Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I thought Gwyneth and her 'uncoupling' was bad enough..

She needs a partner strong enough to to pull her head out of her own arse.

My TA is while I admit it's a bit early to be playing it...Fairy Tale of New York is a great song and ye have me all pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Self Partnered ?
    Wtf ?
    Since when has the word Single become so unmentionable that it had to be replaced with self partnered ?

It's like something you'd read on the FB thread :p

Spare us the gross details, celebs!
    They'll go a step further and say self lover too :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I am finally warm and all cozy n bed, but I need to pee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Be right back

Spare us the gross details, celebs!
    They'll go a step further and say self lover too :(

Most celebs think we are interested in the finer details of their lives..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When a thread you had been contributing too about why Irish people were seemingly drinking less suddenly vanishes from the site despite everything staying pretty civil on it the last time you looked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you arrange to meet up with someone and you tell them you’ll text them at a certain point beforehand to see how they’re fixed. So you do and they say they’re out and won’t be home for an hour. Grand says I, text me when you’re home and we’ll sort something. But then they don’t. And you hear nothing from them for the rest of the day. Like okay I get that stuff comes up but it’s not hard to send a text.

Never mind that, they were the one pushing to meet up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Conscious uncoupling a la Gwyneth Paltrow, though...I liked that one. Although "amicable" works too.

TA people whose manner changes based on who they're currently chatting up/dating. E.g.. The sudden usage of "yeah" and lots of yellow faced emoticons and Americanisms from someone who's normally quite formal and precise in their wording. What next? Mild Jamaican street slang? "Good morning impressionable friend, how are you?" "I'm peng tanks blud". You're 40 +years old and Irish you d1ckhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Everything is “I have to do this”. I used to be a “So, I do this next “ person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA I didn't know, or had forgotten,Leonard Cohen had died ! till yesterday.
    Another TA is I've had a cough/cold for a month now and my nostrils are itchy from wiping

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In what has to be the longest que in Lidl with what has to be the slowest shop assistant in history. I only have two things as well. Everyone in front avoiding eye contact for fear id ask can I go ahead. Why don’t Lidl have a self service ffs? Useless badgers. Feeling murderous

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »
    TA I didn't know, or had forgotten,Leonard Cohen had died ! till yesterday.
    Another TA is I've had a cough/cold for a month now and my nostrils are itchy from wiping

It's sad. He was a mensch (a good guy). Wonderful creative brain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In what has to be the longest que in Lidl with what has to be the slowest shop assistant in history. I only have two things as well. Everyone in front avoiding eye contact for fear id ask can I go ahead. Why don’t Lidl have a self service ffs? Useless badgers. Feeling murderous

When I was in Lidl last week, there was one really long queue and one shortish one. The long one was being held up by some folk roaring at the young lad who looks like he has just been weaned off the breast to check the fooking cameras.

I was in and out quicker than my first born being conceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am finding this whole winter thing a bit of a TA. All the cold and the wet and the wind.
    Wish we could just go from summer to a blast of snow and then into spring.

I might petition the Healy-Rae's on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Leaving the ice cream out for a few to soften. Getting distracted with something. Then returning to find goop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Have felt great all week but feel really sh!tty today, no energy, bit of a woozy head, slight stomach rumblings, etc. Nothing major, but I have a fairly big night out planned for tonight that I've really been looking forward to, and now I'm thinking it might be ruined due to being just slightly run down.

Wish I could go to sleep for a couple of hours, but I don't think the boss would be too happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

I might petition the Healy-Rae's on this.

And then in turn they can petition God on your behalf. Good thinking.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When I was in Lidl last week, there was one really long queue and one shortish one. The long one was being held up by some folk roaring at the young lad who looks like he has just been weaned off the breast to check the fooking cameras.

I was in and out quicker than my first born being conceived.

So, no foreplay? :pac:
    Lirange wrote: »
    Leaving the ice cream out for a few to soften. Getting distracted with something. Then returning to find goop.

Stick a straw in it and voilà, "milkshake"!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

They've been upgrading the work mobile phones in the office over the past week. The default ringtone on the new phones is set to max volume and keeps scaring the bejasus outta me every time it goes off. People usually spend an age trying to find a decent ringtone then. If I hear 'Hello Moto' one more time...…...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I think today's winner is the person who now insists upon calling what we used to term, in our evidently less politically sensitive days, "single" people as "self-partnered" people.

I must have missed the part where anyone was insisting on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I must have missed the part where anyone was insisting on it.
    I'm a step behind that again, having only just heard of the phrase through this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Last year Tayto and King boxes had 20 packets in them and this year they have 18!

These are €4 in Dunnes but a box of mixed Walker crisps are also €4 but you get 25 bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Despite being sick, I've taken it into my head to clear out the attic in my ensuite, it's so crammed that I can't find anything quickly and without a lovely collection of bruises for my troubles.

Space in the whole unit is very tight and I keep backing into open doors to get out of the attic and tripping over boxes I have left out to sort or dispose of. Down Stairs doors are just as ta just in the reverse, they keep swinging into me.

The most ta of it, is that if I left this stuff lying around the bin monster would wreck them without a thought, so nowhere safe to put them while I sort it all.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

She needs a partner strong enough to to pull her head out of her own arse.

My TA is while I admit it's a bit early to be playing it...Fairy Tale of New York is a great song and ye have me all pissed off!
    I don’t know what’s worse, the playing of Fairytale New York or the complaints about the playing of Fairytale of New York because of that word. I’ll just stick to my usual complaining about the complaining about the playing of Fairytale of New York.

Posts reported!

😛😝

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I managed to fall up the stairs with a glass of cranberry juice in my hand. Since the stairs are open tread the juice splattered through them and down the wall. FML.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At least you don't have a cream carpet... or do you... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

New Home wrote: »
    At least you don't have a cream carpet... or do you... :eek:

No, thank God :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

People on the train who put it on speaker and hold the phone in front of their face

Everyone then gets to listen to both sides of the conversation

Why do this ?? :confused: It actually takes more effort that operating the phone like you normally do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I rarely meet customers and normally work at home Fridays. However, as a favour for a colleague who is absent, I agreed to come in and meet a client today - primarily to try and resolve a complaint. Friday is normally dress down but given the circumstances, I wore a shirt and tie.

Before the meeting I managed to get yogurt on my shirt that could not be covered by the tie.

Train home now delayed.

Sequins. If you want to make a garment look unspeakably cheap and tacky, just add sequins.

Followed in the clothing trends I hate list by : Cold shoulders (cosy jumpers rendered useless)
    Peplum hems (looks like a thread was caught and pulled hard)
    Calling anything "boho".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I managed to fall up the stairs with a glass of cranberry juice in my hand. Since the stairs are open tread the juice splattered through them and down the wall. FML.

Username checks out ☺

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement