Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching the rain.

Got my last fishing session of the season done this morning and may spend the afternoon cleaning and packing things away.

It's that time of year now to go through my book 'wish list', see what I can get hold of and, hopefully, add a few more for the winter reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Planeside, Dublin bound! This morning I made a dash for the square at the port! Beautiful! Unfortunately I walked around for literally 2 mins and headed for the airport! Talk to yous on the other side folks! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just finished lunch with 2 of my best mates at the IFSC.

Off to my art group shortly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Planeside, Dublin bound! This morning I made a dash for the square at the port! Beautiful! Unfortunately I walked around for literally 2 mins and headed for the airport! Talk to yous on the other side folks! :D
    Wow that place is gorgeous looking! Where is it Dave if you don't mind me asking?

Guy Person wrote: »
    Wow that place is gorgeous looking! Where is it Dave if you don't mind me asking?

I could be wrong but I think it's Lisbon. Commerce Square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Guy Person wrote: »

I thought it was Madrid myself!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Whoever guesses correctly gets to come with me when I go there.

Your treat :P

A long dash to a port in Madrid. :)
    This morning I made a dash for the square at the port! Beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

It's Lisbon alright. That's where Dave said he was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fecking negotiations, my ears are bleeding, stupid job

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On the bus home , it's so packed we're all like sardines in a tin can :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed enjoying my last hours as a 30 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Interesting day. Called up to Dublin to do a job I'd usually do from home. Early start on the train. Working in a facility under pressure and finished by 3.30pm. job done. Made me realize I still have it! Back on the train. But don't know how people do that commute 5 days a week. Somany sad facesHaving a pint and gonna grab a Chinese takeaway on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It's Lisbon alright. That's where Dave said he was.

Looks like you’ve got a trip to Lisbon with Guy, Ifevera!! :D

Aircoachside, almost home! I see the weather everyone has been talking about! Send me back to Lisbon please!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Cooking lemon chicken & roast vegetables for OH. Enjoying myself, love the herby-lemony cooking smells and the pelting thunderous rain on the roof.

This would have been unthinkable last year...wearing an apron...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Recently unemployed due to taking a whip to a lively owner who was abusing their horse after failing in a hunt. Do I regret it, no and hopefully the lash marks will remind him to be more understanding. Hunting is a terrible sport and only cripples the horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cooking lemon chicken & roast vegetables for OH. Enjoying myself, love the herby-lemony cooking smells and the pelting thunderous rain on the roof.

This would have been unthinkable last year...wearing an apron...

Can you send me some advice for Mrs G.:D

Recently unemployed due to taking a whip to a lively owner who was abusing their horse after failing in a hunt. Do I regret it, no and hopefully the lash marks will remind him to be more understanding. Hunting is a terrible sport and only cripples the horses.

You whipped a person? Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You whipped a person? Wha?

A person who was whipping a horse for falling, I'd do the same myself.

A person who was whipping a horse for falling, I'd do the same myself.

Which is terrible! I just, I dunno. What would I do? I'd let a roar out of me and tell them to stop behaving in such a disgusting manner to a living creature. If I could grab the whip off them I would. Me whipping someone though? I can't imagine doing that. Mind you if I were in the situation who knows.

• Advertisement

Which is terrible! I just, I dunno. What would I do? I'd let a roar out of me and tell them to stop behaving in such a disgusting manner to a living creature. If I could grab the whip off them I would. Me whipping someone though? I can't imagine doing that. Mind you if I were in the situation who knows.

If you're big enough to give it you should be able to take it. The horse didn't fall deliberately, and some never get back up.

If you're big enough to give it you should be able to take it. The horse didn't fall deliberately, and some never get back up.

I know. Animal cruelty breaks my heart. Again I dunno. Just something that made me think is all. It's a bit like "you did a terrible thing and now I'm going to do a terrible thing to you".

Jesus my tae must be spiked with 'questioning pills' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The rider shouldn't have whipped the horse for falling , that's just horrible and cruel :(

I think it's the word whipping and the connotations that arise from it in relation to whipping a person , that may be off putting to others . I dunno . Just my thoughts on it tbh .

Home .

It's a bit like "you did a terrible thing and now I'm going to do a terrible thing to you"

That's exactly what it is, if I started whipping someone I wouldn't be surprised if they retaliated. The horse couldn't, so Red stepped in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know. Animal cruelty breaks my heart. Again I dunno. Just something that made me think is all. It's a bit like "you did a terrible thing and now I'm going to do a terrible thing to you".

Jesus my tae must be spiked with 'questioning pills' :D

What kind of tea bags are yis using there poly hmmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Honeybear , am watching Kevin tonight :)

No Seph , not you , relax :p

What kind of tea bags are yis using there poly hmmmm?

Some kind of weird 'eye for an eye' brand Seph :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside after a long hectic day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Honeybear , am watching Kevin tonight :)

No Seph , not you , relax :p

Bit of a coincidence Mam ... having a naughty night here too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Old bake off then bed, had well enough of today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement