Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Pizza in Town

• 12-10-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Well lads, anyone know of a really nice place to get a pizza in town, have a mad hankering for one all of a sudden but when I think of what's on offer; Dominos (greasy) Four Star (Dry) Pizza Hut (meh) Gino's (overrated IMO) I'm sure there are some nice local places people could recommend? And yes, I'm aware my post make me look like the Goldilocks of take-away pizza. :) Heard good things about Stan's Tasty Bites in Kilcohan?

Where would YOU go for Pizza? 61 votes

Dominos Pizza
    0% 0 votes
    Four Star
    27% 17 votes
    Pizza Hut
    3% 2 votes
    Apache Pizza
    11% 7 votes
    Coney Island
    8% 5 votes
    Soprano's Pizza
    29% 18 votes
    Mizzoni's
    8% 5 votes
    Florin's Pizza
    9% 6 votes
    Other
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sopranos across from Storm Cinemas. Currently my favourite pizza bar the Chicago town ones you buy in the shop :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Mizzonis for me :-) oh, and Domino's double decadence when its just after payday haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Sopranos. nom nom nom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

apache pizza in Johns street, its only gorgeous, the nicest of them all I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Coney Island special, you can't go wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I have loved Coney Island since I was a young fella and still do. Florins ain't bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

La Fontana do a very nice pizza using top quality ingredients.

The only time I was ever in Apache I asked whether they use Mozzarella and none of the staff including the cook knew. Time to leave at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I had forgotten about ALL those places! Ha, thanks for the replies! Now ye mention it, I have heard lots of good things about Sopranos. Do Apache still do that meal deal for a fiver where you get a little small pizza, chip and a can? That was nice and handy to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Is Sopranos not gone? Pizza hut in there now IIRC.

As a side note. When I finally come to power those that like thin base pizzas will be the first to be cut adrift........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Coney Island is the best option in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

ziedth wrote: »
    Is Sopranos not gone? Pizza hut in there now IIRC.

As a side note. When I finally come to power those that like thin base pizzas will be the first to be cut adrift........

godfather your thinking of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm a little obsessed with the espresso and brasserie pizzas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm a little obsessed with the espresso and brasserie pizzas

Espresso, yeah forgot about those. Was never keen on the food in Brasserie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The BBQ chicken pizzas in the brasserie are very filling but top notch. I can't really comment on the other food (except the chips, which I was never a fan of but I think they've changed now) cause I only eat pizza there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dying to try one from la taverna. Supposed to be savage

I don't like the chips in espresso, tho! lol

Sully wrote: »
    I don't like the chips in espresso, tho! lol

Pizzas man pizzas. Stay on topic or your banned. Hahaha. Go me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Coney Island is really nice, pizza hut is good too then id say apache.. Not as greasy as dominos. I should try some more places though as they're the only four I've tried.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

seanybiker wrote: »

+1
    There fantastic, you get a huge pizza with a scissors to cut it!

I like florrins too.

michellie wrote: »
    +1

I like florrins too.
    a scissors and all? That sounds amazeballs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They are to die for, but different, not a take away type thing.

Best give yourself some time, its a bit of a rush to get one inside a 1 hr lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

+1

I like florrins too.
    a scissors and all? That sounds amazeballs.

Yea a scissors! It's fab really, drooling thinking of it now :) I've only been in there in the evening and its nice and quiet .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 al20v

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Coney Island

Its just Unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Pizzas man pizzas. Stay on topic or your banned. Hahaha. Go me

Hey Seanie! Are you a mod?

Where were you when I was banned?

Friends in low places & all that!!! :rolleyes:

I'd say Mod powers would completely go to Seany's head! :P Told my gf I was mad after pizza, was going to through all the suggestions with her when I got home and pick one but in the meantime she went and bought a frozen Aldi one! To be fair, the 'fresh' pizzas are nice enough there but the outer crust of the frozen one was impervious to my pizza cutter (after cooking it of course) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

This thread needs a poll.
    Ive never really tried any pizza places aside from the main places (dominoes, pizza hut, godfathers). I've been eying up all the pizzerias in town over the past 2 weeks dying for one but can't decide! Actually, walking through town in general is torture with all the fast food smells wafting out at me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

+1Sopranos

Poll open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

batm!ke wrote: »
    Well lads, anyone know of a really nice place to get a pizza in town, have a mad hankering for one all of a sudden but when I think of what's on offer; Dominos (greasy) Four Star (Dry) Pizza Hut (meh) Gino's (overrated IMO) I'm sure there are some nice local places people could recommend? And yes, I'm aware my post make me look like the Goldilocks of take-away pizza. :) Heard good things about Stan's Tasty Bites in Kilcohan?

If anyone is comin to NY in the near future PM me and I will lead you to the holy effin pizza grail on this side of the pond. Great stuff over here bai!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Go for Pizza Hut!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

+1

Yep, La Taverna FTW all the way - the lads in there, Cristian etc., are all sound out too. Food like you get in Italy - none of this greasy lasagne and chips lark, or "Hawaiian" fcuking pineapple pizzas.

I like florrins too.

Where's that?

By the way, the holy grail in Ireland is Steps of Rome just off Grafton St in Dublin. Pizza al taglio (done in a tray and sold by the slice) just like you get in la Città eterna... mmmm mmmm!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

La Taverna should be in there!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Looks like a two horse race ATM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Coney Island, Dominos and Pizza Hut leading the way??? :eek: Utter muck.

La Taverna for me everytime.

• Advertisement

Where is La Taverna?

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Where is La Taverna?
    The place has been many coffee shops in its day, but now does lovely pizza! Expensive though,

Edit: I actually posted the location but it disapperared!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Where is La Taverna?
    Beside Happy Garden I think.

Anyone tell me if they do takeaway pizza?

Beside Happy Garden I think.

Anyone tell me if they do takeaway pizza?

Yep, but last time I was there it was the same price as on the sit-down menu so very expensive. Things may have changed though as that was months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Dominos all the way, in Perth, their large is only a medium back home. Think ill order one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

chelloveks wrote: »
    If anyone is comin to NY in the near future PM me and I will lead you to the holy effin pizza grail on this side of the pond. Great stuff over here bai!

Ray's Pizza in Manhattan - now you're talking! Taste Buds now actually overloading with the thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

scout353 wrote: »
    Ray's Pizza in Manhattan - now you're talking! Taste Buds now actually overloading with the thought!

Rays is ok but it is very commercial like pizza hut and the other chains. All the ingredients come in a can! Now, there are some better ones than that! Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn side is tops in my book. Authentic, home made fresh sauce with real wet mozzarella and fresh basil cooked in a wood fired oven....FooK...now I'm gonna have to drive over there this weekend for one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'm spoiling my vote unless I can vote for La Taverna! :D

OP, can you add La Taverna to the poll, or will I have to get the support of four county councils to get it onto the list? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

fricatus wrote: »
    I'm spoiling my vote unless I can vote for La Taverna! :D

OP, can you add La Taverna to the poll, or will I have to get the support of four county councils to get it onto the list? :p

and mayhap also add La Fontana. The poll is skewed towards the ingredients from a tin chain outlets I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

is gino's closed down or does everyone just prefer the others????????

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

just my thoughts, Ginos got to be the best:D

Apache pizza is really attracting me with that price. 9.99 for any size pizza :eek:

Can't change the poll sorry! That's why I left an "Other" option for places like La Taverna (which I'm sad to say I never heard of). It's not geared towards the major Pizza people like Dominos as such, just that they're more instantly recognizable and I reckoned most people would have had at least one of those compared to the rest.

Looking forward to trying La Taverna some night thanks to the recommendations but tonight Matthew... I'm a Coney Island customer! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

batm!ke wrote: »
    Can't change the poll sorry! That's why I left an "Other" option for places like La Taverna (which I'm sad to say I never heard of). It's not geared towards the major Pizza people like Dominos as such, just that they're more instantly recognizable and I reckoned most people would have had at least one of those compared to the rest.

Looking forward to trying La Taverna some night thanks to the recommendations but tonight Matthew... I'm a Coney Island customer! :D

Mike you don't know La taverna! wait till I see you Monday, you'll know all About it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 smileychick

Got to be Ginos! Yum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement