Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Haven’t spoken to a sinner all day. Boyfriend just text to say he’s staying out after work. Times like this I wish the telly could talk back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Haven’t spoken to a sinner all day. Boyfriend just text to say he’s staying out after work. Times like this I wish the telly could talk back

Sounds like heaven to me right now. Wanna swap?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I clicked on "Mark all forums as read" by accident... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Two Johnnies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The Two Johnnies!

About as funny as a kidney infection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

mikemac2 wrote: »
    People on the train who put it on speaker and hold the phone in front of their face

Everyone then gets to listen to both sides of the conversation

Why do this ?? :confused: It actually takes more effort that operating the phone like you normally do

Also any phone conversation on public transport should be quick and to the point, no long chats and hearing someone's personal business.

Was heading on the last bus from a night out in Dublin recently and this young lad was going into in depth details on the phone on his sex life :eek:
    I had to go and tell him to stop broadcasting that ****e to the whole bus and he did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When people call shops "stores"

I'm not here to store, I'm here to shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Women who carry their handbag in the crook of their extended arm, obviously some "celebrity" was spotted doing this some years ago and like lemmings they followed, it doesn't even look comfortable. Team that with a take out coffee cup and a scarf that covers most of their front. You know the sort, ye look ridiculous ladies.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sometimes the handles aren't long enough to allow you to bring them up to your shoulder, yet they're too long for you to carry it by the handles as the bag would hit you on the legs at every step. Or the bag is very heavy, or you need to have your hands free. So yes, sometimes it's just a pose, but not always.

But do you know what annoys me? When you write a reply and when you go to post it you get a blank screen and you have to start typing all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I bought a plastic screen protecter my mobile phone from Amazon. Does the job and I’m happy

Now Amazon spam me with emails suggesting to buy a plastic screen protecter

Why would I would to buy another :confused: You don’t buy lots and lots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Intenet cafés with the latest PC technology but they need to handwrite a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Madam rolly eyes from my uni workshops who txt me on whatsapp to say how the class missed me at todays function, about three times now.
    So called as she would roll her eyes when ever I spoke in class as I took too long in her opinion to get to a point. Ta'ed that I can't figure out why she would txt me at all.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My ex got a letter from hmg to ask him for details re his residency/citizenship, posted to his psychiatric hospital room.
    FFS at least wait until his ptsd is under control!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Left my car to be cleaned at 12.30. STILL not done and I have work at 5 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

You are good to go.

It's been lashing pretty much all day. This morning the ice-cream van came around belting out its regular music. This afternoon it did another round, but this time it was playing "Jingle Bells". Now, as much as I like Christmas, this sounded a lot like the children's version of a boobie trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭gifted

Re runs of Jamie Oliver cooking Christmas dinners on the food channel.....it's a few years old ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

mikemac2 wrote: »
    People on the train who put it on speaker and hold the phone in front of their face

Everyone then gets to listen to both sides of the conversation

Why do this ?? :confused: It actually takes more effort that operating the phone like you normally do
    I usually use speaker because when I hold my phone to my ear, my ear presses loads of buttons :o I wouldn't do it in a public place though, I'd use ear phones.

My own lethargy today is giving laziness a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Sitting in the Art of Coffee Grand Canal Quay this morning. This one sitting beside me talking to her friend at the top of her voice. Why do people need to speak so loud when they talk? Her friend was able to talk in a normal voice.

Yes...you in the green and black jumper....

• Advertisement

When there's a new special in Lidl and someone takes it out of the box to see if they like it. They do but they put the opened item back and take a new one. Fecks sake like. You're going to open it again when you get home so why would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who dont like you when you play their game..My darling beloved tonight when i wanted him to pay for something in one transaction.I had stuff to buy as well,but its was easier in 1 transaction.He had a moan about it being awkward.And he he mentioned it about being split.And he was to buy his stuff and me mine. Fine.

He went to eat my chocolate and i took it off him.Petty,yes.But you cant have it both ways.Hes gone to bed in a huff.Told me to enjoy my chocolate.So i did

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm only responsible for what I say.
    You are responsible for what you hear.

Two things I have no time for, self pitying sulkers, and having to correct the presumptions of bad minded people reading the wrong things into what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My new fitted shirt makes me look like I have four breasts and two stomachs.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    When there's a new special in Lidl and someone takes it out of the box to see if they like it. They do but they put the opened item back and take a new one. Fecks sake like. You're going to open it again when you get home so why would you do that?

This is why I could never work in a public facing job. I would go mad at someone doing that. Like whats the train of thought there?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Ah Penneys.Bought my son pjs in a box,got them home and the trousers are an x large,He looks like MC Hammer going round.:D

Brought them back and exchanged them no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That horrible c**t currently circulating on social media because he has his daughter's virginity verified. Or so he thinks-its a myth. All his repulsive mistreatment of her is for nothing anyway.

And TA the sad old god****es guffing on said threads on Facebook about "deflowering" girls ( in their childish fantasies that is)

That horrible c**t currently circulating on social media because he has his daughter's virginity verified. Or so he thinks-its a myth. All his repulsive mistreatment of her is for nothing anyway.

And TA the sad old god****es guffing on said threads on Facebook about "deflowering" girls ( in their childish fantasies that is)
    I had to google that. What an as$hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I bought a strawberry yop the other day. Sore throat so it was the only thing I could face swallowing. It wasn't even pink and tasted artificial. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When i'm typing a message on Facebook Messenger on my phone and accidentally hit the return key and the message goes off incomplete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement