Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside, catching up on Eastenders. Got another nice bit written on my thesis tonight and I’m hoping I’ll be able to finish the first chapter tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Any Tinder dates for the weekend,Kitty?

I am lying on my bed reading a book.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Me whipping someone though? I can't imagine doing that. Mind you if I were in the situation who knows.

You've more layers than a bleedin onion perse.. Twas only a week or two ago and we were talking about ironing shirts and now yer contemplating taking out the whip? Usain Bolt doesn't even move that fast....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Honeybear , am watching Kevin tonight :)

No Seph , not you , relax :p

*Scratches head profusely *

What made ya think my name was Kevin mam? :confused: I must admit though it is a fantastic name, any Kevin I've ever met has been a true gent!

Some kind of weird 'eye for an eye' brand Seph :p

Ohhhhh I see poly.........well then.....

*adds poly's name to this black book*

You've more layers than a bleedin onion perse.. Twas only a week or two ago and we were talking about ironing shirts and now yer contemplating taking out the whip? Usain Bolt doesn't even move that fast....

I'm not sure how to respond without giving away my little secrets Harry :p

• Advertisement

Any Tinder dates for the weekend,Kitty?

I am lying on my bed reading a book.

No dates of any sort PM, working all weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Cant be doing with hunts.

Leave the place wrecked.

Just an excuse for a few to be hooligans on horseback for a day

Now TVside
    Thinking a certain working mod might rereg as Kevin Barry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

*Scratches head profusely *

What made ya think my name was Kevin mam? :confused: I must admit though it is a fantastic name, any Kevin I've ever met has been a true gent!

Ohhhhh I see poly.........well then.....

*adds poly's name to this black book*

Default , if I can't remember a name , Kevin is apt , as you said a gentlemans name !

Tbh , I haven't a fecking clue , me brain is frazzled here .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ah lads, I'm all sad here with thoughts about others. My life isn't perfect at all, but jaysus, I just got an email about today's job in Dublin. Do these **** ever sleep??? The email was sent to me by mistake and meant for someone else. My heart is going out to the poor fecker who it's directed at. If I was in my 20s/early 30s with the talent some of these guys have, I'd be on a plane out of the place. Run like fook!

In my world, it's a night cap and grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

You whipped a person? Wha?

It is hard to stand there watching an owner literally beating a horse for failing in a hunt due to mostly a over confidante owner. The horse did his job to the best of his master's ability. Since his owners ability wasn't up to par, he instead decided to beat the horse in a corner with no escape.

So yes I took the whip from him and proceeded to flog him to teach him a lesson. When a horse fails to perform, it is a rider's issue. Not the horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Perched snug as a bug in a rug in the bed.

Happy birthday young Lexie. May your future be bright and shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

In my dreams I’m imagining that I don’t have to go to work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

honeybear wrote: »
    In my dreams I’m imagining that I don’t have to go to work tomorrow

In mine I never have to work again.

It is hard to stand there watching an owner literally beating a horse for failing in a hunt due to mostly a over confidante owner. The horse did his job to the best of his master's ability. Since his owners ability wasn't up to par, he instead decided to beat the horse in a corner with no escape.

So yes I took the whip from him and proceeded to flog him to teach him a lesson. When a horse fails to perform, it is a rider's issue. Not the horses.

I can only imagine. Seeing such a sight would anger me and my heart would break for the poor horse. I am not a violent person and believe that one hurt doesn't always justify another. So while I certainly wouldn't stand idly by nor would I react with violence.

However it was a situation you were in, not I. It just made me think is all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In bed enjoying my last hours as a 30 year old

Happy Birthday! Have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah lads, I'm all sad here with thoughts about others. My life isn't perfect at all, but jaysus, I just got an email about today's job in Dublin. Do these **** ever sleep??? The email was sent to me by mistake and meant for someone else. My heart is going out to the poor fecker who it's directed at. If I was in my 20s/early 30s with the talent some of these guys have, I'd be on a plane out of the place. Run like fook!

In my world, it's a night cap and grub.
    Jesus, who sends an email by mistake these days? Did they bad mouth your work G? Slides a can of beer your way:D Take it easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I can only imagine. Seeing such a sight would anger me and my heart would break for the poor horse. I am not a violent person and believe that one hurt doesn't always justify another. So while I certainly wouldn't stand idly by nor would I react with violence.

However it was a situation you were in, not I. It just made me think is all.

I understand your position, but mine might seem a bit hard core, I always have a love of horses and in part they have helped in dealing with my PTSD.A horse has a fight or flight mentality. Most times they choose flight from an aggressive situation.
    So if taking a whip to an owner was abusing a horse for failing in a hunt a bad thing, I'll take it.

Heading bedside , night all 😴💤💤

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

In bed enjoying my last hours as a 30 year old

Happy birthday lex. Hope you got spoiled with presents luv. Right now I'm in an out of a film called the bucket list, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, both of whom are great in other films but paired up with each other they're not the mae west.

I understand your position, but mine might seem a bit hard core, I always have a love of horses and in part they have helped in dealing with my PTSD.A horse has a fight or flight mentality. Most times they choose flight from an aggressive situation.
    So if taking a whip to an owner was abusing a horse for failing in a hunt a bad thing, I'll take it.

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2019/01/03/joe-gives-free-rein-to-the-healing-power-of-horses/

It's an article about a man named Joe Slattery who works with horses in a therapeutic manner to help people. Marian Finucane interviewed him a few months back and I think he's amazing.
    You might be interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

votecounts wrote: »
    Jesus, who sends an email by mistake these days? Did they bad mouth your work G? Slides a can of beer your way:D Take it easy

It was literally an email to another colleague and not meant for me at all. Still easy :Dto do these days when you work in a little group. Just an arsehole not recognising names/email addresses.

Gonna slide that can of beer back to you. Time for bed. Keep it till the weekend begins at 6pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Birthday my favourite Shoes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Happy birthday shoes

Happy birthday Shoes! Hope you have a wonderful day!

I’m bedside, was going to say thank god tomorrow’s Friday but I’m working Saturday and Sunday so I don’t know what I have to be happy about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Discovered that the wife held a wonderful surprise birthday party for me, and I got home from work at 3am after everyone had left.

At least I got the leftovers and presents :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside party

Happy Birthday shoes & smurf !!
    Are Ye birthday twins?

I'm at work, on nights, found out today that I didn't get a scholarship I really wanted.... Suppose I kind of knew I wouldn't but still disappointed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lying in bed listening to some impressive rain.. Its going to be very clean out there tomorrow!.

Happy birthday Shoes and Smurf :)

Sorry to hear that Bubbly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Intervention on Neflix , addiction is heartbreaking for all those involved .

• Advertisement

Getting a lift to the bus so heading off soon.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching Intervention on Neflix , addiction is heartbreaking for all those involved .

Amen to this mam 😔

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement