Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DigiWeb

• 03-06-2020 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I know there are a few prior threads on Digiweb,

just like to know if there are any current subscribers out there and what are your general opinions of this provider,

over all service, download speeds, customer service, speed [or lack there of] if and when outages/breakdowns

appreciate any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭medoc

I’ve been with them since last August for 300mb FTTH. No issues with them during the year. Installation was on time and first attempt by KN. They upgraded my 300 package to the 500 recently. The only funny thing is every month I get two emails with my invoice instead of one. The Fritz box they supplied is very good certainly much better than the last Eir yoke I had. I’ll stay with them when my contract is up unless I got an offer I couldn’t refuse elsewhere. But it would need to be a very good offer for me to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

medoc wrote: »
    I’ve been with them since last August for 300mb FTTH. No issues with them during the year. Installation was on time and first attempt by KN. They upgraded my 300 package to the 500 recently. The only funny thing is every month I get two emails with my invoice instead of one. The Fritz box they supplied is very good certainly much better than the last Eir yoke I had. I’ll stay with them when my contract is up unless I got an offer I couldn’t refuse elsewhere. But it would need to be a very good offer for me to leave.

Excellent customer service from Digiweb. Was with them for 3 years up until 2 weeks ago. Switched to Eir, what a disaster! Just so you know I’ve always received 2 emails with same bill every month.

Using them for years after numerous problems with Virgin's "fantastic" all in one box, that fell down badly as a router. Never had any issues, apart from the line being down maybe 3 times in 3 years, but that wasn't their fault. The Fritz Box is great, rock solid.

Saved a fortune by paying only for broadband, and going FTA for TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭tobdom

Very happy so far with Digiweb (since earlier this year), FTTH 150mb. Very good offer on sign-up (wrt installation fee), customer service has been excellent the couple of times I've had to engage. So would happliy recommend them (and have)....

They also have a referral offer which was seamlessly applied to our account (credit for a referral signing-up) without us having to do anything.

The only real issue I've had service/speed wise so far has been a WiFi issue. Recently installed a Mesh system (TP-Link Deco P9) which has drastically improved speed for wireless connected devices throughout the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭supernova5

Medoc, mmc272, soupandoitin, tobdom

thank you all for that...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Zero issues with connection or downtime being with them for 2yrs on FTTC as said before excellent customer care and the fritzbox modem is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭supernova5

cheers The Real B- man, good to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    I 2nd the above. In my second year of FTTH and see no reason to move. Bumped up to 500Mbps from 300 without asking to be. Decent Fritzbox (probably one of the better boxes on the market), always excellent customer care and apart from a couple of outages that affected other ISPs at the same time, no major issues.

The only thing is that the ping times are a little higher than Eir (and poss other ISPs). Mine average around 10-12ms on wired and Eir is down to 5ms and below. I know that some who are hard core gamers would want lower ping times but for me, no need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Customer in my second year. Zero issues, total downtime maybe 20 minutes. Support was excellent. Have my own Fritzbox which is a better model than what they deliver but not a bother. Enabled remote admin briefly and they logged on and configured my telephony section for VOIP. Also went a little over the limit a couple of time for sure but heard nothing from them.
    You get cheaper but I will not change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭gipi

In my first year as a customer, and I've had zero problems to date. I'm in an outlying location for broadband, so not getting great speeds (it registered between 2 and 3Mbps recently), but it seems to be very reliable.

My mother switched to Digiweb for phone service only a couple of years ago, they couldn't have been nicer during the set-up, even to the point of sending physical bills (she doesn't do internet or direct debits). One phone outage, which wasn't due to Digiweb, but they contacted eir and it was sorted within a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

medoc wrote: »
    I’ve been with them since last August for 300mb FTTH. No issues with them during the year. Installation was on time and first attempt by KN. They upgraded my 300 package to the 500 recently.

I am with Digiweb since FTTH became available in my area (November 2018) and I have no complaints.

I am on the 150/30 package and since OpenEir will reduce their wholesale charges of the 300 & 500 Mbit/sec packages to that of the 150 package (from 01 July), I am curious to know if Digiweb will upgrade me to 300 or 500 Mbit/sec?

I suppose it's a question that could be asked of all the ISPs (Airwire etc).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I am with Digiweb since FTTH became available in my area (November 2018) and I have no complaints.

I am on the 150/30 package and since OpenEir will reduce their wholesale charges of the 300 & 500 Mbit/sec packages to that of the 150 package (from 01 July), I am curious to know if Digiweb will upgrade me to 300 or 500 Mbit/sec?

Digiweb have already upgraded everyone to 500 from 300. Airwire and Vodafone are in the process of upgrading their customers to 500 as well. Eir have no plans for it as that package is no longer available and not sure if Pure Telecom will upgrade to 500 as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

OpenEIR increased their wholesale rates previously, where most of the ISPs just ate the difference. And the ISP still has to buy the bandwidth from the interconnect to their core and then to the internet. Doesn't come free either.

On top of that, the ISP also pays OpenEIR traffic charges for each connection on top of the monthly fee. That also has to be added. More bandwidth, more usage, more cost to the ISP.

I doubt it'll change retail pricing much.

Also, that announcement you are referring to was based on a proposed pricelist, meaning it may not happen at all. They change all the time. Until a final price list is published, nothing is set in stone.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

So, nobody appears to know whether the 150 Mbit/sec customers will be upgraded.

I suspect that if one ISP offers to upgrade, the rest will have to follow, to avoid losing their existing customers.

Nobody knows, if those price changes to the providers actually will materialise at this point. It was a proposed pricelist. It has not been ratified.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Do Digiweb use IPv4 for FTTH and can you request a static IP?

Had some issues recently on 4G with carriers using cGNAT making VPN / port forwarding more tricky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I suspect that if one ISP offers to upgrade, the rest will have to follow, to avoid losing their existing customers.

There are no plans to change the 150 Mbit/sec or 1000/Mbit/sec plans, both the download and upload speeds will remain the same on all networks. Only the 300 Mbit/sec plans are being upgraded to 500 on Airwire, Digiweb and Vodafone with the uploads remaining the same as before.

Gonzo wrote: »
    There are no plans to change the 150 Mbit/sec or 1000/Mbit/sec plans, both the download and upload speeds will remain the same on all networks. Only the 300 Mbit/sec plans are being upgraded to 500 on Airwire, Digiweb and Vodafone with the uploads remaining the same as before.

Paulgorm is referring to the wholesale cost of the 150, 300 and 500 potentionally being the same price to the provider in the future. (and hoping it means he can get the 300 and 500 at the same price as his 150)

The issue with that is, that that isn't the total cost to the provider. The providers also pay traffic charges for each connection to OpenEIR to bring the connection to the interconnect, cost for bandwidth from the interconnect to their core and the upstream. So a 300 and a 500 Mbit/s connection still costs them substantially more than a 150 Mbit/s connection. Depending on usage.

It's not like buying a piece of electronic hardware at wholesale and reselling it. There's like 4 or 5 different pieces to the puzzle.

It's the same with VDSL: the wholesale price per month to OpenEIR is the same, disregardless if it is 7 Mbit/s or 100 Mbit/s. Some providers offer cheaper packages, if it's 50 Mbit/s or less. Some don't. But that's based on other factors. Not the static wholesale price.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

With the companies that are moving the 300mb customers up to 500mb does that mean they will have two different prices for the same product?

Heighway61 wrote: »
    With the companies that are moving the 300mb customers up to 500mb does that mean they will have two different prices for the same product?

Some companies (Digiweb/Eir/Airwire) aren't offering the 300Mbps any more to purchase. (Although apparently they still could as the profile still exists). I see it is still listed on the Vodafone and a few other ISP sites. The price charged by OpenEir for the 500 is the same as the 300 now, so it seems some ISPs have bumped their customers up from 300 to 500Mbps for free.

• Advertisement

Unusual to have two different prices for the same product.

Unusual to have two different prices for the same product.

I don't understand what you mean exactly, unless you are talking about those ISPs still selling the 300 product instead of the 500.

I'm with Digiweb. I had 300 and now I have 500. I still pay the same each month. They don't sell the 300, so no two different prices exist with them.

MBSnr wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean exactly, unless you are talking about those ISPs still selling the 300 product instead of the 500.

I'mm with Digiweb. I had 300 and now I have 500. I still pay the same each month. They don't sell the 300, so no two different prices exist with them.
    Sorry, the price of the 500 I mean, not the 300. Say a providers 300 is €60 and 500 is €80. Those on 300 get bumped up to 500 at no extra cost. Then the 500 is sold to one group of customers (existing) for 80 and one (bumped) for 60. Unless they consider the difference is the upload speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I’m in my second year with Digiweb on siro and have found them fine to deal with. They are open with their settings so you can configure your own equipment.

I changed to a different Fritz box to the one they use and they had no problem setting up my voip for me on that box.

I did try to move to Vodafone this year due to the price difference and the difference is night and day. Vodafone don’t seem able to organise a piss up in brewery.

Sorry, the price of the 500 I mean, not the 300. Say a providers 300 is €60 and 500 is €80. Those on 300 get bumped up to 500 at no extra cost. Then the 500 is sold to one group of customers (existing) for 80 and one (bumped) for 60. Unless they consider the difference is the upload speeds.

That isn't the case though. The 500 profile is new from the 27th April and is sold, with Digiweb, for the same price as the original 300 profile. Other ISPs did the same I believe.
    So a new customer with Digiweb on 500 or an old customer with them bumped to 500 from 300, pay the same per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭KildareP

F34 wrote: »
    I’m in my second year with Digiweb on siro and have found them fine to deal with. They are open with their settings so you can configure your own equipment.

I changed to a different Fritz box to the one they use and they had no problem setting up my voip for me on that box.

I did try to move to Vodafone this year due to the price difference and the difference is night and day. Vodafone don’t seem able to organise a piss up in brewery.

Don't do it!

Vodafone are diabolical. On par with Eir.

Their discount period is not worth the savings - they will either balls it up on your transfer in or balls it up when you go to transfer out at the end of the heavily discounted period.

MBSnr wrote: »
    That isn't the case though. The 500 profile is new from the 27th April and is sold, with Digiweb, for the same price as the original 300 profile. Other ISPs did the same I believe.
    So a new customer with Digiweb on 500 or an old customer with them bumped to 500 from 300, pay the same per month.
    Thanks, get you now.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Watch this space :) Send me a PM if you'd like to be a "guinea pig" !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Have 150mb FTTH with digiweb, hasn’t gone down once in three years . Customer service in Dundalk is top notch, we have quite a few devices here and the guy remotely set up the 5ghz band while on the phone . Rang back few days later to check all was ok. Would never change to be honest even if I could get it cheaper , was with Eir and were a disaster as you would expect. Fritz box modem is night and day compared to that shyte Eir one. Recommend without hesitation ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

shooter69 wrote: »
    Have 150mb FTTH with digiweb, hasn’t gone down once in three years . Customer service in Dundalk is top notch, we have quite a few devices here and the guy remotely set up the 5ghz band while on the phone . Rang back few days later to check all was ok. Would never change to be honest even if I could get it cheaper , was with Eir and were a disaster as you would expect. Fritz box modem is night and day compared to that shyte Eir one. Recommend without hesitation ðŸ‘
    I second this. Also have the 150 FTTH. Digiweb are great to deal with. Would recommend to anyone looking for a provider.

Only slight issue for me right now is that 150mb at €55 is no longer up there in terms of pricing.

Advertisement