Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My gas oven won't light with the pilot light and both my kitchen sink taps are broken in different ways (cold taps pipe is officially diagnosed as F.U.C.k.E.d and I have a spare set of taps somewhere that I cannot find) but buggerit I have a cooker and running water ( albeit either from the hot water tank or outside tap) so it's definitely trivial. I can have a gas ignited for 3.50 by tomorrow afternoon courtesy of Tesco Ireland.

gifted wrote: »
    Children with smartphones....should be illegal, parents should be prosecuted. Three 10 year old sitting on the wall yesterday evening and they all playing on the bloody things.

…. and who are they getting that example from I wonder??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Guy that I thought things were going well with unmatched me on Tinder. Wow rude :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I drop my grandchild to primary school for 9.20 opening.

What gets me is the people who are always arriving as I leave, making them at least five minutes late. Sure, everyone can be late now and again, but being late by the same amount each day must send a very poor message to the children. If you can always make it five minutes late, surely you can be on time.

I considered that some may be dropping smaller children to creches and cannot get there sooner. Also thought I was only one who noticed, but it was commented on by several people this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Guy that I thought things were going well with unmatched me on Tinder. Wow rude :rolleyes:

Apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Christmas. Can someone just wake me up when it’s all over please. Or better yet, someone invent glasses that filter out all things Christmas. Not being a Scrooge, I usually don’t mind it and don’t begrudge anyone’s enjoyment of it. I just can’t this year.

The problem with adopting an old dog is that you wind up buying things like doggy steps so he can get on the sofa, and then he gets on the sofa and sits in your spot, when you really want to sit in your spot. I guess it's his spot now.

TA there's an old doggy taking up half the sofa and I'm sitting on the floor. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Christmas. Can someone just wake me up when it’s all over please. Or better yet, someone invent glasses that filter out all things Christmas. Not being a Scrooge, I usually don’t mind it and don’t begrudge anyone’s enjoyment of it. I just can’t this year.

I'm in a minority among my friends in that I've never been a fan of Christmas. Not since Santa stopped visiting anyway (should probably behave myself a bit more during the year). Its better in recent years in that I can have a bit of craic with the nieces and nephews, but in general, its a dark and depressing time of year, and a ton of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Candie wrote: »
    The problem with adopting an old dog is that you wind up buying things like doggy steps so he can get on the sofa, and then he gets on the sofa and sits in your spot, when you really want to sit in your spot. I guess it's his spot now.

TA there's an old doggy taking up half the sofa and I'm sitting on the floor. :(
    Could you get him a new bed and put it on the floor with something that smells like you? Get him used to that and take away the steps. Everyone's happy.

Apologies.

Ah no need to apologise, just a bit of an annoyance

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Could you get him a new bed and put it on the floor with something that smells like you? Get him used to that and take away the steps. Everyone's happy.

He's now on the floor with something that smells like me. It's me. :P

We're just too soft with him, he's had a rough ride in life and he's terrified of loud voices or even just strict commands so finding the happy medium is taking a while. It's early days still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Walking along corridor at work and just room for two people to pass and the people coming to meet you just keep walking shoulder to shoulder. I used to turn sideways and basically hug the wall so there is no collision but now I make sure to hold my space and drop the shoulder if they refuse to move in.

Think it's an ego thing that one of them doesn't want to be the one to walk behind , or they are totally oblivious to other people
    Love this . Ur a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Candie wrote: »
    He's now on the floor with something that smells like me. It's me. :P

We're just too soft with him, he's had a rough ride in life and he's terrified of loud voices or even just strict commands so finding the happy medium is taking a while. It's early days still :)

Aw the poor little pet. You did a lovely thing in taking him, it makes me so happy to hear of these mistreated dogs now being spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People filing their nails on the bus. Thank you for releasing particles of yourself into the air for us all to inhale. Dirtbirds.

People who add "-ster: to the end of my shortened name. Not only is it deeply irritating, they've just lengthened my name for short, longer than my full name?! Eejit.
    Generally people choosing what to call you and disregarding what they've been told you're ok with them calling you.

Think I’ve blown a speaker in the car :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Where do all the teaspoons in my house go to? I will have to do a tour around to gather them up (hopefully)
    TA - people who can’t put their teaspoons in the sink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Think I’ve blown a speaker in the car :(

Reminds me of the time myself and John Bercow went for a spin...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Eleysian wrote: »
    Where do all the teaspoons in my house go to? I will have to do a tour around to gather them up (hopefully)

They hide in the missing socks .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Eleysian wrote: »

Mine used to go missing years ago.Until i found out my son used to throw them away with the yogurts:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People who add "-ster: to the end of my shortened name. Not only is it deeply irritating, they've just lengthened my name for short, longer than my full name?! Eejit.
    Generally people choosing what to call you and disregarding what they've been told you're ok with them calling you.

On that note, how is Jack the short for John?!? :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the time myself and John Bercow went for a spin...

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Putting herself's number on an important form instead of mine by accident because I'm a rubberhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Is there a road in Ireland not being dug up? Ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Aw the poor little pet. You did a lovely thing in taking him, it makes me so happy to hear of these mistreated dogs now being spoiled.

Me too. People who rescue dogs, especially the ones who don't have great prospects are my heroes! Puppies are cute, but it takes a long time to make a soul as sweet as an old dog's. Every ounce of love and kindness he gets now is offsetting his sad past :)

I'm in on the Christmas misery too. Have had a really tough year family wise - realising that people are not who I thought they were, family siding with abuser and expecting me to keep hush about it all... I am just not in the mood for faux happy families and merriment. It all feels so fake now. :( I'm also growing a human so won't be able to drink :mad::mad: Will just compensate with food! :P

TA it has become Christmas overnight. The last Halloween firework hadn't even gone off and the decorations were up. Saw a good one yesterday, "to all those people putting their decorations up early, relax - Mary hasn't even told Joseph she's pregnant yet" :):)

Is there a road in Ireland not being dug up? Ffs!!

They are just aimlessly spending money digging up roads so they blow their budget and can put in for the same amount next year. Our road is in shít, massive TA of mine right now - the incessant rain into potholes does not help!

The Unspeakable Horror of wondering if your extra long plait really did just swoop into and smack off the hair removal cream under your arm. Should I douse the whole thing in the shower and then spend ages blow dryng it again or just trust to providence that it was paranoia? Nothing's fallen off yet.

Understand that I would never normally speak of such things but it's my fu**ing hair were talking about here.

The Unspeakable Horror of wondering if your extra long plait really did just swoop into and smack off the hair removal cream under your arm. Should I douse the whole thing in the shower and then spend ages blow dryng it again or just trust to providence that it was paranoia? Nothing's fallen off yet.

Understand that I would never normally speak of such things but it's my fu**ing hair were talking about here.

It would only be effective at the roots anyway. It doesn't actually dissolve hair, just the follicles I think.

TA feeling hungry and it's not even midday yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Shop cashiers who snap the money out of your hands when you're paying. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nordie accents. Any of them on radio or tv, I switch straight away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement