Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Meaning Of Life - RTE1

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Harry Crosbie is on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,870 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    Well there is only one side still glorifying and justifying all the violence

Wanna buy a poppy after Unquiet Graves? Take a trip around loyalist areas of Belfast?

Get real Truth. Utter selective nonsense again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Wanna buy a poppy after Unquiet Graves? Take a trip around loyalist areas of Belfast?

Get real Truth. Utter selective nonsense again.

Don't see any loyalists here so no-one to deal with. In any event the poppy is nothing to do with Unquiet Graves subject matter - save in the minds of Sinn Fein IRA supporters who hate any thing English or Protestant .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Sinn Fein takeover, the North takeover, on the thread.

Why am I not surprised.

The program was called The Meaning of Life.

I found Mary Lou Mcdonald to be quite wooden, a political interview.

Maybe time they reviewed the type of guests they have on and stay away from politicians who can't be anything but political.

Don't see any loyalists here so no-one to deal with. In any event the poppy is nothing to do with Unquiet Graves subject matter - save in the minds of Sinn Fein IRA supporters who hate any thing English or Protestant .

More lies and rubbish.

My partner and children are protestant. Try living in the real world for a change Truth, not some Daily Mail one of invention and stereotype.

• Advertisement

More lies and rubbish.

My partner and children are protestant. Try living in the real world for a change Truth, not some Daily Mail one of invention and stereotype.

So who is here justifying or glorifying the Glenanne gang - or even praising their sad residue for "embracing the peace process" or "turning away from violence" or any of that claptrap routinely wheeled out in favour of "Gerry the Peacemaker"

And to be fair there was nothing in it for the Glennane thugs. Don't remember them being invited to the White House or getting full time jobs for life as "community activists" or taking over the streets to have a laughable budget paramilitary funeral for their dead murderers .

Indee, maybe they are the true sainted peacemakers who turned away from violence while being forced to give up their stupid marches, biased political system and police force and accept interference in their soveriegn affairs from Dublin.

So who is here justifying or glorifying the Glenanne gang - or even praising their sad residue for "embracing the peace process" or "turning away from violence" or any of that claptrap routinely wheeled out in favour of "Gerry the Peacemaker"

And to be fair there was nothing in it for the Glennane thugs. Don't remember them being invited to the White House or getting full time jobs for life as "community activists" or taking over the streets to have a laughable budget paramilitary funeral for their dead murderers .

Indee, maybe they are the true sainted peacemakers who turned away from violence while being forced to give up their stupid marches, biased political system and police force and accept interference in their soveriegn affairs from Dublin.

Who said anyone was.

Duffy managed to turn the programme into a political discussion which he wanted to conduct as if the there was no context for what happened on this island but the emergence of the IRA and SF.

The same utter rubbish you and other partitionists engage in.

Now I am going to leave this discussion to those who wish to talk about good television, which this show wasn't because of the host's by now legendary bias and brutal attempts at ambushing a guest, who managed IMO to stay rational and calm and make him look like he was going to burst a bloodvessel.

Who said anyone was.

Duffy managed to turn the programme into a political discussion which he wanted to conduct as if the there was no context for what happened on this island but the emergence of the IRA and SF.

The same utter rubbish you and other partitionists engage in.

Now I am going to leave this discussion to those who wish to talk about good television, which this show wasn't because of the host's by now legendary bias and brutal attempts at ambushing a guest, who managed IMO to stay rational and calm and make him look like he was going to burst a bloodvessel.

Still numbly promoting the Sinn Fein delusional agenda. Mary Lou came accross as the slithery self serving morally compromised parasite she is.

No support for the Glennane murderers for a Nobel Peace Prize then? Just Saint Gerry then I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Take away from the programme was:

Mary Lou: I'm a Catholic, I go to mass
    Murder is justifiable.

imme wrote: »
    Take away from the programme was:

Mary Lou: I'm a Catholic, I go to mass
    Murder is justifiable.

Of course it is how could you join Sinn Fein and not be comfortable with the odd murder - or indeed a 30 year campaign of murder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Harry Crosbie is on next week.

Nathan Carter is the guest on the following Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

brian_t wrote: »
    Nathan Carter is the guest on the following Sunday.

Sweet jaysus, is he ever off RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Nathan Carter is clinically depressed i'm sure. He sounds very flat, defeated. Hope he gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    Nathan Carter is clinically depressed i'm sure. He sounds very flat, defeated. Hope he gets sorted.

No gigs for 2020, must be broke and bored, does he get covid pandemic payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tony Holohan a guest with Joe Duffy, the family of Vicky Phelan got their solicitor to stop him talking about her but I am sure Cervical Check and Covid were mentioned

Tony has a book to promote (and a new romance)

Can we expect him next on DWTS

Did he get his big job after leaving the previous job with a pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Advertisement