Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Town

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Hard to believe that so many are voting for domino's, its the most generic boring corporate pizza there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Hard to believe that so many are voting for domino's, its the most generic boring corporate pizza there is.

I agree, Domino's and The Hut are the only places in town that actually count the number of toppings they put on you pie, they have a chart for F***S sake!!

Coney #1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I think the pizza in Mizzoni is nice . And the wowtastic deal they do is well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I see Pizza Hut is gone now and has been replaced by a new place called 'More than Pizza'. Lol, I had ordered n all by the time I copped the change. :D

Shame, I had really liked the pizza there the last while. Thinking Mizzoni now to try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I see Pizza Hut is gone now and has been replaced by a new place called 'More than Pizza'. Lol, I had ordered n all by the time I copped the change. :D

Shame, I had really liked the pizza there the last while. Thinking Mizzoni now to try it out.

so thats the third pizza place gone in there wasnt it godfathers before pizza hut?

mizzonis do a great pizza you wont be dissapointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

On a side note, i enjoyed Ginos for years, (even tho they never ever once served real pepperoni on their pizzas) then they introduced those metal plates which basically gathers up all the moisture of the pizza making it completely soggy and awful. I really wish they went back to the wood boards that were served.

Shams wrote: »
    On a side note, i enjoyed Ginos for years, (even tho they never ever once served real pepperoni on their pizzas) then they introduced those metal plates which basically gathers up all the moisture of the pizza making it completely soggy and awful. I really wish they went back to the wood boards that were served.

That's a strange backwards step to take I would think. Moving from wood to metal serving plates? :confused:

On another side note, Ardkeen Stores are now stocking Gino's Ice Cream in tubs and Chocolate Sauce in glass jars!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Gino's all the way, it's a pity they don't do deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Wow ginos is still there... I'm from athlone but ate out of that place a heap of times in 2004....lovely pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Also Ginos changed their sauce a good while ago, it used to be kinda spicy but it's more sweet and watered down which is a pity :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Gino's is not as nice as it used to be however it's still miles ahead of everywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

lads the little place next to city square on high street has the best pizza in waterford if not ireland. it is genuine italian pizza cooked in a brick fire pizza oven, how many places in ireland have this????? Try their Guinness pizza it will absolutely blow your mind. Cannot believe Ginos is considered over this secret genuine Italian gem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

O Riain wrote: »
    lads the little place next to city square on high street has the best pizza in waterford if not ireland. it is genuine italian pizza cooked in a brick fire pizza oven, how many places in ireland have this????? Try their Guinness pizza it will absolutely blow your mind. Cannot believe Ginos is considered over this secret genuine Italian gem!

Is that the place where you get scissors for cutlery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Whats in a Guinness pizza?

I've heard nothing but great things about that place actually, thanks for the reminder, must pop in there soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Whats in a Guinness pizza?

When they are making the dough they add Guinness into the process, I assume instead of water or in addition to water. The crust just gets a little bit darker and the flavour is actually unbelievable. As for the scissors comment above.. they use to give the pizzas out on quirkey wooden boards but I never got scissors...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭dzilla

Philly Grimes pub do an offer. Any drink plus a pizza from sopranos for 10€ .... it is epic imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

From what I was told at the time by an employee, they had to do this for food safety reasons, and wasn't a voluntary change.

dzilla wrote: »
    Philly Grimes pub do an offer. Any drink plus a pizza from sopranos for 10€ .... it is epic imo

You can eat the pizza in the bar? ...interesting... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Antichi Sapori? Haven't had their pizza but after reading this I will. Last time I was in had a pasta dish that was out of this world! Brilliant little restaurant, staff are dead on and prices are very reasonable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

dzilla wrote: »

This is a great offer imo. I shall be availing of this offer again since the football is back on. The pizza is excellent and you can also order anything else on the menu from sopranos.

A pint and pizza goes down well.

Yup Phillys Grimes do a pub offer on Sopranos, order at the bar and your pizza is delivered within 12 - 15 mins
    I don't think the sports channels are in there though, and you can get other stuff from the menu, garlic bread, wedges etc...
    And you can have almost any pint/ or bottle you want. Theres all lovely craft beer.

Also a nice way to support to local businesses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

Grimes has sky but not BT and won't be getting it

Thats a pity. The BT gets the crowd in at 3 oclock for the satuday kick off, get em in at that time and they stay later into the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is Mizzoni's on Patrick St. still open? The Mizzoni website doesn't have a Waterford Branch listed. The Mizzoni Facebook page said the Waterford branch was closed for refurbishment back in January.

Was hoping to order a Wagon Wheel pizza this weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Brendão wrote: »
    Is Mizzoni's on Patrick St. still open? The Mizzoni website doesn't have a Waterford Branch listed. The Mizzoni Facebook page said the Waterford branch was closed for refurbishment back in January.

Was hoping to order a Wagon Wheel pizza this weekend. :(

It was still open last month anyway. They don't give an online ordering option - must ring.

Used to eat Mizzoni's regularly, until Gino's started delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

crazyman wrote: »
    It was still open last month anyway. They don't give an online ordering option - must ring.

Used to eat Mizzoni's regularly, until Gino's started delivering.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give them a ring this evening so, find out how much a wagon wheel will set me back these days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,083 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got sopranos the other night and the pizza was horrible. It's gone to the dogs since it was taken over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Pizza Planet is meant to be unreal, haven't tried it myself but a few friends said it and its getting favourable reviews on justeat.

Advertisement