Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    b) it's 2020 and there's a massive global pandemic. What do they expect me to do with their poxy cheque?

Send it to me if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Opposite the local shopping center there's double yellow lines, but to get people to stop parking there 'only for a few minutes', the council put in bollards. Twice in the last week I've seen people parked outside the bollards causing a traffic jam because only one car can get by at a time. What do they have to do for people to get the message that you shouldn't ****ing park there!

It's bad enough that people park in the 'drop off only' spaces - park in the car park and walk you lazy swine!

TBH, the design of the place doesn't help. The parking at the back is a bit of a 'mare. There's a single row and a double row but the spaces are so narrow that even if you're right in the middle of the space, you're very close to the car next to you. The single lane between the two rows is fairly narrow too, so all in all it's not easy to park there. If it wasn't designed with one row less, then there should at least one less space in each row - cars are only getting bigger.

The side car park is better - there's loads of room. The trouble is it's uphill from there to the rear entrance to the shops, so lazy people don't want to use it, and there's no footpath on the ramp. There's also no footpath to the front, so you have to step onto the road to get there, and there's kind of a dark, unappealing corner there. Also ****ers tend to park on the end of the 'drop off only' spaces, then park behind those ****ers until half the entrance is blocked, creating another hazard.

A little bit of planning might have avoided a lot of those problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My sister texted me the other day. 'What do this mean?' So that's bad in itself then she sends on a sad smiley face. I said that's a sad face a sad smiley face. She said I thought it was a frown.
    Then people wonder what's wrong with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Cancelled my bus card seeing as how I've been home since March with no signs of ever going back into the office. I paid it every month by DD, but to refund me the unused journeys they're sending me a cheque.
    a) it's 2020, we shouldn't be using cheques anymore
    b) it's 2020 and there's a massive global pandemic. What do they expect me to do with their poxy cheque?

I have a €30 cheque from my car insurers that is staring at me for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Axa? I got that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Arseholes. The sent them by cheque as they know a portion of people will not get to a bank to lodge them. They could just of easily have refunded them to tour card or bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
      Arseholes. The sent them by cheque as they know a portion of people will not get to a bank to lodge them. They could just of easily have refunded them to tour card or bank account

I posted mine to my bank (KBC) and they lodged it for me no problem.
      I wasn't leaving it to Axa anyway

1. Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Aglomerado wrote: »

I posted mine to my bank (KBC) and they lodged it for me no problem.
        I wasn't leaving it to Axa anyway

Sure it's as easy to go to the bank as to the post office for a stamp.

TA that I have no time to do stuff like this anymore as I am working when everything is open

1. Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭boardlady

I'm with FBd and they very thoughtfully - or so I thought - gave a €35 refund in the form of one for all vouchers. An incentive to spend locally in the time of crisis. I liked their thinking .. considering they are a meany pants insurance company in general!

2. Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Zurich gave a €40 One4All voucher.

3. Advertisement
      4. Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Zurich gave a €40 One4All voucher.

We got two of the FBD ones.

Bet there were people TAd that they'd have to go to a shop to spend them.

If they put them into bank accounts, there'd be people TAd that they had to go to an ATM to get their hands on the cash.

TAd that you can't ever please everyone.

5. Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Got a €30 one 4all from boi/rsa..... Renewal in the door now, premium increase on last year of €40.

Seriously they refunded us for lack of use*, now they are recouping the refund with interest.

*we're still in a lockdown, still can't go very far, majority are still wfh.

Ah I think I'm more than trivially annoyed.

6. Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm surrounded by people who constantly moan about work. I've a friend I'm seriously considering distancing from because he literally never stops talking about work. He lives vicariously through his job, deriving all sense of self and validation from how "needed" he is - when in fact he's just working hard not smart, and essentially allowing the company to shít on his work life balance all the time. Last time we met there'd be a pandemic and I'd had a baby - and he could still only talk about how busy he was. Practically running the place, doing fifty hours overtime and training up new entrants who then pass him out, while he's left on 35k after something like eight years there. I just don't get it. I've tried so many times to help him with his CV, job search etc but I think he just wants to stay there and moan about it.

Now OH has started complaining too. Working late, through lunch hour etc. and our baby and I get the dregs of his emotional and mental energy.

And in the midst of it all, a message from another friend who is sick of work and very busy.

Everyone is convinced that their companies would fold without them when in reality, most of us can be replaced very easily.

7. Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Antares35 wrote: »
        I'm surrounded by people who constantly moan about work. I've a friend I'm seriously considering distancing from because he literally never stops talking about work. He lives vicariously through his job, deriving all sense of self and validation from how "needed" he is - when in fact he's just working hard not smart, and essentially allowing the company to shít on his work life balance all the time. Last time we met there'd be a pandemic and I'd had a baby - and he could still only talk about how busy he was. Practically running the place, doing fifty hours overtime and training up new entrants who then pass him out, while he's left on 35k after something like eight years there. I just don't get it. I've tried so many times to help him with his CV, job search etc but I think he just wants to stay there and moan about it.

Now OH has started complaining too. Working late, through lunch hour etc. and our baby and I get the dregs of his emotional and mental energy.

And in the midst of it all, a message from another friend who is sick of work and very busy.

Everyone is convinced that their companies would fold without them when in reality, most of us can be replaced very easily.

Spot on Ant.

Best thing is to tell them to fuhherke off and get another job if they are that pissed off.

But...nothing new about that.....par for the course.

8. Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Antares35 wrote: »

I've said it in here recently, but one of my Da's sayings is 'There are plenty of people in the graveyard who thought they were indispensable'

9. Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I've said it in here recently, but one of my Da's sayings is 'There are plenty of people in the graveyard who thought they were indispensable'

And they didn't take it with them either :)

10. Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am delighted that the neighbour's kid finally got to make her communion after missing out on the big day earlier in the year.
        But sweet mother of jesus - the mother has now shared close to 90 photos of the big day in the past 2 weeks. Enough!

11. Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

between all the years of education that GPs and Pharmacists get you would think that somewhere along the line they would learn how to count and do basic admin tasks. Gob****es the lot of them.

12. Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

The way they're pronouncing nphet nefet. I don't know why but it bugs the sh!te of me.

13. Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Onshuh wrote: »
        The way they're pronouncing nphet nefet. I don't know why but it bugs the sh!te of me.

Dats why you are here big man.....tap the bile pipe.

14. Advertisement
      15. Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My daughter wanted to be a dr ( either because of the very pretty dr she saw once or doc Mc stuffings who knows?)
        Now it a you tuber :(
        My retirement plans have just vanished

16. Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Parents giving their kids bags of “treats” to give to every pupil in their class because it’s their birthday.

Last thing I need is one of them “buzzing” from Skittles, along with other crap, while the others whinge over not having any.

The tide is turning…

17. Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

cj maxx wrote: »
        My daughter wanted to be a dr ( either because of the very pretty dr she saw once or doc Mc stuffings who knows?)
        Now it a you tuber :(
        My retirement plans have just vanished
        She could probably make more money from the YTing :pac:
        That reminds me of some Irish girl I read about. She trained to become, it was either a nurse or a teacher and after working for a year or two she decided to give it up and become a full time social-media influencer instead.
        The writer of the article thought it was great, she is a great role model for young girls etc. :rolleyes:

It honestly made me feel very sad.
        This qualified girl leaves a job where she can help people and make a positive difference so she can spend her life making videos about shoes and lipstick.

18. Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

She could probably make more money from the YTing :pac:
        That reminds me of some Irish girl I read about. She trained to become, it was either a nurse or a teacher and after working for a year or two she decided to give it up and become a full time social-media influencer instead.
        The writer of the article thought it was great, she is a great role model for young girls etc. :rolleyes:

It honestly made me feel very sad.
        This qualified girl leaves a job where she can help people and make a positive difference so she can spend her life making videos about shoes and lipstick.

She is helping people albeit in a different way.

Shes right to give it a go,she can always go back to her "proper job"later.

19. Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

dubstarr wrote: »

Yeh... she’s right..

It’s the heels who pay any heed to her I would worry about.

Know wor ah meyan?

20. Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

dubstarr wrote: »

I not convinced Dubstarr. She wasn't going to go back from the sound of it.

It was the tone of the article that got to me. Trying to put young girls off the idea of seeking good jobs where they can really help people.

What does the world need more atm, teachers and nurses or glorified shopping-channel presenters?

That is another major TA. Have you ever actually watched the vids of twats on YT that young children are following? It is blatant hard-sell advertising for toys, Amazon etc. thinly veiled as entertainment. They are bombarded with it and wouldn't even realise it.

21. Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Onshuh wrote: »

Argh especially that gobshīte MM saying nnnnyift. Eugh.

22. Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Rang a lad today, did he get back to me ? Same lad had no problem calling when the pubs were closed and he wanted to get out of his house...why did I even bother ?? Shud know at this stage...

23. Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Seems everything I needed during the day I misplaced. Only to find them when I didn't need them.

24. Advertisement
      25. Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think I might have moaned about this before but it just happened and I need to vent.

I am NOT a fan of car noises in housing estates. It's irrational, I know. Cars need to make noise to go, I get it.

But I'm on about those people who start their car and DO! NOT! F'CKING! MOVE! for minutes!! If you weren't ready to go, why did you start the car?! I also hate the sound of a car arriving into my street, stopping, and staying on.

It's even more infuriating when I'm in bed.

I also hate the sound of people getting out of their car, closing the door, then another door closing, then another door closing....... then another door closing - basically they keep forgetting to bring things in from the car... or they're going out to the car and keep forgetting to bring things out from the house - either way: STOP OPENING AND CLOSING YOUR F'CKING DOORS SO MANY TIMES!

Or people who get dropped off at night, get out of the car and proceed to continue talking LOUDLY before saying bye. You had the whole car journey to have your boring conversation and if you were friends you'd continue said conversation on the phone if you were that desperate.

I can't reiterate the neutral engine sound enough, though.

Like, stop bringing your car into the street and sitting there for a further 10 minutes without turning off the engine. It makes me get up to check out the window repeatedly to see wtf is going on.

Also. Don't beep your f'cking horn you impatient pig.

And speaking of impatient.

I have another TA non-car-related.

If you're coming to my house, either knock on the door or use the door bell.... DO NOT DO BOTH! DO NOT RING THE BELL AND THEN START KNOCKING. I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME YOU IGNORAMUS.

*long sigh* that felt good.

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement