotcakes and most wore them later that night :)
    Have a great day !

TA , ahhmm , can't decide what to do for dinner .

or make shoes out of tissue boxes.....pro tip, leave a few tissues in the box for a cushioning effect

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement