Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Town

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Go for Pizza Hut!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

michellie wrote: »
    +1
    There fantastic, you get a huge pizza with a scissors to cut it!

Yep, La Taverna FTW all the way - the lads in there, Cristian etc., are all sound out too. Food like you get in Italy - none of this greasy lasagne and chips lark, or "Hawaiian" fcuking pineapple pizzas.

michellie wrote: »
    I like florrins too.

Where's that?

By the way, the holy grail in Ireland is Steps of Rome just off Grafton St in Dublin. Pizza al taglio (done in a tray and sold by the slice) just like you get in la Città eterna... mmmm mmmm!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

La Taverna should be in there!!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Looks like a two horse race ATM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Coney Island, Dominos and Pizza Hut leading the way??? :eek: Utter muck.

La Taverna for me everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Where is La Taverna?

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Where is La Taverna?
    The place has been many coffee shops in its day, but now does lovely pizza! Expensive though,

Edit: I actually posted the location but it disapperared!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Where is La Taverna?
    Beside Happy Garden I think.

Anyone tell me if they do takeaway pizza?

Beside Happy Garden I think.

Anyone tell me if they do takeaway pizza?

Yep, but last time I was there it was the same price as on the sit-down menu so very expensive. Things may have changed though as that was months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Dominos all the way, in Perth, their large is only a medium back home. Think ill order one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

chelloveks wrote: »
    If anyone is comin to NY in the near future PM me and I will lead you to the holy effin pizza grail on this side of the pond. Great stuff over here bai!

Ray's Pizza in Manhattan - now you're talking! Taste Buds now actually overloading with the thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

scout353 wrote: »
    Ray's Pizza in Manhattan - now you're talking! Taste Buds now actually overloading with the thought!

Rays is ok but it is very commercial like pizza hut and the other chains. All the ingredients come in a can! Now, there are some better ones than that! Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn side is tops in my book. Authentic, home made fresh sauce with real wet mozzarella and fresh basil cooked in a wood fired oven....FooK...now I'm gonna have to drive over there this weekend for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'm spoiling my vote unless I can vote for La Taverna! :D

OP, can you add La Taverna to the poll, or will I have to get the support of four county councils to get it onto the list? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

fricatus wrote: »
    I'm spoiling my vote unless I can vote for La Taverna! :D

OP, can you add La Taverna to the poll, or will I have to get the support of four county councils to get it onto the list? :p

and mayhap also add La Fontana. The poll is skewed towards the ingredients from a tin chain outlets I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

is gino's closed down or does everyone just prefer the others????????

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

just my thoughts, Ginos got to be the best:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Apache pizza is really attracting me with that price. 9.99 for any size pizza :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Can't change the poll sorry! That's why I left an "Other" option for places like La Taverna (which I'm sad to say I never heard of). It's not geared towards the major Pizza people like Dominos as such, just that they're more instantly recognizable and I reckoned most people would have had at least one of those compared to the rest.

Looking forward to trying La Taverna some night thanks to the recommendations but tonight Matthew... I'm a Coney Island customer! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

batm!ke wrote: »
    Can't change the poll sorry! That's why I left an "Other" option for places like La Taverna (which I'm sad to say I never heard of). It's not geared towards the major Pizza people like Dominos as such, just that they're more instantly recognizable and I reckoned most people would have had at least one of those compared to the rest.

Looking forward to trying La Taverna some night thanks to the recommendations but tonight Matthew... I'm a Coney Island customer! :D

Mike you don't know La taverna! wait till I see you Monday, you'll know all About it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 smileychick

Got to be Ginos! Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

scout353 wrote: »

Do they deliver to Tramore?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

roco71 wrote: »

Tramore eh? Tony's Pizza is very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

roco71 wrote: »
    30 minutes or its free

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭alphasounds

Ginos if you like italian pizza better then american style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lidoz in tramore can be decent:) calzone combo is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Poll seems close right now........ interesting.......:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Coney Island over Sopranos?!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Sully wrote: »
    Coney Island over Sopranos?!

I think you're right, yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Talking about Sopranos they just posted this
    Sopranos Cafe & Pizzeria
    TIME OUT TUESDAYS!!
    get your pizza today, cheaper the earlier you place you're order, offer starts at 5euro, and every fifteen minutes it goes up by 25cent, so right now- 6pm, its six euro!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 josephmc

Has to be the coney!!

Advertisement