Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Town

Options
  • 12-10-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Well lads, anyone know of a really nice place to get a pizza in town, have a mad hankering for one all of a sudden but when I think of what's on offer; Dominos (greasy) Four Star (Dry) Pizza Hut (meh) Gino's (overrated IMO) I'm sure there are some nice local places people could recommend? And yes, I'm aware my post make me look like the Goldilocks of take-away pizza. :) Heard good things about Stan's Tasty Bites in Kilcohan?

Where would YOU go for Pizza? 61 votes

Dominos Pizza
    0% 0 votes
    Four Star
    27% 17 votes
    Pizza Hut
    3% 2 votes
    Apache Pizza
    11% 7 votes
    Coney Island
    8% 5 votes
    Soprano's Pizza
    29% 18 votes
    Mizzoni's
    8% 5 votes
    Florin's Pizza
    9% 6 votes
    Other
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sopranos across from Storm Cinemas. Currently my favourite pizza bar the Chicago town ones you buy in the shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Mizzonis for me :-) oh, and Domino's double decadence when its just after payday haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Sopranos. nom nom nom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

apache pizza in Johns street, its only gorgeous, the nicest of them all I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Coney Island special, you can't go wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I have loved Coney Island since I was a young fella and still do. Florins ain't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

La Fontana do a very nice pizza using top quality ingredients.

The only time I was ever in Apache I asked whether they use Mozzarella and none of the staff including the cook knew. Time to leave at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I had forgotten about ALL those places! Ha, thanks for the replies! Now ye mention it, I have heard lots of good things about Sopranos. Do Apache still do that meal deal for a fiver where you get a little small pizza, chip and a can? That was nice and handy to be fair!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Is Sopranos not gone? Pizza hut in there now IIRC.

As a side note. When I finally come to power those that like thin base pizzas will be the first to be cut adrift........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Coney Island is the best option in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

ziedth wrote: »
    Is Sopranos not gone? Pizza hut in there now IIRC.

As a side note. When I finally come to power those that like thin base pizzas will be the first to be cut adrift........

godfather your thinking of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm a little obsessed with the espresso and brasserie pizzas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm a little obsessed with the espresso and brasserie pizzas

Espresso, yeah forgot about those. Was never keen on the food in Brasserie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The BBQ chicken pizzas in the brasserie are very filling but top notch. I can't really comment on the other food (except the chips, which I was never a fan of but I think they've changed now) cause I only eat pizza there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dying to try one from la taverna. Supposed to be savage

I don't like the chips in espresso, tho! lol

Sully wrote: »
    I don't like the chips in espresso, tho! lol

Pizzas man pizzas. Stay on topic or your banned. Hahaha. Go me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Coney Island is really nice, pizza hut is good too then id say apache.. Not as greasy as dominos. I should try some more places though as they're the only four I've tried.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

seanybiker wrote: »

+1
    There fantastic, you get a huge pizza with a scissors to cut it!

I like florrins too.

michellie wrote: »
    +1

I like florrins too.
    a scissors and all? That sounds amazeballs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They are to die for, but different, not a take away type thing.

Best give yourself some time, its a bit of a rush to get one inside a 1 hr lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

michellie wrote: »
    +1

I like florrins too.
    a scissors and all? That sounds amazeballs.

Yea a scissors! It's fab really, drooling thinking of it now :) I've only been in there in the evening and its nice and quiet .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 al20v

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Coney Island

Its just Unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Pizzas man pizzas. Stay on topic or your banned. Hahaha. Go me

Hey Seanie! Are you a mod?

Where were you when I was banned?

Friends in low places & all that!!! :rolleyes:

I'd say Mod powers would completely go to Seany's head! :P Told my gf I was mad after pizza, was going to through all the suggestions with her when I got home and pick one but in the meantime she went and bought a frozen Aldi one! To be fair, the 'fresh' pizzas are nice enough there but the outer crust of the frozen one was impervious to my pizza cutter (after cooking it of course) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

This thread needs a poll.
    Ive never really tried any pizza places aside from the main places (dominoes, pizza hut, godfathers). I've been eying up all the pizzerias in town over the past 2 weeks dying for one but can't decide! Actually, walking through town in general is torture with all the fast food smells wafting out at me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

+1Sopranos

Poll open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

batm!ke wrote: »
    Well lads, anyone know of a really nice place to get a pizza in town, have a mad hankering for one all of a sudden but when I think of what's on offer; Dominos (greasy) Four Star (Dry) Pizza Hut (meh) Gino's (overrated IMO) I'm sure there are some nice local places people could recommend? And yes, I'm aware my post make me look like the Goldilocks of take-away pizza. :) Heard good things about Stan's Tasty Bites in Kilcohan?

If anyone is comin to NY in the near future PM me and I will lead you to the holy effin pizza grail on this side of the pond. Great stuff over here bai!

Advertisement